DB Timeline update (with Battle of Gods and Revival of "F")

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

DB Timeline update (with Battle of Gods and Revival of "F")

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:13 am

In an update from the 2009 thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 3&p=309006

Since Battle of Gods came out, I would wonder abut the timeline placement using Dr. Slump's calendar system. Because of the film takes place in 778, that would mean 2013 (Bulma's "38th Birthday" seems to be a misconception, she is actually 45. The Jump Special took place in 776 = 2011).

In summary, it goes like this:
430 = 1665 - Kame-sennin is born
461 = 1696 - Piccolo Damiao sealed in an Evil Contaniment Wave
720 = 1955 - Tsufuru-jins and Saiyans went to war. (Birth of Akira Toriyama)
732 = 1967 - Prince Vegeta is born
733 = 1968 - Bulma, Yamcha and Tenshinhan are born
736 = 1971 - Kuririn and Mr. Satan are born.
737 = 1972 - Goku (Kakarot) and Broli are born. Freeza wipes out Saiyan homeworld.
739 = 1974 - Bilsu sleeps for 39 years
740 = 1975 - Puar is born
745 = 1980 - Arale is born (Dr. Slump debuts)
749 = 1984 - Goku meets Bulma (Dragon Ball debuts)
753 = 1988 - Goku kills Piccolo Daimao. Piccolo Jr. is born.
756 = 1991 - Piccolo Jr. debuts and battles Goku.
757 = 1992 - Gohan is born.
761 = 1996 - Raditz arrives on Earth (Dragon Ball Z debuts in US)
762 = 1997 - Nappa and Vegeta arrive on Earth, Freeza invades Namek (Christmas Eve)
764 = 1999 - Mirai Trunks appears and kills Freeza and his father King Cold (Dragon Ball Z debuts on CN-US)
767 = 2002 - Events of Jinzoningen and Cell Games. Gohan kills Cell. Goten is born.
770 = 2005 - Kuririn and Jinzoningen #18 are married.
771 = 2006 - Marron is born.
774 = 2009 - Gohan now 16. Majin Buu appears and the evil Buu is defeated. (Dragon Ball Kai debuts)
776 = 2011 - Tarble arrives on Earth (DB Kai ends with 97 episodes)
778 = 2013 - Bilsu and Weisu arrives on Earth and challenges Goku.
779 = 2014 - Pan is born (DBK returns)
780 = 2015 - Freeza revived by Sorbet and Tagoma. Bra is born.*
784 = 2019 - Goku meets Uub
789 = 2024 - Goku reverts back to a child. DBGT Begins.
790 = 2025 - Earth faced with threats. DBGT ends.
889 = 2124 - Goku Jr. faces off against Vegeta Jr.

Notes:
*Bra was born in 779 per Daizenshuu 7 and 780 as per DBGT Perfect Files.
Last edited by SilverPlaqueVII on Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: DB Timeline update (with Battle of Gods and Revival of "

Post by FlpShimizu » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:50 am

Nice job with the "Real World" dates. I like to think that GT is an alternate timeline where Pilaf and his gang did not wish to have their youth restored (as seen in Battle of Gods), and, for some reason, decided to get the Dragon Balls at the lookout years later.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:24 pm

^I view GT as a AU series as well. Depending how Revival of F ends then GT would be consider a alternate timeline if Freeza does not killed off. Not to mention Goku can go beyond SSj in GT when Toriyama mention that Goku probably won't go beyond SSj again.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:01 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:^I view GT as a AU series as well. Depending how Revival of F ends then GT would be consider a alternate timeline if Freeza does not killed off. Not to mention Goku can go beyond SSj in GT when Toriyama mention that Goku probably won't go beyond SSj again.
And not mention that Goku did not loose his God powers so SSJ4 Goku is ridiculously weak if he was on par with Super Vegetto and Super Vegetto is weaker than SSJ God Goku. I don't think Frieza being that weak in hell like he was gives any chance for GT to in the same continuity. And Goku's energy was sensible all the time in GT so he had not God power. I don't even think that Toriyama had decent memories about GT's story when he was thinking about BOG's story as it was mentioned that Toriyama only read the manga back then. It's safe to think that he will not struggle to keep things consistent with GT at the expense of of his own creativity.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:06 pm

I won't mind if GT gets the X-Men 3 treatment where they erase it from the timeline and make into alternate timeline.
She/Her

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:08 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I won't mind if GT gets the X-Men 3 treatment where they erase it from the timeline and make into alternate timeline.
I don't hate GT but Toriyama's new works are better in a sense that they are more funny and more unpredictable.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:50 pm

Glad I was born in the same year as Gohan. Unfortunately my daughter will not arrive in 2014. :(

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:00 pm

We have until another decade until the events of GT happens. It's cool that the battle of Goku and Piccolo happen on my birth year.
She/Her

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Isnt Bulma actually 45 in Battle of Gods?

