How powerful could an average human Potara Fusion ever be?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

How powerful could an average human Potara Fusion ever be?

Post by Angelus » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:21 am

I just wanted to see people's estimates on the power of Potara fusion if it were used on average humans.

Let's say, someone as average as that Farmer with a rifle/shotgun (but let's not actually arm him with the gun) or someone like Mr. Briefs or the World Tournament Announcer. Non-martial artist average joes, power-wise. Now if any of these average humans were to fuse with each other, how powerful could they become? Would they become so powerful as to be on par with Roshi or not so much and end up at around the power of Mr. Satan?

And let's use another example, what if we use martial artists such as Killa or Jewel or the Bruce Lee Impersonator or Cat Man, whoever. Fuse them together via Potara and what would your estimates be on how powerful they would end up? Bacterian's level?

Take "Rival boosts" and no rival boosts into consideration as well. I want to hear your thoughts. :think:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: How powerful could an average human Potara Fusion ever b

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:10 am

If we assume Potara's bp is A's bp x B's bp (like Goku x Vegeta), then an average human would be 5x5 = 25. I will call him C.

It depends on your perspective. C could go as far as someone like Nam, imo.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:12 pm

Angelus wrote: And let's use another example, what if we use martial artists such as Killa or Jewel or the Bruce Lee Impersonator or Cat Man, whoever.
These characters probably aren't much stronger than farmer with a shotgun in terms of power level, even though they are stronger in a regular muscles way. Given that "human level" stuff Roshi was on about, and the distinction Toriyama made from training muscles and going further with ki, I'd say it's even possible for Mr.Satan to have a power level lower than FWAS.

Even if we forget that, all relatively human characters with human like feats are fairly well capped below Goku's level of 10, anyway. So, if we start at 5, like Hugo Boss said; we get 25. If we go up to 10, then we get 100. So, the answer is that a human Portara is between 25 and 100, and towards the lower end.

What about Fusion though? Wasn't there something in a guidebook that stated Gotenks was several dozens of times what Goten and Trunks are together? If that's true (!?) then Fusion would actually be stronger than Portara at the low levels.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:24 pm

Potara isn't A x B.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:15 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Potara isn't A x B.
Goku and Vegeta fused via Portara is Goku x Vegeta, and that's all we've got to go on for estimating other Portara fusions.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:16 pm

Regarder wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Potara isn't A x B.
Goku and Vegeta fused via Portara is Goku x Vegeta, and that's all we've got to go on for estimating other Portara fusions.
1. No they didn't.

2. We also have Kibitoshin.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:45 pm

Whatever both fusees' power is when added together.

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:00 am

25 to 100, huh? Whoa... that's very close to Roshi's level. Potara is that insane..

No wonder some people replied "that Videl would get crushed" to my question Videl VS Suno/Snow + Pochawompa Potara Fusion.