Villains Kill Too, You Know!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Villains Kill Too, You Know!

Post by Eclipse » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:24 pm

This is my third music video, Villains Kill Too, You Know!, and my first non-instrumental music video in quite a long while.

Now, granted, you'll want to know all about the video. So here we go =)

About the Video

Well, after I finished Overdrive Fighting, I was interested in making another Dragon Ball music video. After a bit of idea filtering, I found one in the inspiration of another music video. I found a music video on YouTube that used this song. Mostly it was a action video, not really much in the terms of plot, but I loved it. I loved the editing, I loved the idea, and I loved the fact that the song was such a hilarious melody, and yet fit in Dragon Ball too well. However, my only issue was that even though Dragon Ball Z WAS a anime about fighting, the good guys weren't exactly killers. Of course, they might kill a bad guy or two (Or in Vegeta's case, three hundred), but only if they had no choice.

The villains, of course, were the villains. They killed anyone they wanted to, and they didn't really care.

That was the driving idea behind my video. Mostly showcasing the cold-bloodeded nature of the bad guys of DBZ. It was a really simple idea, but when combined with Andrew WK's Ready to Die, it was pretty effective.

Now, of course, every so often I placed in clips of some of the good guys killing. My answer for this was that even the bad guys had bad guys. In the case, the good guys ;)

This video took ten days to finish. All in all, a far quicker task to do than my previous music video, and all the more fun. Made with the good ol Windows Movie Maker 2.0, this was a funfest from beginning to start.

So enjoy the video. Have fun. And thanks!

Click me

edit: 400th post! w00t!