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:51 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Isnt Bulma actually 45 in Battle of Gods?
Oops, My math seems to be incorrect yes. I'll fix it.

If that's the case, Bulma's date of birth is August 18, 1968.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:45 pm

I did this with real-world dates awhile back. They don't correspond with actual dates(May 7, 1985 was not a Thursday, etc.), but in regards to what we see in the series, this should be correct or very close.

Son Goku Training arc
September 1, Monday, 1984 - Goku meets Bulma
September 5, Friday, 1984 - Goku fights Oolong
September 6, Saturday, 1984 - Goku meets Yamcha
September 7, Sunday, 1984 - Goku beats Yamcha
September 9, Tuesday, 1984 - The rest of the Pilaf arc
September 10, Wednesday, 1984 - Roshi agrees to train Goku and Krillin
September 11-13, Thursday-Saturday, 1984 - Roshi, Krillin, and Lunch get food poisoning
September 14, Sunday, 1984 - Goku and Krillin begin 8-month training
April 6, Monday, 1985 - Goku and Krillin begin training with 40 kilo shells
May 6, Wednesday, 1985 - Goku, Krillin, and Roshi leave for the tournament
May 7, Thursday, 1985 - The 21st Tenkaichi Budokai. Jacky Chun beats Goku for the championship

Red Ribbon Army arc
May 8, Friday, 1985 - Goku destroys Muscle Tower
May 9, Saturday, 1985 - Goku asks Bulma to fix his Dragon Radar, and they plus Krillin take on General Blue. Ultimately, Arale from Penguin Village sends him flying. Blue is killed by Tao Pai Pai. Goku loses to Tao Pai Pai and begins climbing Karin Tower
May 10, Sunday, 1985 - Goku reaches the top of Karin Tower and begins his training of trying to steal the Super Holy Water
May 12, Tuesday, 1985 - Goku defeats Tao Pai Pai and the Red Ribbon Army. He then fights in Baba's tournament and meets Grandpa Gohan

Piccolo Daimao arc
May 7, Monday, 1988 - The 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai is held. Tenshinhan wins. Tambourine kills Krillin and defeats Goku
May 8, Tuesday, 1988 - Goku meets Yajirobe, they kill Cymbal and Tambourine. Goku loses to Piccolo Daimao. Piccolo Daimao attacks King Castle
May 9, Wednesday, 1988 - Goku defeats Piccolo Daimao. Piccolo Jr. is born. Goku goes to train with God
May 7, Thursday, 1991 - The 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai is held. Goku marries Chichi during their match. Goku defeats Piccolo Jr. and finally wins the championship

Saiyan arc
November 28, Saturday, 1996 - Raditz invades Earth. Goku dies. Vegeta and Nappa leave for Earth. Gohan begins survival training and becomes a Great Ape
November 29, Sunday, 1996 - The Z Fighters begin training for the Saiyans
May 29, Saturday, 1997 - Goku arrives at Kaio Planet and begins training. Gohan begins direct training under Piccolo
July 8, Thursday, 1997 - Goku catches Bubbles the Monkey
November 2, Tuesday, 1997 - Goku is wished back to life
November 3, Wednesday, 1997 - The Z Fighters take on the Saiyans and barely manage to survive. A robot spy harvest cells from the fighters to be used for Cell
November 4, Thursday, 1997 - Goku and co. are hospitalized

