"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:32 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Who is voicing Cell in Japanese? Is it really Wakamoto? Whoever it is sounds soooo booooored.
It's Wakamoto.
Damn...he honestly sounds bad to me here. Like he just phoned his entire performance in. Exact opposite of Dameon Clarke in this game.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:21 am

I posted the exact same message in this thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 11&t=29384 but I'm posting it again to be sure someone answers my question this time.

By the way, now I'm in doubt if I actually did get the code... (since I didn't try it fearing it'd be used on the wrong account)

The customer service at Gamestop said that with this I'd get it:

However, another member here says it's not the code for the DLC! Could anyone else post a picture of what your dlc-code paper looks like? (Of course censor the code itself).

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:26 am

Got the game yesterday, and i noticed something, i equipped Raditz Armour and my playstyle changed, so is it true that with specific clothes, your fightstyle changes?
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:34 am

Anyone understand how armor works?

I have the default namekian top, other armors show Blue up arrows or red down arrows but it doesn't say by how much.
Assasins Creed for example would say its +2 speed but minus -1 combo, so you would know equipping this other thing was a net gain or 1.
This game doesn't seem to have that?

Can you not charge up KI like tenkaichi?
Can you switch to blocking mid combo, I can't seem to.
Can you angle your block breaker smashes like tenkaichi?

Should I do all the time missions first or alternate the two kinds of offline missions?

At the moment I feel like I'm not very good but it's still incredibly easy, does the difficulty ramp up?

Thanks
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:59 am

TobyS wrote:Anyone understand how armor works?

I have the default namekian top, other armors show Blue up arrows or red down arrows but it doesn't say by how much.
Assasins Creed for example would say its +2 speed but minus -1 combo, so you would know equipping this other thing was a net gain or 1.
This game doesn't seem to have that?

Can you not charge up KI like tenkaichi?
Can you switch to blocking mid combo, I can't seem to.
Can you angle your block breaker smashes like tenkaichi?

Should I do all the time missions first or alternate the two kinds of offline missions?

At the moment I feel like I'm not very good but it's still incredibly easy, does the difficulty ramp up?

Thanks
I'm just going to answer with what I know. You have to count by arrows. Plus 1 arrow or minus 2 arrows ect. charging ki is a skill I bought at the shop. I think so about the blocking but I'm really not sure. You want to get through as many time patrols as you can and if you run into difficulties then you use online/offline parralell quests to level up and every time you level up (which doesn't happen every time you beat a quest) 3 points are awarded for you to put on your characters stats in customize boost attributes. I tried my hardest to answer most of your questions with as much as I know.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:43 am

sangofe wrote:I posted the exact same message in this thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 11&t=29384 but I'm posting it again to be sure someone answers my question this time.

By the way, now I'm in doubt if I actually did get the code... (since I didn't try it fearing it'd be used on the wrong account)

The customer service at Gamestop said that with this I'd get it:

*insert photo here*

However, another member here says it's not the code for the DLC! Could anyone else post a picture of what your dlc-code paper looks like? (Of course censor the code itself).
This is definitely not the DLC code, unfortunately. With this you can register your game on Namco Bandai's website to get some stupid points, which you can spend on stupid and mostly useless stuff.

I got screwed with the DLC as well. I pre-ordered the game and it said I'd get the D1 edition, but instead I got the regular one. The retailer I got it from told me that there was a mix-up with the deliveries and now there is nothing they could do... so no Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta for me, which was the reason I pre-ordered in the first place, but oh well.

At least the game is a ton of fun, even though it lags on the PS3. :(

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:18 am

Has anyone figured out what exactly the conditions are to make the Time Patroller appear on PQ15? I'm having issues gathering Dragon Balls, but half that problem is even getting the Patrolman to show up. I can beat it in under a minute, take no damage, with a high rank and end up just clearing it, but I can also end up half dead, almost 3 minutes in and have the guy come flying in after Freeza's defeat. So, what gives? Any ideas?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Infernus Animositas

Post by Infernus Animositas » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:19 am

Updated my previous music rip to use the PC version's files which have higher quality music. However, the network test beta music files were removed so I just copied them over from my first rip.

EDIT: I missed a track before. This is a new release.

VBR-0 MP3
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

EDIT: Password is Sparking! Future
Last edited by Infernus Animositas on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:25 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Has anyone figured out what exactly the conditions are to make the Time Patroller appear on PQ15? I'm having issues gathering Dragon Balls, but half that problem is even getting the Patrolman to show up. I can beat it in under a minute, take no damage, with a high rank and end up just clearing it, but I can also end up half dead, almost 3 minutes in and have the guy come flying in after Freeza's defeat. So, what gives? Any ideas?
Isn't 15 where you fight the Ginyu force around West City? If not, try said mission. A Time Patroller has a chance of showing up and it's right in the starting area away from any of the fights. Going from my experience, you got a 60-65% chance of him showing up. Whether or not they drop a ball is up to RNG but you get Mr. Satan badges in it's place.

