Ocean Dub Music

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:25 pm

Bridge didn't actually dub the movies. Bridge is only a publisher.
I think I'll make a new thread to put an end to false information. ^^

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:40 pm

I agree with Bejiita, people are perhaps a little too quick to judge Ocean's music score based on a few clips. In the late Buu saga episodes when they started using music from Monster Rancher as well as original scores (not the original JPN score, but new music made for Ocean's DBZ that neither came from Monster Rancher or Megaman), I personally found that I enjoyed the combination of the Megaman music, MR music and the newly made music more enjoyable than the orignal JPN score (keep in mind this refers to thelate Buu saga episodes from roughly when Super Buu emerges and I'm not saying I don't like the JPN orginal).

However taking out the Monster Rancher and the new music, you're still left with the Army Tune (Don't ask me where that name came from, it was just refered to as such back in the day when there were UK-based DB forums/websites, and other places like ocean-db.net.) and it's one my DB related music scores ever, even if it did orignally come from Megaman (Although it did get criminally overused over the course of the series, key useswhere it kicked ass were Vegeta first SSJ tranformation, Goten and Trunks' fusion into Gotenks as SSJ's and Goku and Vegeta's fusion into Vegetto. It was also used about 700 times during the Piccolo Vs #17 fight, as I said, it did get overused).

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:20 pm

Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread by accident and for some reason I'm unable to delete it, please delete this VegettoEX or SaiyaJedi.

SSJ_Vejita

Post by SSJ_Vejita » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:13 am

However taking out the Monster Rancher and the new music, you're still left with the Army Tune (Don't ask me where that name came from, it was just refered to as such back in the day when there were UK-based DB forums/websites, and other places like ocean-db.net.) and it's one my DB related music scores ever, even if it did orignally come from Megaman (Although it did get criminally overused over the course of the series, key useswhere it kicked ass were Vegeta first SSJ tranformation, Goten and Trunks' fusion into Gotenks as SSJ's and Goku and Vegeta's fusion into Vegetto. It was also used about 700 times during the Piccolo Vs #17 fight, as I said, it did get overuse
As I recall, that tune was used almost every episode

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:27 pm

This is just people being picky just because the same music is used in another anime's dub that isn't as good.

To me, I don't know any different simply because I haven't seen the dub's of the anime that the BGM has been used in, I only watch DBZ, and used to watch Pokemon when I was younger, so any BGM heard in Ocean's dub that has been used from other dubs isn't reckognised by me because I haven't watched them, and maybe it's why I don't care and still don't mind the music.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

SSJ_Vejita

Post by SSJ_Vejita » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:00 am

It's not that. When I watched the Ocean dub I didn't even know that. The point is that it got so overused I was annoyed when the piece was used every episode. And it's not really a amazing tune in my opinion. It doesn't bring you into the moment. Shunsuke Kikuchi's music does.

The music from the Cell Games and the Boo Arc where okay though.