"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The First PlayStation 4 Game Cometh

Post by Rukura » Sun May 18, 2014 2:21 pm

sintzu wrote:
Rukura wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and call this as not being a Spike game. The models don't look quite like Spike's, and the faces definitely don't
Maby they changed them
When they've been recycled to the point of being re-used in J-Stars Victory Vs? A bit of a stretch, at this point.
DarkPrince_92 wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:I hope this game BGM is future like or mystical. Just no morw mixed tracks
I'm hoping to Christ that it won't have recycled music from Raging Blast 1 and UT... I'm sick of it at this point. Miss Yamamoto...
Personally, I'm utterly sick of the bullshit of having Bandai Namco use "original Japanese voices and music" as a selling point, only to get yet another replaced soundtrack.
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:For what it's worth, I can only remember Spike Chunsoft's games being initially unveiled with working titles. Who could forget Dragon Ball Game Project Age 2011 or Project Versus J?
Huh. That's true. Though we always saw that they were clearly Spike's models, at the time, which isn't the case here. And they probably could've done the same "Project" thing if they hadn't made such a big dead about the reveal of Battle of Z.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

SSuperVegito

Post by SSuperVegito » Sun May 18, 2014 2:28 pm

Now for sure we know it won't be BOZ2 or artdink,in my opinion I think it would be Spike developing this.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun May 18, 2014 2:34 pm

Quebaz wrote:lol @ people thinking it's a DIMPS games. Those are clrealy Spike models. Heck, Vegeta looks exactly the same as he did in Ultimate Blast.
Those shots remind me of the cutscenes from Burst Limit because Spike models aren't exactly anywhere close to these designs, perhaps you could throw in Zenkai Battle Royale which has a better chance than BT/RB/UB but that's about it.

Spike models were either, too sharpened & rough (Tenkaichi 3), plasticky (Raging Blast 2), muddy (Ultimate Blast) or cartoony (Raging Blast 1).

P.S.: It's not cool to look down on people, Quebaz.
dariend777 wrote:I hope that is an actual game play screenshot. Otherwise, I'm overestimating the Ps4's graphical capabilities.
Between the 6th gen (PS2) and 7th gen (PS3) it was when the graphical difference was pretty big but now things have come to the point that it's just better, not a huge improvement any more because that was done during the seventh gen. You're expecting too much graphical difference and you may end up disappointed. :P
TheGmGoken wrote:I hope this game BGM is future like or mystical. Just no morw mixed tracks
Namco Bandai proved to be cheapskate for the soundtrack department in Battle of Z so it's a possibility there'll be here Tenkaichi 2, Tenkaichi 3, Raging Blast 1, Ultimate Blast and Tenkaichi Tag Team BGMs again.

The only reason why Tenkaichi 1 isn't included is because the soundtrack was made of recycled tunes from the Budokai games by Kenji Yamamoto. Oh, at least in the music Tenkaichi 1 didn't suck.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun May 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Quebaz wrote:lol @ people thinking it's a DIMPS games. Those are clrealy Spike models. Heck, Vegeta looks exactly the same as he did in Ultimate Blast.
I've got all of the promo renders from all of the games since B1 right here and I can't "clrealy"* tell anything. There doesn't seem to be a general "theme" for each company's renders and if they didn't have labels, I wouldn't be able to tell which ones belonged to which.

*Yeah, I did do that part 'cause I'm a smartass, but seriously, I have no idea how it's supposed to be "clear" if there's no obvious distinction.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun May 18, 2014 3:20 pm

The S wrote:
I've got all of the promo renders from all of the games since B1 right here and I can't "clrealy"* tell anything. There doesn't seem to be a general "theme" for each company's renders and if they didn't have labels, I wouldn't be able to tell which ones belonged to which.