Freeza arc
November 7, Sunday, 1997 - Gohan and Krillin are released from the hospital
November 9, Tuesday, 1997 - God's spaceship is remodeled
November 14, Sunday, 1997 - Gohan, Krillin, and Bulma leave for Namek
November 21, Sunday, 1997 - Vegeta heals his injuries on Planet Freeza No. 79 and leaves for Namek
December 18, Saturday, 1997 - Everyone but Goku arrives on Namek. Battle for the Dragon Balls against Freeza's underlings ensues
December 19, Sunday, 1997 - Vegeta loses to Zarbon, who takes the wounded Vegeta back to Freeza's ship to receive treatment. The Ginyu Force leaves Planet No. 79 for Namek
December 20, Monday, 1997 - Vegeta makes a full recovery and kills Zarbon in their second fight. Krillin receives the 1-Star Ball from the Eldest Namek and has his hidden potential awakened. He goes to Bulma's capsule house and brings Gohan back with him to the Eldest Namek
December 22, Wednesday, 1997 - Goku trains in 100g, collapses, then takes a senzu
December 23, Thursday, 1997 - Goku completes his 100g training
December 24, Friday, 1997 - The rest of the Freeza arc commences up to the explosion of Planet Namek
December 25, Saturday, 1997 - Christmas Day. Lunch is still searching for Tenshinhan
May 3, Tuesday, 1998 - Krillin and Yamcha are wished back to life
September 10, Saturday, 1998 - Tenshinhan and Chaozu are wished back to life. The Namekians have spent the last few months on Earth, and begin migrating to New Namek

Cell arc
August 1999 - Trunks kills Freeza and King Cold. Goku arrives on Earth and is warned about the Androids. Vegeta begins training to become a Super Saiyan
May 12, Tuesday, 2002 - The Androids appear, and Goku succumbs to his heart disease. Cell appears later in the afternoon. Piccolo fuses with God to become whole again. Krillin and Future Trunks destroy the present timeline's Cell
May 15, Friday, 2002 - Goku receives medicine for his disease. Vegeta and Trunks enter the Spirit and Time Room
May 16, Saturday, 2002 - Cell reaches his second form, and then his perfect form. Goku and Gohan enter the Spirit and Time Room
May 17, Sunday, 2002 - Cell announces the Cell Games to the entire world. Piccolo enters the Spirit Time Room
May 18, Monday, 2002 - Vegeta once again enters the Spirit Time Room
May 19, Tuesday, 2002 - Dende becomes Earth's new God. Trunks enters the Spirit Time Room
May 20, Wednesday, 2002 - Trunks leaves the Spirit Time Room
May 26, Tuesday, 2002 - The Cell Games begin at exactly noon. Gohan defeats Cell
May 27, Wednesday, 2002 - A memorial service is held for Goku. Trunks returns to his future timeline

Majin Buu arc
March 28, Monday, 2009 - Gohan completes the first part of his enrollment process at Orange Star High School. The Golden Warrior is seen by the people of Satan City for the first time
April 7, Thursday, 2009 - Gohan enrolls as a sophomore at Orange Star High and meets Videl. Around 3 PM, Gohan visits Bulma, and at 5:12 PM receives completed transformation suits. Great Saiyaman appears in the city for the first time
April 8, Friday, 2009 - Videl discovers Great Saiyaman's true identity
April 9, Saturday, 2009 - Gohan teaches Videl how to fly.
April 10, Sunday, 2009 - Vegeta learns that Trunks can become a Super Saiyan. Videl cuts her hair short and continues training with Gohan
April 20, Wednesday, 2009 - Videl masters flying
May 7, Saturday, 2009 - The 25th Tenkaichi Budokai begins. Goku returns to Earth for one day. Majin Buu is revived and begins causing havoc. Vegeta dies. Goku uses all is energy using Super Saiyan 3 and must return to Heaven. Buu kills Babidi. Goku finds Gohan in the Kaioshin Realm. Buu builds his house
May 8, Sunday, 2009 - Majin Buu has destroyed 80% of the world's population. Old Kaioshin is released from the Z-Sword and begins training Gohan. Mr. Satan is sent to defeat Buu, but befriends him instead. Goten and Trunks perfect fusion and become Gotenks, but are still not strong enough to beat Buu
May 9, Monday, 2009 - The rest of the Buu arc commences up to Buu's defeat from the World's Genki Dama
September 7, Wednesday, 2009 - The Earth's memories of Majin Buu are erased by Shenlong
2011 - The Jump Super Anime Tour Special. Vegeta's brother Tarble arrives on Earth, running from Freeza's henchmen Abo and Kado
2013 - Battle of Gods. The God of Destruction, Beers, awakens from a slumber and decides Earth must be destroyed. He is challenged by Goku and the others
May 7, Thursday, 2019 - The 28th Tenkaichi Budokai begins. Goku leaves on a journey with Uub
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki