"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:07 pm

Zelvin wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:...You know what. Fuck it! You can have your Super Saiyan Devil Broly or whatever. I'll just act like it never happened.
Good. Now that that's settled, it's time to drag Kakkarot back to the office. The slacker.
OMG :lol: That picture is awesome. Who made it?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:16 pm

This game just keeps getting BETTER! More characters, more missions, more costumes, it's great!

I noticed a lot of hate about this but I'm excited regardless :)

Out of all the characters added, I'm looking to see GT Gohan, GT Goten, the movie villains (Garlic, Slug, Turles, 13, Cooler, Bojack and Janemba) plus normal SSJ Gogeta. That'd be a perfect roster for me. Anyone else like General Rildo and any what-if forms are just a bonus.

A part of me would like SSJ4 Broly, but a part of me is afraid how the Broly fanboys will react....

The Gohan

Post by The Gohan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:19 pm

I'm really torn on the DLC:

1. The missions are mainly thing that interest me. There seem to be quite a fair few as well.
2. Not a big fan of GT/Jaco. With all the Z characters in the game and my CaC, it's pretty good already for me.
3. Already have my favourite costumes from Z in the game.
4. Similarly, all my favourite moves are already in the game and I basically know what moves my character will have.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I would really like for PSN avatars to be added with Xenoverse. I doubt they're gonna do that though.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:26 pm

The Gohan wrote:I'm really torn on the DLC:

1. The missions are mainly thing that interest me. There seem to be quite a fair few as well.
2. Not a big fan of GT/Jaco. With all the Z characters in the game and my CaC, it's pretty good already for me.
4. Similarly, all my favourite moves are already in the game and I basically know what moves my character will have.

If the DLC doesn't interest you, then just don't buy it. You already seem very content with what the game has to offer so you don't have to feel obliged to buy the DLC packs or the Season pass.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:27 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: OMG :lol: That picture is awesome. Who made it?
I dunno who made it. But I found it in a place where you should never be looking for anything. It is a dark place. Full of NSFW.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:30 pm

Zelvin wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote: OMG :lol: That picture is awesome. Who made it?
I dunno who made it. But I found it in a place where you should never be looking for anything. It is a dark place. Full of NSFW.

...links?

The Gohan

Post by The Gohan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
The Gohan wrote:I'm really torn on the DLC:

If the DLC doesn't interest you, then just don't buy it. You already seem very content with what the game has to offer so you don't have to feel obliged to buy the DLC packs or the Season pass.
Yeah, that's the thing. I'm extremely happy with the current content. The amount of new missions we could be getting seems pretty impressive though. With not much else on the PS4 currently enticing me, I might be forced to take the plunge on the DLC.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:53 pm

One thing that bothers me, is the black hair. I wish it was just jet black like in Burst Limit, or with minimal highlights. Other than that, loving these character models. :D
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:01 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:One thing that bothers me, is the black hair. I wish it was just jet black like in Burst Limit, or with minimal highlights. Other than that, loving these character models. :D
God, Burst Limit looked amazing. Why did we never get a sequel? :(

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: God, Burst Limit looked amazing. Why did we never get a sequel? :(
A wild Capcom appeared.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:04 pm

Damn XV will have a ton of awesome content for it, I kinda feel bad missing out on it but buying a new console and the other costs are just a bit too much for one game alone.

Main game - $60/£40
Season Pass - $30/£25 (I guess)
PS4 - $400/£320
PS Plus - $60/£40 (full 12 months)

I could avoid the cost of buying the console and online subscription if I played on PC but I've always been a console gamer and even still $550/£425 is excessive for one game. I've got 360 and PS3 but don't want to play it on a last-gen console so I'll just wait towards October/November 2015 when PS4 should have more exclusives and interesting multiplatforms, and then, it'll make the purchase worth it.

Zelda Wii U and Xenoblade Chronicles X are the two games of 2015 that I want to play even more than Xenoverse so I'm willing to wait.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Quebaz wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: God, Burst Limit looked amazing. Why did we never get a sequel? :(
A wild Capcom appeared.
Capcom used Street Fighter. It was very effective.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:One thing that bothers me, is the black hair. I wish it was just jet black like in Burst Limit, or with minimal highlights. Other than that, loving these character models. :D
God, Burst Limit looked amazing. Why did we never get a sequel? :(
Cuz the Spike fanboys baaawwwed for Tenkaichi instead.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Xenoverse looks like it's shaping up to be a real recovery and step up for the dragon ball gaming world. The graphics don't look too bad either.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:51 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Cuz the Spike fanboys baaawwwed for Tenkaichi instead.
Yet RB sold worse, and it got a sequel. It was really that the Budokai team wasn't avaliable at the time (and still isn't), not sure why Bamco couldn't get the Saint Seiya team to make a DB game earlier tho.
Careless Saiyajin wrote:Xenoverse looks like it's shaping up to be a real recovery and step up for the dragon ball gaming world. The graphics don't look too bad either.
And it is a step up, for the first time after the PS2-Era, it seems like we're finally getting a "Complete" DBZ game for once instead of a side-show fighting game with no personality.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Quebaz wrote:it seems like we're finally getting a "Complete" DBZ game for once instead of a side-show fighting game with no personality.
Yep, the pretty much sums up the Tenkaichi/Raging Blast series

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:02 pm

Quebaz wrote:
Yet RB sold worse, and it got a sequel.
Of course, Atari left us when RB came. Bamco doesn't care about us as it apparently took Battle of Z failing in order for them to actually try.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:06 pm

Quebaz wrote: Yet RB sold worse, and it got a sequel. It was really that the Budokai team wasn't avaliable at the time (and still isn't), not sure why Bamco couldn't get the Saint Seiya team to make a DB game earlier tho.
BN wanted to milk the Spike cash cow dry before the arrival of the next gen consoles. Hence why Spike developed three Dragon Ball games back to back from 2009 to 2011. They damn near killed the licenses' credibility with their mediocrity, ambition and desperate attempts at trying to pander to the Tenkaichi fanboys.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:09 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Quebaz wrote:
Yet RB sold worse, and it got a sequel.
Of course, Atari left us when RB came. Bamco doesn't care about us as it apparently took Battle of Z failing in order for them to actually try.
Oh God, what a total dud BOZ was. I'm so glad it flopped.

kazamino
Not-So-Newbie

Post by kazamino » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:11 pm

Normally I don't care for the season passes for games, but I might do it for this...
In a world of approximately seven billion people, the irony is that wandering around... is the fastest way to get noticed