*Yeah, I did do that part 'cause I'm a smartass, but seriously, I have no idea how it's supposed to be "clear" if there's no obvious distinction.
Me and my wording xD. Spike models from PS360 have this atribute where they look really blocky and round at the same time. Goku is a primary example because of his hair in those games looks really different from any other game. It has all these little hairs coming from it with the white-ish outlines that it's easy to spot. The way the clothes are made are very similar as well. In Burst Limit his outshirt had a simple V-shape outline whereas in RB1/2 it was kinda rounded. The in-game pic against Vegeta looks the same as their RB1/2 counterparts.
I may be wrong, which in that case I would seem to be even a bigger smartass than you (xD), but those are just my two cents.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Colonel Silver
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Colonel Silver » Sun May 18, 2014 3:23 pm

Wouldn't it just be safe to assume that this is a BoZ sequel? I mean, there's three people in the arena and the models seem very similar.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:28 pm

Colonel Silver wrote:Wouldn't it just be safe to assume that this is a BoZ sequel? I mean, there's three people in the arena and the models seem very similar.
How would that be possible if Treevax said that he knew they were working on this game since at least October 2013?
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun May 18, 2014 3:36 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote:How would that be possible if Treevax said that he knew they were working on this game since at least October 2013?
Take what Treevax said with a grain of salt. Remember that time he said Battle of Z would have Kikuchi's score? Never happened for us in the west, as usual.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:37 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
budokaifanatic007 wrote:How would that be possible if Treevax said that he knew they were working on this game since at least October 2013?
Take what Treevax said with a grain of salt. Remember that time he said Battle of Z would have Kikuchi's score? Never happened for us in the west, as usual.
I guess....but remember he is the closest any "Regular" fan gets to NB.
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sun May 18, 2014 3:40 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote:
Colonel Silver wrote:Wouldn't it just be safe to assume that this is a BoZ sequel? I mean, there's three people in the arena and the models seem very similar.
How would that be possible if Treevax said that he knew they were working on this game since at least October 2013?
It's all up in the air at the moment. If this were to be some kind of sequel to Battle of Z, that statement isn't necessarily false (, since it would be built upon the same engine and assets)

There's also the possibility that he knows exacly as much as the rest of us and is just trying to make it seem like he knows a little more. After all, he always knows that "they" have been working on "this new game" since *insert date* but can only say so when it's revealed. I understand embargos, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun May 18, 2014 3:42 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:
I guess....but remember he is the closest any "Regular" fan gets to NB.
But then again, that also means a reason for this not to be Spike, weren't they working on J-Stars Victory VS at that time?
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Lol....Maybe its DIMPS? Jk. But in all seriousness if its not spike then i don't know who else :?:

Colonel Silver
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Colonel Silver » Sun May 18, 2014 3:46 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote:Lol....Maybe its DIMPS? Jk. But in all seriousness if its not spike then i don't know who else :?:
...Artdink?

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:48 pm

Colonel Silver wrote:
budokaifanatic007 wrote:Lol....Maybe its DIMPS? Jk. But in all seriousness if its not spike then i don't know who else :?:
...Artdink?
:? I really really hope not.

chaospunishment
Beyond Newbie

Post by chaospunishment » Sun May 18, 2014 3:50 pm

But then again, that also means a reason for this not to be Spike, weren't they working on J-Stars Victory VS at that time?
Some companies start development of other games near the end of the development of another. Probably not Spike but it's still possible

Judging by the stage barriers on Zenkai and J-Stars it's most likely Spike doing Zenkai too.

...Artdink?
If it was Artdink there would most likely be a black line separating the shading. Goku would also look horrendous

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Sun May 18, 2014 3:51 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
He can get info wrong, but he isn't a liar. It'd take a fairly odd situation for him to confuse this. I'm pretty sure he thought BoZ was getting Kikuchi in the west because they showed a demonstration at the Japan expo with Kikuchi music.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm sticking with the Developer being Dimps.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun May 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote: Project Versus J?
That was from spike ? are you sure ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun May 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Other devs who worked on Dragon Ball games:

Game Republic (Dragon Ball: DS, Dragon Ball: DS2, Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butouden)
Monolith Soft (Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans)
Crafts & Meister (Super Dragon Ball Z)
Media Vision (Dragon Ball: Revenge of Piccolo Daimao)
BEC (Dragon Ball Z: Goku Densetsu)

But judging by those screens it doesn't look like it'd be a game developed by any of these, then again, I'd hope to be wrong. I would like to see another Dragon Ball game by Game Republic.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:57 pm

^ I see, thanks for the info.
on a side note here is a comment from Treevax regarding him holding info:

"Believe me: it's harder to know and not being able to say it, especially when people ask you. You can't even participate when there is a conversation about this topic, as you would need to lie and pretend you don't know."