DBGT music

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LionOmega

DBGT music

Post by LionOmega » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:08 am

Are there any official DBGT soundtracks released in Japan? or more specifically are the any dragonball soundtracks released at all that has this specific bg music included?

I know everyone hate's youtube blah blah but i cant find media player clip so ill just post this real quick or 39 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cTiGH-0g-A

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:35 am

This question gets asked so much I think Mike should put it somewhere on his site with the "There is no OAV" blurb. :lol:

Anyway, no there are no official CDs of the background music from GT. The closest you can get is purchasing the soundtrack for the 10th anniversary DB movie, ""Saikyô e no Michi". Much of the GT background music was used for the movie so you'll get some of it, but definitely not all the pieces.

As for the clip you linked, no unfortunately, there is no CD where you can get that lovely redition of "Dan Dan", which is a shame since it's definitely a fan favourite.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:45 am

I hate to be Mr. Obvious, but this should be in the Music Section.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:32 am

Well it actually isn't. And I don't see why it should be seeing as the music section lists existing CDs, not CDs "that should have been made".

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:59 am

By Music section, I believe SatoSky was refering to the forum Music section. :P
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:27 am

Tsukento wrote:By Music section, I believe SatoSky was refering to the forum Music section. :P
Ah, of course. :P

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:30 pm

This is actually a BGM piece I've wanted for a while too...

I'm sure it'll be on the DBZ Sparking soundtrack.

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:47 pm

Castor Troy wrote:This is actually a BGM piece I've wanted for a while too...

I'm sure it'll be on the DBZ Sparking soundtrack.
Are they putting out a soundtrack CD to Sparking!, or are you just kidding?
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: DBGT music

Post by _Jrinu_ » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:50 pm

LionOmega wrote:Are there any official DBGT soundtracks released in Japan? or more specifically are the any dragonball soundtracks released at all that has this specific bg music included?

I know everyone hate's youtube blah blah but i cant find media player clip so ill just post this real quick or 39 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cTiGH-0g-A
I love how it's titled SSJ5... :roll:

Ah, Youtube, you will never cease to disgust me :wink:
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:42 am

Finally played the clip :)
Oh, you mean the recap music! Yes, aside from the fast-paced piano-and-strings rendition of "DAN DAN Kokoro Hikarete'ku" that's generally used when the characters get the upper hand and deliver the finishing blow on the villain, that one is definitely a rabid favorite of mine from GT. In fact, I've been listening to my GT DVDs at work (I have one o' those "typing-at-a-computer-while listening-to-books-on-tape" jobs, and I bring my portable DVD player - with the screen down so that my boss doesn't get mad at me :)), and let me tell you, even though I always remembered enjoying the recap music the last time I went on a GT splurge, I had totally forgotten just how incredibly good this piece is. As a result, it's been popping up in my head and getting stuck there at random over the past few days, but I never want it to leave!
And on the subject of GT music, I had to agree with Mike and Meri when I listened to that podcast episode where they mentioned how difficult it was to remember anything from the GT BGM other than the music that was composed with a base on the theme songs. But now that I'm back into GT, I'm starting to remember some really good ones, like the catchy fast-paced one that starts out with the bass guitar... it plays during a number of the chase scenes (I'm pretty sure it's first used when the trio is on Planet Imecka and they're escaping from the gestapo), and my own personal fantitle for it is "Fugitives On The Run". It isn't based off any of the theme songs, but it's very memorable.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

LionOmega

Post by LionOmega » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:30 am

The background music thats plays when Goku kill's majin buu with spirit bomb. Is that on any released DBZ soundtrack?

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:07 pm

Yes it is, the music played when Goku kills Buu for good is on Disc 5 of the DragonBall & DragonBall Z: Daizenshuu (5 CD Set), track 13 named Kyokugen Batoru!! San Dai Suupaa Saiya-jin, Extreme Battle!! The Three Great Super Saiyans translated.

Pretty piece in the episode but a bit too dreamy for me to listen to when just jamming.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:48 am

Also, the piece that's heard when Goku kills Super 17 is one of my favourites. It's a fast battle-type music which isn't based on a theme.
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:10 pm

Jerseymilk wrote: Anyway, no there are no official CDs of the background music from GT. The closest you can get is purchasing the soundtrack for the 10th anniversary DB movie, ""Saikyô e no Michi". Much of the GT background music was used for the movie so you'll get some of it, but definitely not all the pieces.
Yeah I purchased the 1Oth Anniversary OST in Kinnokuya in NYC awhile back. It has all the BGM pieces I really cared about on it so I was fine with it.

MysticGogeta
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MysticGogeta » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:22 pm

Man the only music I own from DBGT are the tracks that get bundled in some of the best of's or in Collections. Though GT was non-canon in a sense and the story was plain bad, the music was the greatest part of the the series. Especially the opening theme and ending theme.