"Sparking! NEO" (PS2/Wii)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:09 am

majinrod153 wrote:Here's a new Japanese Trailer.

It has story mode footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCUZS0DiQvg
Now, THAT's a trailer. (Maybe you should put up the sign "Massive Spoiler". Not that I mind)

Extremely great find! :o
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:19 am

Not far from being the ultimate game, not far...

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:38 am

How could that possibly be a massive spoiler? >.>;; Almost everyone knows by now what happens when in DBZ, even if they haven't necessarily seen all of it.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:00 pm

NECPS wrote:This is bullshit, see they are counting transformation as separated
characters again. If you count like that Budokai 3 had 75 fighters,
without some extra.

I am not impressed with 120 fighters this way.
Wow. We're at the point where over 120 characters, even though they're counting different forms, still won't satisfy everyone. :P

It wasn't that long ago that DBZ games had MUCH smaller casts. Come on, be happy with what they did give us. Even without counting transformations, this game has an insanely large cast compared to pretty much any other game out there, fighting or not, DBZ or not. :)

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:42 pm

Oh yeah, ten years back (let's say... Ultimate Battle 22) we had all of 27 characters in a DBZ game. Even when NOT counting all the seperate forms, fusions, and different age reincarnations of all the characters (yup, counted Gohan as one character, Great Saiyaman included) you still have 56 seperate entities, which is just as much as Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Which by any standards is still an awful lot, right?

So I wonder what some people are complaining about. It's not like we've been given two characters with 50 different forms/costumes/ages/fusions each.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:09 pm

:shock: WOW.....JUST WOW.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:27 pm

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:35 pm

THAT WAS AMAZING. :shock:

Looks like they're actually going to have more accuracy to the scenes in the TV show/movies.

Did anyone else cream their pants at the Bardock scenes? (j/K) :lol:
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:39 pm

That trailer looked pretty sweet. Also, kinda stupid they showed the climax of the Z-portion in the game.
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:03 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM-73FeyszE

I know this video is old, but that's besides the point. Somebody of other forums had made a very interesting point about the music. Please listen the music at 4:17 for a while. After that, listen to the music of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCUZS0Di ... er&search= at 7:45 for a while. I don't know about you guys, but I think that these two pieces of music are VERY similar, if not the same identical piece. Why would the Japanese trailer use music from the American demo video? It seems that the music might be optional for the Japanese version too, under the option "New Music" and "Old/Anime Music". I'm just pulling ideas out of my ass right now but I think it's possible that the Japanese version would of the optional BGM change as well as the American version. Unless if Atari dive into the game and delete the option. Even if Atari busts in, I highly doubt we'll get the recycled Budokai music because the existence of new music is confirmed.
Last edited by kvon on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NECPS
Beyond Newbie

Post by NECPS » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:30 pm

Well I don't care about the number of game roster, I just think they really try everything to lie to the customer..

Since Bandai/Atari gave the game to Spike they are saying worst thing than a politician can say. With Sparking they said it would present 90 characters against 30 from Budokai 3, and that was a lie because they count transformation. We had to swallow that before for some reasons.. But now... it is a little too late to swallow anything but the most perfect result of six games running up on playstation 2.

Also..
It just kind of limit the game in certain ways, like there is a couple of Vegeta and you don't have a choise to use the one with Scouter to transform into Super Saiya-jin or Majin. "It doesn't happened in the show" people say, but then they are become most curious about "what if" modes the game could possibly present.

I doubt it will even reach the same numbers of Budokai 3 costumes on this game. Sorry for my english folks, I don't usually talk too much. But hey I am still a fan. And I am not too far from making my own version of a dragonball game for my own laughing satisfaction on holydays.

MysticGogeta
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MysticGogeta » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:42 pm

I saw those two trailers that were posted on YouTube and I was very impressed I am getting this game on November 7th. Does anyone know why the release date was pushed back from Oct. 31st to Nov. 7th in North America?

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:48 pm

MysticGogeta wrote:I saw those two trailers that were posted on YouTube and I was very impressed I am getting this game on November 7th. Does anyone know why the release date was pushed back from Oct. 31st to Nov. 7th in North America?
Mabey to be closer to the PS3's and Wii's launch dates?
­

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:40 pm

kvon wrote:It seems that the music might be optional for the Japanese version too, under the option "New Music" and "Old/Anime Music". I'm just pulling ideas out of my ass right now but I think it's possible that the Japanese version would of the optional BGM change as well as the American version. Unless if Atari dive into the game and delete the option. Even if Atari busts in, I highly doubt we'll get the recycled Budokai music because the existence of new music is confirmed.
Come to think of it, didn't Peking Duck in his last post say that there was the Amercian music along with the show's BGM on the demo disc he has?

I think this has given me hope and I'm not worried about the North American version of the game anymore.

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:01 pm

Slickmasterfunk wrote:Come to think of it, didn't Peking Duck in his last post say that there was the Amercian music along with the show's BGM on the demo disc he has?

I think this has given me hope and I'm not worried about the North American version of the game anymore.
My point exactly. I really don't care whether or not I'm going to get the original Japanese music with "Budokai Tenkaichi 2" as long as they use the music that's composed specifically for the game, not something that Mike discribed as "ewww".

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:51 pm

kvon wrote:
Slickmasterfunk wrote:Come to think of it, didn't Peking Duck in his last post say that there was the Amercian music along with the show's BGM on the demo disc he has?

My point exactly. I really don't care whether or not I'm going to get the original Japanese music with "Budokai Tenkaichi 2" as long as they use the music that's composed specifically for the game, not something that Mike discribed as "ewww".
My thoughts exactly.

Another thing I just thought of, do you think with the Tokyo Game Show going for the next couple of days, that we might get a little more info and confirrmation on any of this before the game comes out?

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:06 pm

Slickmasterfunk wrote:Another thing I just thought of, do you think with the Tokyo Game Show going for the next couple of days, that we might get a little more info and confirrmation on any of this before the game comes out?
It's very hard to tell due to the showings of Wii and PS3 hardware, along with tons of PS2 playable/demo games. I'm pretty sure that main game groups such as GameSpot or IGN (especially IGN) would rather dig for information of other games. But who knows? Somebody might video tape and capture quite a lot of new stuff from Sparking! NEO if they're playing with the improved version of the demo disc. Heads up! It's only two weeks until the release of the game in Japan, so there should be a lot more features for TGS-goers to drool over. :lol:

Edit- Uh-oh! Where the hell are Bulma, Umigame, or crybaby Gohan?

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:40 pm

Nice one, kvon. :lol:

The only thing to make this game complete...

LET'S FIGHTING LOVE!
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:16 pm

Simple, now Radditz is going to uproot Goku's favourite palmtree from the island and fly off with it. And it just happened to be Piccolo's fave tree too. So the two will team up and beat the evil Saiyajin!

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:33 pm

http://dbz-man.deviantart.com/