"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

American Pelican
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by American Pelican » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:41 am

BobZ wrote:I apologise if this has been asked and answered, but... is it just me or was the price for the pre order of Dragon Ball Xenoverse increased in the UK Store?

I could have sworn that it was 29.99 GBP the other day. I just decided to go and pre order it since it was a better price than the physical copy, but was slapped with a 39.99 GBP price tag instead. Am I going crazy? Was there a limited time deal with a special price?
Quite possibly. I'm positive I saw the PS3 version go from $49.95 AUD to $89.95 overnight too.
Beat it! And take your planet with you!

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:54 am

American Pelican wrote:
BobZ wrote:I apologise if this has been asked and answered, but... is it just me or was the price for the pre order of Dragon Ball Xenoverse increased in the UK Store?

I could have sworn that it was 29.99 GBP the other day. I just decided to go and pre order it since it was a better price than the physical copy, but was slapped with a 39.99 GBP price tag instead. Am I going crazy? Was there a limited time deal with a special price?
Quite possibly. I'm positive I saw the PS3 version go from $49.95 AUD to $89.95 overnight too.
Dang it. Oh well, physical copy it is for me then. Thanks for the prompt reply!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:01 am

Do we know yet how Ultimate Gohan works in this game?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

P5BLDV
Not-So-Newbie

Post by P5BLDV » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:03 am

Saiga wrote:Do we know yet how Ultimate Gohan works in this game?
It's the equivalent to Goku's SSJ3 basically. Highest drain with the highest attack boost and it's mapped to his standard orange gi outfit(though he has SSJ2 in orange gi as well).

When it runs out, your stamina is greyed but it won't matter as Gohan is so strong naturally, the opponent will likely be either dead or close by that time.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:12 am

P5BLDV wrote:
It's the equivalent to Goku's SSJ3 basically. Highest drain with the highest attack boost and it's mapped to his standard orange gi outfit(though he has SSJ2 in orange gi as well).

When it runs out, your stamina is greyed but it won't matter as Gohan is so strong naturally, the opponent will likely be either dead or close by that time.
Ah, so it's a temporary form? That's really silly.

Also, in the icons, it clearly had Ultimate Gohan in his blue gi. Is that at all possible in game?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:18 am

Saiga wrote:Also, in the icons, it clearly had Ultimate Gohan in his blue gi. Is that at all possible in game?
Not without a costume update via DLC? There is only one blue dogi for him, and it has a Super Saiyan form equipped.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

P5BLDV
Not-So-Newbie

Post by P5BLDV » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:26 am

Saiga wrote:
P5BLDV wrote:

Ah, so it's a temporary form? That's really silly.

Also, in the icons, it clearly had Ultimate Gohan in his blue gi. Is that at all possible in game?
That's how it worked for Dimps' games since Budokai 2 bro and if you're fighting against him and get hit, you'll see why it being temporary is a good thing.

Oh and - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo0-r6Zqql0

GogesusSSG
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GogesusSSG » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:46 am

http://www.twitch.tv/no0biez The guy streaming the game with English voices and text is back, let's see how long he lasts this time.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:17 am

Watching that character/outfit video now, and it's kind of disappointing how many of Goku's alternate outfits are just different takes on his orange gi, even two or three different variants of his battle-damaged version of that outfit. :/ That said though, I do really like that he and Ginyu both get each other's bodies as alternate outfits. I never thought we'd see a game handle that like this, and that's probably the best way they ever could actually.

Wait, wait, so Krillin doesn't even get his Boo arc outfit or his hair?! Oh c'mon now! :crazy:

That's neat though - one of Appule's alternate colors is that one other alien that looked just like him. Er...the poor schmuck who came upon the village Vegeta destroyed and came back to tell Freeza about how he killed the only surviving Namekian witness there.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:23 am

Not sure if this has been pointed out yet...
One of Yamcha's skills is called "pretend to be dead" (しんだふり)
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:36 am

FatNagger69 wrote:Not sure if this has been pointed out yet...
Pretend? :lol:
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:45 am

It seems interchangeable with the dog trick, so it'll probably be localized as "play dead".
Haha... Guess that's my new phrase of the day.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

Friggin_Krillin

Post by Friggin_Krillin » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:57 am

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:04 am

Friggin_Krillin wrote:
This makes me sad for yamcha because he is not that bad. He was doing great against the saibamen, so great that he got arrogant or cocky and stopped paying attention.

Friggin_Krillin

Post by Friggin_Krillin » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:10 am

That may be a Response to his Joke Dilemma ^^

GogesusSSG
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GogesusSSG » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:32 am

The guy streaming the english version I posted earlier has finished streaming. This guy is now streaming an english version now http://www.twitch.tv/deadlyvenom4u.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:00 pm

GogesusSSG wrote:The guy streaming the english version I posted earlier has finished streaming. This guy is now streaming an english version now http://www.twitch.tv/deadlyvenom4u.
Very cool, there seems to be a little more free roam then I previously realized.

Sigh-Ya-Jin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sigh-Ya-Jin » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:22 pm

Zelvin wrote:
Sigh-Ya-Jin wrote: Building a couple badass characters and kicking ass in the tenkaichi budokai!
Making my dream characters.
1.Okura(Okra) Less than imitating Cunning Saiyajin King of New Vegeta
2. Paseri(Parsley) Okura and Bullas daughter, Saiyajin Princess of New Vegeta
3. Majin Gomu (Gum) Tiny Majin of Mischief
4. Gureshaa(Glacier) of the Cold Race
Should keep names secret so no one steals them. :P
Not that I would. I got better ones. :wink:
But am using my forum name of Zelvin. So there's no hiding it for me.

Name: Zelvin (Zero Kelvin)
Race: Arcosian (Freeza Clan)
Personality: Cool, intelligent, abides by personal code.
Occupation: Galactic Hunter (aka Bounty Hunter), member of G.H.O. (Galactuc Hunters Organization); a group formed to capture criminals across the galaxy that're beyond the scope of the Galactic Patrolman, whether it be the Law or ability. GHO was formed to do what the GP couldn't and functions in areas of space outside their jurisdiction. Members of GHO are often employed by the counsel of the Galactic King or GP by bounty postings, as well as by AFCW (Alliance of Free Civilized Worlds), which was created after the original death of the space tyrant Freeza and his father King Cold, leading to numerous star systems breaking away to acquire their independence.
Power Level/Battle Power: Indeterminate at this time.

DBZ names are literally just japanese puns on fruits, vegetables, refrigerators or undergarments...if it's hard to make up their own the mind of them must be extra shallow.
*Anata no bōru no Buruma o ushinatte shimatta!*
(You've lost your balls Bulma!)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:24 pm

Does the game allow you to play with your created character locally?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:28 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Does the game allow you to play with your created character locally?
I don't see a reason why not, so i think it is likely possible.