Other missions that include Patrollers are Burst Open and Mix (beat Oozaru Vegeta in 10 minutes) and Explosion of Namek (beat Freeza in 3 minutes) Do said requirements and there's a chance a Patroller will show up and give you a shot at a Dragonball.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:34 am

PQ15 is Explosion of Namek, and the chance of a Patroller showing up must be spiteful RNG as well. Because I always beat it within the timelimit, but almost never get said Patrolman.

Will try the Ginyu one and just keep resetting the mission if they aren't there...

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:42 am

Infernus Animositas wrote:Updated my previous music rip to use the PC version's files which have higher quality music. However, the network test beta music files were removed so I just copied them over from my first rip.

VBR-0 MP3
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
You're awesome for doing this! I was just thinking how much I liked the soundtrack of the game! But what's the password, please? :P

Edit: Found it out in your previous posts. :D Thank you so much!
Last edited by BobZ on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:52 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:PQ15 is Explosion of Namek, and the chance of a Patroller showing up must be spiteful RNG as well. Because I always beat it within the timelimit, but almost never get said Patrolman.

Will try the Ginyu one and just keep resetting the mission if they aren't there...
Pretty much the go-to ball farming method. The mission shows up again albeit at a higher rank but I'm not sure if that equals a higher appear/drop rate of the patroller and the ball. Oozaru Vegeta is piss easy if you grab him AFTER taking down his guard gauge instead of grabbing him to lower it. You end up one shotting him entirely.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:00 am

The only benefit to PQ15 for hunting is that since you had to kill Freeza to find out if the patroller was going to show up, I was farming a lot of exp,as well. oh well, this is less tedious. Already got Si Xing Qui.

Gorrilian

Post by Gorrilian » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:08 am

A few things:

* There should have been skills bound to the boost/step button and then another set of skills bound to guard.
* I'm not a programmer, but would it not have been a simple addition offer the choice of the color of your ki and ki attacks.
* Rise to Action is nice, especially for human characters, but there should be more ways to sustain stamina and thus kaioken. Kaioken should allow you to use vanish more cheaply.
* You should have been able to equip the combos of legendary warriors you beat and get one from mentors.

I'd be willing to shell out cash for the second and third point.
That which is, is bound to be
That which is not, may never be
In this sense, no things are free
Wether they may or may not be

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:09 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The only benefit to PQ15 for hunting is that since you had to kill Freeza to find out if the patroller was going to show up, I was farming a lot of exp,as well. oh well, this is less tedious. Already got Si Xing Qui.
I'd join you if not for the online service being a ass. Had to sign out and play offline in order to even get into TokiToki

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:10 am

Is it just me or the Character Creation/Select Music sounds a LOT like something out of The Sims (which is kinda fitting for the character creation xD)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KubvUcXvLQ
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:58 am

I got all the shards, so now it's time for me to do the Bardock/Broly stuff!
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:PQ15 is Explosion of Namek, and the chance of a Patroller showing up must be spiteful RNG as well. Because I always beat it within the timelimit, but almost never get said Patrolman.

I'd say try the 'Prepare for Attack of the Saiyans' one if you want possibly quicker results. Kuririn, Tenshinhan, and Yamcha all go down easy, and you just turn and look to see if there's a Patrolman around. If not, just 'retry'. Then when you get the Patrolman (and assuming he drops a 'key item'), just go through the gate, beat down Gohan and Piccolo (and Goku sometimes) easily enough as well, and wha-lah!

Unfortunately the rate of the Patroller showing up is about what it is elsewhere, but at least the fights go by quick enough that it's easy to save time that way at least.

Anyway, did anyone else see this from the Multiverse thread?
rereboy wrote:So... apparently the term Frost Demons as Freeza's species is in DB Xenoverse:

Can't say I'm super fond they went that route (especially since I'm biased towards the term 'Icer', out of all the suggested race names I've seen for them before), but...that's a thing, I suppose.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:34 am

I doubt the "Frost Demon" thing is in the original Japanese version. It's probably just another nod to the fanbase, same as Taka's "Ghost Nappa" voice.

Anyway, I'm having significant trouble progressing through the story as a Freeza Clansmen. Really feeling the sting of not having the ability to Super Saiyan spam in certain dire situations, like me versus more than one character. The Mini-Buu thing is a particular pain in the arse that I can't seem to pass. Do I actually have to fight the Buus while waiting for Trunks to talk to them, or can I just run away like a coward? xD

Anyway, the Dragon Ball hunting stuff was being done to kill two birds with one stone: search for the orbs and level up my character. The ginyu method has been a real wonder though. Already at 6 orbs just since i bitched earlier. Though "Jonny" the Majin doesn't want to give up the seventh...

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Better than "Freeza Race", at least.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:14 pm

It'd be great if someone with a Freeza Clansman could spot-check the Japanese audio of that to see what it says. Not gonna lie, Frost Demon doesn't sound that bad to me.
Beats having to call them Freeza Clansmen, as much as I like Freeza.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0