Anyone else hoping for this?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Anyone else hoping for this?

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:47 pm

It probably sounds weird coming from me, but I am really hoping Budokai Tenkaichi 2/Sparking NEO is the last Ps2 DBZ game. I mean sheesh, I'm not sure if we're beyond overkill or if anymore games following NEO will make it that way. I already have 7 personally owned DBZ games for my console (one of those being Budokai 3 GH), so needless to say, it's been a crazy 4 years. Hell, I thought Budokai Tenkaichi/Sparking! was gonna be the last Ps2 game, and although I love Budokai 3 GH and Super DBZ just as much as that first Sparking!, I almost wish NEO could come to the Ps3. Hopefully, it'll be the last Ps2 DBZ game. Though I love the anime series just as much as any other gamer (figuratively speaking >>), I really do think the Ps2 game series will go overkill if there're anymore games after NEO.

But hey, that's just my opinion. Thoughts?
14 years later

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:19 pm

True, we already have way too much DBZ games for the PS2 already. I think somebody on the board back then had said the similar thing (was it you?). 7 games? That's certainly a lot of them for a system. Sure, we don't see other anime licensed games being distributed in that amount. (Okay, maybe the Gundam series is doing more overkilling than DBZ, but most of their game suck anyways.)

Yeah, this should be the last game for the PS2. XBox on the other hand, only has Sagas...poor X-Boxers.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:22 pm

I really do think the Ps2 game series will go overkill if there're anymore games after NEO.
Famicom had the most DB related games of all time with 8 games. When Budokai Tenkaichi 2 comes out for PS2, The PS2 will have 7 DB games, unless you count Budokai 3 Greatest Hits as a seperate game. Then its a tie. :wink:

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:33 pm

In another post, Li'l Lemmy decided to play God and wrote:Prediction #5: There will be at least one more DBZ fighting game for the PS2 in 2006, but we won't see anything DBZ-related for the PS3 until 2007.
Well, turns out I was right about PS2 squeezing out one more game . . . two if you count Super DBZ. Now let's see if the other half of my prediction comes to pass! (And we all pray it will.)

It's probably just cheaper right now to market games for PS2, especially with the shape Atari is in right now. With Tenkaichi NEO, they'll reach into the well this last time before forcing DBZ heads to get a PS3 and never look back.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:58 pm

Personally, I hope than when they move up to next-gen consoles, they continue making games for the Wii.

I really wasn't planning on buying a PS3, so hopefully Sparking! NEO wasn't the only DBZ Wii release.
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:31 pm

kvon wrote:True, we already have way too much DBZ games for the PS2 already. I think somebody on the board back then had said the similar thing (was it you?).
Possibly >.>;;
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:The PS2 will have 7 DB games, unless you count Budokai 3 Greatest Hits as a seperate game. Then its a tie. :wink:
Which I do. :P
14 years later

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:17 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
I really do think the Ps2 game series will go overkill if there're anymore games after NEO.
Famicom had the most DB related games of all time with 8 games. When Budokai Tenkaichi 2 comes out for PS2, The PS2 will have 7 DB games, unless you count Budokai 3 Greatest Hits as a seperate game. Then its a tie. :wink:
What about GBA? It has 9. :shock:

Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure
Dragon Ball Z Collectible Card Game
Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors
Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku
Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku II
Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury
Dragon Ball GT: Transformation
Dragon Ball GT: Transformation 2

11, if you wanna count the 2-pack games.

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:28 am

I don't care, more fun for me!! :D
http://dbz-man.deviantart.com/

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:37 pm

I think I know what Conan is trying to say. I think DB is in the brink of a 'meltdown' of sorts. These games are coming out with an average of 3 a year, that's more than most artists produce.

For me, when too many people like something, especially just to jump on the bandwagon (i.e. Dane Cook or NARUTO, OH MY GOD), whatever that product gets boring to me...

I think they reg. budokai series should end with three and they should have stopped with the first sparking. From what I see, the second one doesn't seem to have many significant changes, again from what I see so far.
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:16 pm

Heh. I was about to mention the GBA games prior to reading your post, Leotaku. But Transformation 2 isn't out yet... if ever.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:21 pm

Transformation 2? I didn't know they released that...
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Eh, for nearly 10 years now there easily have been three Star Wars games per year. You don't hear them complaining.

Either way, as long as they keep on making quality Dragonball games I'm not going to complain really. Now if they released three rubbish DBZ games per year I'd be upset. =D

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:21 pm

Here's a thought, how about more Dragon Ball games & not so much emphasis on Dragon Ball Z. Like most others, I generally don't mind if they keep making the games as long as they're quality Dragon Ball games.
Last edited by Sebastian (SB) on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Gouki*
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gouki* » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:42 pm

Pedro The Hutt wrote:Eh, for nearly 10 years now there easily have been three Star Wars games per year. You don't hear them complaining.
Yeah. I'll stop complaining when we get a damn New Jedi Order game.

The Super Famicom had more than 7. I'm sure of it. Three Butouden's. Super Saiya-jin Densetsu. Hyper Dimension. The Two Gokuden games. Wait... Nope. Seven. All in the space of four years. The Famicom had five in the space of three years, as well.

I'm sure the number seven holds some kind of relevance to the Dragon Ball world though (no matter how conincidental it is)...
... Maybe later.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:40 pm

Dominator wrote:Transformation 2? I didn't know they released that...
Well, they didn't. It's not out yet.
I don't actually own a GBA, so I haven't kept up with this game. But reading the post by The S, I get the feeling it's been delayed a lot, and may not come out. :\

OK. 8 games. Now it's a 3-way tie. :P

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:47 pm

Wait a minute...

What about battle stadium D.O.N, I know it's not 100% a DBZ game, but it's still DBZ on the PS2.

That brings PS2 up to 8 as well.
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:31 pm

_Jrinu_ wrote:Wait a minute...

What about battle stadium D.O.N, I know it's not 100% a DBZ game, but it's still DBZ on the PS2.

That brings PS2 up to 8 as well.
For one it'll most likely never be released anywhere outside Japan. While the DBZ characters and elements are present in the game, it's more just a Shonen smash-brothers game. It's just my opinion, but Budokai 3 GH is as much a different "DBZ" game as D.O.N. is.
14 years later

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:03 am

My Two Cents? I don't mind if they come out on the PS3(I would love to see Dragonball Graphics on them, much like the new game "Blue Dragon"*look it up!*) but I would like for them to be released on the PS2 as well, seeing as how some people can't afford 600 smackaroons for a console. :oops:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Kula
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kula » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:19 am

I also think we've had DBZ oberkill on the PS2. I just hope that if the PS3 gets a DBZ game, it takes full advantage of the consoles power.

BTW, does anyone know if DBZ: Sagas was released in the UK?

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:26 am

Kula wrote:BTW, does anyone know if DBZ: Sagas was released in the UK?
Not that I know of, Japan hasn't even released it yet, either. Which almost seems ironic considering it was the only game to be released on all 3 main game-consoles at once (Ps2, GameCube, and X-Box). Due to the extreme unpopularity and bad feelings the majority fans and gamers have to it, I doubt it ever will make a release outside of North America. Sorry, Kula.
14 years later