"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:00 pm

Haseowolf wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
How are people getting these pictures? My TV won't let me do it. I get static lines that are only visible from the snap shots. It's really annoying.
Playing either on Steam (F12 on keyboard or Home Button + Right Trigger) or PS4 with the Share feature. No way to take in game screens with PS3 version. I've got zero clue what the Microsoft consoles can do when it comes to that kind of stuff.
Some of these pics though are not screen capped. They seem taken with a camera towards a TV. Mine won't let me do that. Is my camera bad or TV?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:01 pm

Depends, how old is the TV? Generally, the newer they are, the easier it is to take a picture without the screen being funky.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:06 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:I dont understand why isnt it possible to create atleast one dragon ball game that has traditional story line AND great graphics? I don't care about games that came out 15 years ago, I want an actual good dragon ball game and not bunch of repetitive fan fiction whack!
There has been games like that. The fact that you refuse to play them is your fault, not the fault of the fans developers.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:12 pm

Just beat final form Demigra...honestly I think it was harder fighting his standard when he's teamed up with Trunks.

Turns out I even got the ending where Goku doesn't turn up so I also got a shard :D
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:13 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Depends, how old is the TV? Generally, the newer they are, the easier it is to take a picture without the screen being funky.
I have a flat screen downstairs, but I have a box tv in my room. It's generally old, but not ancient per say.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:20 pm

Finished the story mode. :D

Unlocked Bardock and Broly. 8)

Just got Omega Shenlong, Super 17 and Vegito to go. :)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:30 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:Just beat final form Demigra...honestly I think it was harder fighting his standard when he's teamed up with Trunks.

Turns out I even got the ending where Goku doesn't turn up so I also got a shard :D
Goku only shows up if your getting your ass kicked and/or too much time passes.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:47 pm

I'm not going to be getting this game, so I was wondering if someone could answer a story question for me. Spoiled just to be careful.

Is there any indication
Thanks in advance.
Trunks & Goten forever

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:00 am

Did they just turn off servers completely? It seems to be a problem on both PC and PS4, been getting this screen since 6PM today.
And yes, I obviously have a internet connection.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:17 am

Thanos6 wrote:I'm not going to be getting this game, so I was wondering if someone could answer a story question for me. Spoiled just to be careful.

Is there any indication
Thanks in advance.
Some of this is "spoilers", but it's nothing super important to the game. If you don't talk to the characters between missions, you'll completely miss it.

It does seem to be a permanent thing. Talking to him after one of the missions, he explains how he ended up in his situation and that he will forever atone for his sins or something like that. Later, talking to the Time Kaioshin has her remarking how Trunks is too serious, even for a matter like this. So Trunks sticking around by the point in time the game occurs seems to be his choice. The rest of his dialogue in the game also supports the notion that he doesn't mind his job at all. He seems to enjoy leading the Time Patrol, bringing his mother's tech to the Toki Toki World for the Time Kaioshin to enjoy tinkering with, as well as helping to advance Toki Toki City.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:19 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Thanos6 wrote:I'm not going to be getting this game, so I was wondering if someone could answer a story question for me. Spoiled just to be careful.

Is there any indication
Thanks in advance.
Some of this is "spoilers", but it's nothing super important to the game. If you don't talk to the characters between missions, you'll completely miss it.

It does seem to be a permanent thing. Talking to him after one of the missions, he explains how he ended up in his situation and that he will forever atone for his sins or something like that. Later, talking to the Time Kaioshin has he remarking how Trunks is too serious, even for a matter like this. So Trunks sticking around by the point in time the game occurs seems to be his choice. The rest of his dialogue in the game also supports the notion that he doesn't mind his job at all. He seems to enjoy bringing his mother's tech to the Toki Toki World for the Time Kaioshin to enjoy tinkering with, as well as helping to advance Toki Toki City.
...Aaaand that just blew out of the water whatever tiny chance there was of me buying this game. Screw that. Boy needs to get to relax and take it easy.
Trunks & Goten forever

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:29 am

...I can't for the life of me even begin to understand why Trunks deciding he likes his job as a Time Patroller enough to keep it as a "career" matters enough to deny a game purchase? But to each their own.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:37 am

1) He's either my definitely favorite character or at least one OF my favorites.

2) One of my core preferences in fiction is that when you have a hero who has a sucky early life, then later they get to relax and take it easy and not have to fight anymore if they don't want to, like Gohan becoming a scholar/professor at the end-of-Z. Likewise, Mirai has earned his happy ending and doesn't need any more "work," especially not something tricked onto him that he might have to do for the rest of his life if not forever.

