DBZ portion of Manga to be in full color?!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: DBZ portion of Manga to be in full color?!

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 01, 2014 7:12 pm

Ni... niho... nihongo... wa...

Ain't nobody got time for that.

(Thar be sum craaaaazy stuff between the Full Color and the Saikyo Jump Q&As today. Geeeeeeeze, yo. Some it's just "OK, sure, cool" and some of it's "Did we really need to know that?" and some of it's "That's not really saying anything" and some of it's all "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!?!?!?")
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu May 01, 2014 7:16 pm

Oh, geez. Why am I afraid it's going to be more things that are going to annoy me and make me wish Toriyama would just stop? :twisted:
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu May 01, 2014 10:04 pm

I don't want to be the guy asking for a specific time for it to be put up, because I know you all have very busy lives and you don't have to be doing this for us in the first place. When the staff get's all "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!?!?!?" about new information though,...it gets you a bit more than curious.

So I don't want specifics, but do you guys think we should be expecting these "soon"? Or do we have a couple of days to wait as a grace period to get all of them in order before they are posted together or whatever? I'd like to know how to manage my hype and if I should be distracting myself with other things instead of waiting. lol
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 01, 2014 10:06 pm

I don't know. Julian teaches. Jake saves the planet. I just make the skeleton pages for them. And Heath drinks beer and fixes the website so the rest of us can do what we're doing.

Ideally? Within the next 24 hours. Realistically? Within the next ten years.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Thu May 01, 2014 10:18 pm

I'm currently listening to old episodes of the podcast and it's so hilarious to hear the Daizex staff of 2006 ("Video game news? Again? Give us something good.") next to the Kanzenshuu staff of 2014 ("Give us a FREAKING BREAK here!"). If you guys only knew what was coming back then... :wink:

Hang in there, guys! You can do it! And thanks for the warning. Now we can all be mentally prepared for when Toriyama dishes out the crazy.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

redon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by redon » Fri May 02, 2014 3:56 am

Names of No. 17 and No. 18.

- No. 17: Lapis (ラピス).
- No. 18: Lazuli (ラズリ).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapis_lazuli

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri May 02, 2014 6:11 am

redon wrote:Names of No. 17 and No. 18.

- No. 17: Lapis (ラピス).
- No. 18: Lazuli (ラズリ).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapis_lazuli

W-what...?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

garnetjester
Beyond Newbie

Post by garnetjester » Fri May 02, 2014 6:29 am

Bahahahaha that's awesome. I mean, it's so silly and they are serious characters so it makes that tidbit all the more interesting.
"Giving up is something we can do anytime, so let's head on, even if it's just a little bit!"

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri May 02, 2014 8:09 am

Wow, I love those name. They are similar to each other, just like they are physically, but each of them has its own spin as well.
I mean, Lazuli (possibly written "Lazuly"?), is a name that sounds quite feminin (Emily, July, etc...) while "Lapis" is more snappy and goes well with the male C-17.

Unexpected, but very fitting name for the twins (or just brother and sister, cause I don't remember if it's ever actually mentionned that they are twins or if they are just "regular" brothers and sisters who are not the same exact age).

Toriyama keeps coming up with great stuff, adding logical and meaningful information for C-16, and now for C-17 and C-18.
Can't wait to know ever more!

But what kind of info can he give us for the Boo arc? Who is Videl's mother perhaps? Apart from that, I can't really think of something that had fans wondering for years...

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri May 02, 2014 8:21 am

No wonder she stuck with 18(assuming she remembers her real name).
Cold Skin wrote: But what kind of info can he give us for the Boo arc? Who is Videl's mother perhaps? Apart from that, I can't really think of something that had fans wondering for years...
The Boo arc has Babidi and co., fusion, the Demon Realm, the hierarchy of gods, and the ending for the series. If anything I think that it has more topics to talk about than any other arc.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri May 02, 2014 8:26 am

Artificial Human No. 17 is Lapis and Artificial Human No. 18 is Lazuli? I kinda like the names, except for No. 17's "Lapis" which in Portuguese translates to Pencil in English.

Maybe No. 18'll be called "Lazly" for the western side.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:27 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:Artificial Human No. 17 is Lapis and Artificial Human No. 18 is Lazuli? I kinda like the names, except for No. 17's "Lapis" which in Portuguese translates to Pencil in English.

Maybe No. 18'll be called "Lazly" for the western side.
Really missing those Terminator analogies where 17 was John and 18 was Sarah.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri May 02, 2014 8:55 am

I guess the original clothes make sense color-wise, then.
While Lapis' jeans are debatable, Lazuly's original outfit is very much "Lapis-Lazuli blue", it's hard not to make the connection when you know her real name and you see her with those clothes!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri May 02, 2014 3:41 pm

Looking forward for the rest new info now.

Also, with BoG causing problems with the 28th TB arc (Goku being too strong for Oob), and since Toriyama is placing Beerus & Super Saiyan God in every backstory he can these days, I hope Toriyama will explain how strong Oob & Goku really are in the Q&A of the final volume to solve this issue (and it hopefully won't create even more issues!).
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

supacomboy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by supacomboy » Sat May 03, 2014 7:02 pm

Cold Skin wrote:I guess the original clothes make sense color-wise, then.
While Lapis' jeans are debatable, Lazuly's original outfit is very much "Lapis-Lazuli blue", it's hard not to make the connection when you know her real name and you see her with those clothes!
I thought it was fitting giving their piercing blue eyes (granted, it is a different shade, not "Lapis Lazuli blue", but blue is blue, no?? WelI, I guess that is subjective on culture and language.......(e.g I know in some languages/cultures there is a clear distinction between light blue and dark blue shades of colour, but anyway I procrastinate, yeah I think it is quite an appropriate name anyway!)

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Sun May 04, 2014 9:55 am

#17 became a Park Ranger. So he and #16 both have the same job after Cell's defeat?!!

Thought not confirmed directly by Toriyama, what #16 became after Cell's defeated is shown in DBZ 2: Super Battle :

garnetjester
Beyond Newbie

Post by garnetjester » Sun May 04, 2014 10:21 am

I thought 16 was completely destroyed by Cell and there was no way to bring him back, since they tried to wish him back with Shenron and it was impossible.
"Giving up is something we can do anytime, so let's head on, even if it's just a little bit!"

redon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by redon » Wed May 14, 2014 3:53 am

Jump scan with Majin Bū Volume 01-02-03 covers.

redon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by redon » Fri May 16, 2014 8:27 am

Got my Dragon Ball Full Color Edition "Jinzōningen - Cell Arc" Volumes 04-05-06 today :mrgreen:

Here some pictures :wink:

Image Image Image Image Image

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Sat May 17, 2014 10:07 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned but Viz told me they only plan on releasing up too Saiyan Arc :(
I asked Viz about this a few days back and it is indeed true.

Then again, it's just as Rereboy and Mewzard said. They probably licensed only the Saiyan Arc to see how well it would do and then decide whether to continue or not based on how well the books sell.

Doesn't look like it's doing poorly, Amazon's having a hard time coping with the demand, so...

Still, kind of disappointing they didn't just license everything at once so we could have them faster. If they do keep going with the next arcs, we'll still have to wait for a bit.