What if Krillin's Kienzan DID kill Nappa?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Patrick
Beyond Newbie

What if Krillin's Kienzan DID kill Nappa?

Post by Patrick » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:26 pm

Suppose that Nappa didn't hear Vegeta's "advice" to dodge the flying disk? Instead of dodging, he still tries to catch the saucer, but it doesn't end well for him, and he gets cut in half. He pretty much dies instantaneously. Piccolo would still be alive for one, so there's that.

What do you guys think?
Zephyr wrote:Toriyama's not breaking into everyone's homes and editing your copy of the manga with a pen to include Goku's mom and this "blasphemous" information about her.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Re: What if Krillin's Kienzan DID kill Nappa?

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:30 pm

I guess it depends on what Vegeta does next. Does he wait for Goku to arrive or does he attack? And if he attacks, does he play around first or does he just finish them off as quick as he can?

He would keep Piccolo alive to make him talk about the Dragon Balls, but I can't see Piccolo telling him anything, except maybe if Vegeta threatened to kill Gohan.

If Vegeta gets fed up before Goku arrives, he kills them all and blows up Earth and that's that. Though I don't know how he would do that without dying in the vaccuum of space.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:46 pm

If Vegeta waits, then he's likely defeated without the use of the Genki Dama due to Krillin and Piccolo's attacks like the Kienzan and Makankasaoppo along with Goku's usage of the Kaio-ken.

If Vegeta doesn't wait, he kills all of them, waits for Goku, their fights proceeds like normal, then he kills Goku in Oozaru form due to nobody interfering with the fight.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:02 pm

I think Vegeta would recognize the potential lethality of the Earthlings and wouldn't waste any more time.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Zephyr wrote:I think Vegeta would recognize the potential lethality of the Earthlings and wouldn't waste any more time.
True, but doesn't he already realize the lethality of the Earthlings in the actual series? He sees the Kienzan and guesses correctly that it can insta-kill, but after that he does nothing to speed up the fight.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Deep Thought
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deep Thought » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:29 pm

Vegeta radiated with cockiness and toyed with Gohan during much more desperate circumstances, after witnessing firsthand that Gohan was capable of massive fluctuations of power when enraged. Vegeta's arrogance knows no bounds, he views himself as a godly prince and regards everyone, even Nappa, as ants that are a minor annoyance at best. Vegeta's also the much more patient one out of the two, willing to wait three hours for Goku and even humor Goku into fighting in the desert. I think Vegeta would toy with the gang, maybe even show off how much better he would be at dodging Kurrin's attacks than pathetic Nappa to instil a sense of despair, and he would torture Piccolo. Vegeta revels in dominating others comparatively, as hasn't ever really rushed his fights (he could've knocked out Pui-Pui, Jeice, and Kuwi with one hit but he opted to tortuously prolong the fights instead). He would be on his guard for sure but I don't think Vegeta would rush anything.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu May 01, 2014 9:29 am

Nappa doesn't die instantly even with ½ his face cut off, shocking everyone there. He then brags about, how he is going to destroy Krillin, until a blast from behind finally does him in. It turns out it was Piccolo and Krillin is upset, that he will not get credit for being the one killing Nappa.
Vegeta then challenges them all and Piccolo and Gohan attack him. Vegeta easily evades Gohan and knocks him to the ground, before doing the same to Piccolo. Krillin then fires a Kienzan at him, but Vegeta dodges before firing blasts at all three of them.
Both Krillin and Piccolo manage to dodge, but Gohan doesn't, Piccolo putting himself in front of the blast trying to save Gohan.
Piccolo loses his arms and his entire lower body, but still manages to say his goodbyes to Gohan. Then Goku arrives.

And then my joke manga ends with a note about why Vegeta said he was the one who killed Piccolo on Earth.