I was already disinclined toward this game because of the low number of chararacters. Add in those things mentioned above and it pushes me over the edge into definite "not buying" territory.
Trunks & Goten forever

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:40 am

This is gonna sound odd, or at least it does to me, coming from me since I'm very much in favor of stories in games being just as, or at least almost, as important as the gameplay...but yeah, that does seem to be a bit much. But at the end of the day, it is your money and your choice, so... *shrug*

That said though, to me the idea of Trunks sticking around doing this does kinda make sense IMO. I mean, other than his mother, there's presumably not a whole lot left to live for in his timeline, even with their re-building. And I'm sure the Supreme Kai of Time reimburses him somehow too, not with money or anything, but maybe she helps out in the fixing of his world somehow.

On that note however, there's a thought - okay, so the problem in the game is that there's getting to be too many alternate timelines. And we know that what few Trunks/Cell caused weren't really that big of a problem, technically speaking, but it would be bad to push things much further. You've gotta wonder then exactly how many alternate timelines there were prior to the Androids arc, and how many there's actually supposed to be.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:46 am

I'll freely admit it's weird. But like I said, I was already leaning towards not buying the game for other reasons, this is just the final straw.

Personally I have it in my head that if he stays in the bad timeline, he would just help his mother with the re-building, and try to find someone to settle down with among the survivors, while acting as Earth's defender if any other nasty thing from space attacks. Not nearly as bad a job as the Time Patrol, IMO, especially with an indefinite period of service attached to it.

(then there's my ideas on how to bring him back to the main timeline and re-integrate him with the rest of the cast without having him be out of character, but that's getting too fan-fictiony for this thread, I suspect, lol)
Trunks & Goten forever

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:01 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:On that note however, there's a thought - okay, so the problem in the game is that there's getting to be too many alternate timelines. And we know that what few Trunks/Cell caused weren't really that big of a problem, technically speaking, but it would be bad to push things much further. You've gotta wonder then exactly how many alternate timelines there were prior to the Androids arc, and how many there's actually supposed to be.
I'm going to guess that at least one instance happened prior to Trunks' so that they knew to make it illegal. Trunks mentions in the game though that after his trip into the past and the couple of timeline splits that caused, that some people between then and the game's present had gotten ahold of time machines and been causing a little bit of chaos. No real details are given though, so it's hard to estimate for this continuity.

Thanos6 wrote:I'll freely admit it's weird. But like I said, I was already leaning towards not buying the game for other reasons, this is just the final straw.

Personally I have it in my head that if he stays in the bad timeline, he would just help his mother with the re-building, and try to find someone to settle down with among the survivors, while acting as Earth's defender if any other nasty thing from space attacks. Not nearly as bad a job as the Time Patrol, IMO, especially with an indefinite period of service attached to it.

(then there's my ideas on how to bring him back to the main timeline and re-integrate him with the rest of the cast without having him be out of character, but that's getting too fan-fictiony for this thread, I suspect, lol)
He wasn't really tricked into it. He broke a universal law, which would usually have him banished from his home planet forever (as per Jaco). The Time Kaioshin let him do the Time Patrol thing instead, and so he can return home whenever he wants. The only trickery that came into play was with the Time Kaioshin telling him he almost destroyed the universe with his actions, which he did contribute to, but there wasn't actually any serious risk with the apparently small number of timeline splits at the time. Now the Time Patrol is just his job and he does feel responsible to keep doing it, but he also enjoys doing it. If anything, I'd say this is his happy ending. Part of his motivations in the Cell Arc was to make a timeline that didn't have to suffer the pain his did at the hands of the robits. Now, he gets to help prevent bad guys from ever ruining another timeline again.

I mean, if he were walking around sulking about missing his home and saying how there's nothing he can do about his situation, then sure, I'd feel bad for him. But he can apparently walk away at any time he wants, he's just decided that this is going to be his permanent role.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:05 am

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Trunks & Goten forever

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:05 am

Bad quality, but my character, Lyndis, named after my favorite Fire Emblem character, and the character I make for all my games with character creation.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:18 am

Well I collected all the shards and jumped into bardocks stage...I can see where people are coming from about its difficulty. Is there really no way to heal him? The All-Energy capsule says that it heals all allies but it don't seem to do jack for Bardock.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:21 am

Just Chillin like a Krillin :P 8)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!