The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Kid Buu » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:01 pm

Kid Buu wrote:Kid Trunks Vs Future Trunks
Thoughts?
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:15 pm

Kid Buu wrote:
Thoughts?
Kid Trunks. He's not THAT much stronger, but he's decently stronger nonetheless, and neither have any skill.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:41 pm

Mercenary Tao VS 22nd WMAT Yamcha

21st WMAT Jackie Chun VS 22nd WMAT Krillin
Last edited by Angelus on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:47 pm

Angelus wrote:Mercenary Tao VS 23rd WMAT Yamcha

21st WMAT Jackie Chun VS 22nd WMAT Krillin
Tao gets slaughtered. He'd get slaughtered if this was 22nd Budokai Yamcha, too.

Mismatch, Krillin one-shots.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:22 pm

I meant 22nd Yamcha actually, yeah. Wait what? Chun's gaps can't be that huge, to get one-shotted. Could you explain why?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:35 pm

Angelus wrote:I meant 22nd Yamcha actually, yeah. Wait what? Chun's gaps can't be that huge, to get one-shotted. Could you explain why?
Roshi is roughly equal with Goku. Goku gets a bit stronger in the RRA arc. Goku gets absolutely curb-stomped by Tao. He grows much stronger on Karin's Lookout, and is now far above Tao, but not enough to tank or one-shot him. Right before this, he said he'd go seriously for once, implying he wasn't even at full power while beating up Goku earlier (or was just punching softer and moving slower than he usually could; either way, he'd be more dangerous). Yamcha and Krillin witness Goku's power against the Mummy, the devil guy, and Gohan. Then Goku does some more training in between the end of the RRA arc, and the 22nd Budokai. Despite all of this, Yamcha and Krillin are confident they can at least give him a good fight before seeing him thrash Chappa, and Roshi says that any three of Yamcha, Krillin, and Goku have a good chance after seeing some of their progress; again, before Goku thrashes Chappa. Even after Goku thrashes Chappa (who should be stronger than post-Karin Goku, going by Roshi's statements), Krillin thinks he at least has a chance.

Krillin [22nd Budokai] > Yamcha [22nd Budokai] > Goku [post-Karin training] > Tao Paipai > Tao Paipai [toying] > RRA arc Goku >= Jackie Chun [21st Budokai] >= Goku [21st Budokai]

Even Tao Paipai should be capable of one-shotting that version of Roshi, and Yamcha and Krillin should be able to smoke Tao Paipai by this point.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:43 pm

Hold on a minute... How could you estimate manga Chappa with post-Korin Goku level? Chappa?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:46 pm

Angelus wrote:Hold on a minute... How could you estimate manga Chappa with post-Korin Goku level? Chappa?
Roshi and Yamcha said that Goku should have a really tough time against him, knowing full well that Goku has been training, and having witnessed Goku's power against Baba's fighters. Goku defeating him so easily completely shocks and scares Yamcha, Roshi, and Krillin. Chappa should be beyond post-Karin Goku's level.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:38 pm

Buu-era Kid Trunks vs. Cell-era Future Trunks? If so, future Trunks stomps... And effortlessly so.

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Love me some Match-Ups!
  • Cooler (Fourth From (100%)) vs. Freeza (Fourth Form (50%))

Base Goku (Namek) vs. Piccolo (Trunks Saga)

Base Vegeta (Trunks Saga) vs. Base Future Gohan (2 Arms)

Super Saiyan Grade 3 Future Trunks (No speed reduction or Energy Strain) vs. Super Saiyan Goku (Cell Games (50%))
And now with a special Tag-Team Battle:
  • Super Saiyan Vegeta and (Healthy) Super Saiyan Goku (Android Saga) vs. Androids 17 and 18 (Trunks' Timeline)

IDreamtIWasABee
Beyond Newbie

Post by IDreamtIWasABee » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:06 pm

Kid Buu wrote:
Thoughts?
Future Trunks. No way your prepubescent self is going to be a match for your adult self, DBZ logic be damned.

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:13 pm

IDreamtIWasABee wrote: Future Trunks. No way your prepubescent self is going to be a match for your adult self, DBZ logic be damned.
But by that logic, Future Adult Gohan (Trunks' Timeline) > Kid Gohan (Cell Games) because one's much older than the other and has more experience fighting, which we know is WAAAAAAAY off :lol: . Differences such as age and maturity have no bearing on the amount of ki they can exert. They certainly help in fighting situations, but still play only a small role in the path to power. Gohan at age 5 blew completely out of the water what Goku could do at age 20. Heck, Gohan by age 11 was the strongest character in DBZ at that point in time. To throw away DBZ Logic in the In-Universe Discussion thread FOR DBZ seems counterproductive, as that's the only "logic" we really can use.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Omega Shenron vs Beerus (The one and only :wink: )

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Omega Shenron vs Beerus (The one and only :wink: )
Syn Shenron one-shots. Even max power Baby Vegeta one-shots. Multiple characters in GT are stated to be stronger than everyone from Z. This would include Beerus now, especially with Chozenshuu 4 putting BOG and GT in the same timeline.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:11 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Syn Shenron one-shots. Multiple characters in GT are stated to be stronger than everyone from Z. This would include Beerus now, especially with Chozenshuu 4 putting BOG and GT in the same timeline.
Heresy! :evil:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:40 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Syn Shenron one-shots. Even max power Baby Vegeta one-shots. Multiple characters in GT are stated to be stronger than everyone from Z. This would include Beerus now, especially with Chozenshuu 4 putting BOG and GT in the same timeline.
Who besides Baby Vegeta?

And, as I have mentioned before, Goku does that same statement that "I've never felt such a powerful ki" before against Janemba, only to effortlessly stomp him 5 seconds later. I don't see how that quote bears much relevance, especially since we know that Vegetto is on par with SSJ4 Goku.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
Who besides Baby Vegeta?

And, as I have mentioned before, Goku does that same statement that "I've never felt such a powerful ki" before against Janemba, only to effortlessly stomp him 5 seconds later. I don't see how that quote bears much relevance, especially since we know that Vegetto is on par with SSJ4 Goku.
The narrator called Syn Shenron the most powerful enemy Goku ever faced.

He would be comparing Baby to Beerus retroactively, not himself. No, we don't. We know that SOME form of Vegetto is MAYBE stronger than "a Super Saiyan 4". I just choose to interpret that as the difference between SS3 Vegetto and base Goku being slightly bigger than the difference between SS4 Goku and base Goku (assuming equal bases).
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:57 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: The narrator called Syn Shenron the most powerful enemy Goku ever faced.

He would be comparing Baby to Beerus retroactively, not himself. No, we don't. We know that SOME form of Vegetto is MAYBE stronger than "a Super Saiyan 4". I just choose to interpret that as the difference between SS3 Vegetto and base Goku being slightly bigger than the difference between SS4 Goku and base Goku (assuming equal bases).
The narrator is an out of universe figure commenting from an out of universe perspective. BoG had not been thought of yet, so of course the narrator would not be aware of it. I'm also fairly certain there is a quote somewhere referring to Super Saiyan God as the strongest incarnation of Goku, which, if we are linking BoG and GT like this, would include SSJ4, and, debatably, the fusions.

I'm fairly certain the quote in question referred to "Super Vegetto." Be that as it may, Beerus is worlds above Vegetto anyway, the same guy who was compared to a Super Saiyan 4, who was much stronger than Baby.

Also, please don't try to inform me as to what characters "actually meant" by their statements. There are numerous interpretations, and it's not particularly hard to come up with some just as valid, especially given the existence of a virtually identical quote made by the same people who made GT.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:03 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: The narrator called Syn Shenron the most powerful enemy Goku ever faced.

The narrator is an out of universe figure commenting from an out of universe perspective. BoG had not been thought of yet, so of course the narrator would not be aware of it. I'm also fairly certain there is a quote somewhere referring to Super Saiyan God as the strongest incarnation of Goku, which, if we are linking BoG and GT like this, would include SSJ4, and, debatably, the fusions.

I'm fairly certain the quote in question referred to "Super Vegetto." Be that as it may, Beerus is worlds above Vegetto anyway, the same guy who was compared to a Super Saiyan 4, who was much stronger than Baby.

Also, please don't try to inform me as to what characters "actually meant" by their statements. There are numerous interpretations, and it's not particularly hard to come up with some just as valid, especially given the existence of a virtually identical quote made by the same people who made GT.
If you can find that quote, then by all means, go ahead. Until then, the quote on Syn Shenron being stronger than every other enemy Goku fought from the omniscient narrator, plus Chozenshuu 4 linking BOG and GT, point to Syn > Beerus (the narrator calls the evil dragon "Goku's most powerful enemy" before he absorbs the balls and gets x10+ stronger). It's not concrete, but these GT characters actually have something going for them in the BOG vs GT argument, while Beerus has nothing.

The quote didn't specifically mention Super Vegetto. The comparison to "a Super Saiyan 4" is rather meaningless because it's so vague. As I said, I interpret that as the difference between SS3 Vegetto and base Goku being slightly larger than the difference between base Goku and SS4 Goku. Of course, base GT Goku is literally hundreds of times stronger than BOG base Goku.

You said that Goku's quote wouldn't matter because he didn't factor in himself when making these statements. I said it didn't matter because he still should have been factoring in Beerus.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

White Oni
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by White Oni » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Beerus doesn't exist in the GT universe...

Are we seriously trying to derive some sort of argument from the GT narrator that applies to BoG?

This is hilarious...

If the GT narrator had said "A fighter so strong had never existed." would that have meant that whoever he was talking about was stronger than superman?

That's the sort of logic you're going on here...