"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:42 pm

I know some people have made guides on how stats work and such, but has anyone posted anything about how distributing stats work when you level? I figured I would share what I just learned with the rest of you, but I didn't want to repeat what is already known.
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Here are the 15 moves we get -
Oh Final Shine Attack how I'm going to abuse your power so much. >:D

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Dragon Ball Xenoverse (MOD) : DLC Story Walkthrough Part 3.

I always kept it a secret, but... Sergio's accent in English is funny as hell. I like it. :lol:

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:12 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Here are the 15 moves we get -

Super Spirit Bomb!

Yes. 8)

Also that Final Shine Attack. :D
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

SaiyajinGokuWarrior
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyajinGokuWarrior » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:18 pm

Kimiko has defeated Miira with....Chesseing with a ki blast......
Just chillin' with Goku and Vegeta, Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Goofy, and of course Donald Fuckin' Duck.

And swingin' this keyblade called Crystal Snow. Damn, even its own keyblade transformation beats out Krillin's speed. BTW, Blizzard Blades are Goku fast.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:20 pm

Excellent! Super Spirit Bomb is in. 8)
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:22 pm

The final Part of SergioM3 datamining of the GT story arc part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=369YUwZC9ZM
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:38 pm

I'll definitely be having Final Shine as one of my Ultimates, but I really wish it made the sound it did in the show when he charges it.

For those who are unaware of the gloriousness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8zy_Q-oUU4
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:48 pm

I figured that since I don't how many of you know this and I haven't found a guide about this (show me if I'm mistaken) I'd post info about both my character and what I learned about stat distribution. Note that this is going to be very long so bare with me (I'll spoil the pictures to make it not as long). If this post is inappropriate or too long please feel free to remove it. For now, let me introduce...
Yeah Sapha makes a return from DBO (which explains the halo lol). However, she's equipped with new skills and a new outfit. I'll show ya what she has for gear.
It looks stylish doesn't it? I think so, but I couldn't just stick these clothes on her and expect them to get her by. I had to make sure they worked with the stats I contributed. Speaking of which, the total stats that Sapha gains/loses from the gear and Z-Soul are...

HP: +8
Ki: +4
Basic Attack: -6
Strike Supers: -6
Ki Blast Supers: +2

Okay, so I told you the stats from the gear. Now I'll show the stats I distributed through leveling.
I'll explain the distribution of the points as well as how distributing these points work. As I learned, putting points into your stats isn't as simple as the game makes it look to be. You have to calculate how many points you put in a stat to get the results you're aiming for. An example would be Ki and Stamina. For those who don't know, every 25 points you put into ki and stamina equals one full bar added to your total amount (with the points I put into ki as well as gear bonuses/subtractions, I have 7 full bars of ki total). Now here's the thing. In order to boost your ki/stamina bar, you need to contribute 2 points into the stat (it possibly also applies to health, but I'm not entirely sure). As such, if you put 100 points into ki/stamina you would gain 4 bars total. Sounds easy right? Well as I learned through trial and error (and lots of Dragonballs) that isn't the case.

For starters, we need to look at how distributing points work. Obviously your stat goes up for every point. However, there's a hidden trick that is easy to miss when you're new to the game. After putting 3 points a stat the 4th point is what I call a "dummy point." The reason for this is because that point does nothing to your stat. That means every three points you put into your stat the fourth point isn't going to do jack. This can easily mess up your targeted goal for that stat. Let me show you the points I put into my stats again.
Let's use my ki as an example. As I told, I need 75 points to get 3 extra bars of ki. However, I also need to consider my gear into this equation. As I posted earlier, my gear gives me +4 points in ki. That means if I were to put 75 points in ki and add the points from my gear I have a total of 79 points in my ki, which would give me a fourth, incomplete bar (which, by the way, doesn't help you in any way). As such, I need to subtract 4 points from the amount I want in ki to get 75 points total. If that's the case, then why do I have 70 points invested into ki and not 71? The answer is simple: one of those points is a dummy point and thus doesn't add to the stat. With this in mind, I was able to put the right amount of points into my ki to get a full three extra bars. Oh, and how are you able to tell what point is a dummy point? Keep a close eye on your stat graph. Whenever you put a point into a stat the graph will go up for that stat. When you see your stat not increase when you put a point in you just used a dummy point. Also as a side note, your gear and Z-Souls do not have dummy points so you don't have to worry about that.

Now that I explained this I'll explain why I put the points into that particular stat. I'll post the pic one more time.
Health: Honestly, after I spent my points where I wanted I dumped the rest of my points into Health for some bulk. This plus the 8 points I get from my gear gives me a total of 20 points in health (after counting the dummy points, by which there are three). This total is also increased by Sapha's height (which, by the way, is 10% since her height is at 3). Despite this, Sapha still doesn't have a lot of health essentially making her a glass cannon.

Ki: As I explained earlier, the points invested in ki plus the bonus I get from gear gives Sapha a total of 7 bars of ki. I went with this amount because Sapha fights with ki blasts, which use up a lot of ki. She also has Super Saiyan as one of her Ultimates which eats up a lot of ki. Another reason is that even with one bar of ki available she will still have a super attack available so going with an odd number doesn't hurt unlike the next stat.

Stamina: One thing I learned during my research is how important Stamina is in PvP due to constantly having to use Vanish and Evasive Skills. However, I felt that six bars of stamina was the best amount to have. The reason for this is because Vanish uses 2 bars of stamina and Evasive Skills uses 3 bars. With six bars of stamina, I have enough for two evasive skill uses and/or three vanishes. It also feels like a reasonable amount to have should I enter the break state.

Basic Attack: Now I know what you're thinking. Why didn't invest anything into Basic Attack when it's going to be my primary attack method? The simple reason is because I would have to use more points then needed and I didn't have enough to work with. Let me explain. Remember Sapha's gear and how it gave -6 points in Basic Attack? Well while the stat won't go below 0 I would need to invest a total of 7 points just to get rid of that negative count (remember that the 4th point is a dummy point and won't contribute to the boost). After that, I would hardly have any points left to invest into Basic Attack to really make a difference as one point gives only a 1% in damage. Thankfully, Sapha, being a Saiyan, already has hi attack power so this offsets it a little.

Strike Supers: Obviously since Sapha utilizes Ki Blast Supers there's no need to donate into Strike Supers despite her running a Strike Super and Evasive Skill. Also, I would have the same problem as Basic Attack when it comes to points.

Ki Blast Supers: The main cup of tea for the build that also defines Sapha's character. Since I wanted her to do as much damage as possible with her ki blasts I wanted to reach 100 points in stats. However, I couldn't just put 100 points in the stat and be done with it. I need to remember that my gear gives 2 extra points in Ki Blast, and before you go "can't you just add that to the 100?" you need to know right now that your stat CANNOT GO ABOVE 100 POINTS. That means any extra points I get from gear would do nothing if I put 100 points into this stat. As such, I needed to work around a number that would give me a total of 100 points. Since my gear gives me a total of 2 extra points for ki blast I could remove two points from the total count of points needed to reach 100. However, I have 97 points invested because point 98 is a dummy point and thus wouldn't contribute to the stat.

Now that I explained Sapha's stats and how they worked I can end by showcasing the skills I have chosen to use for gameplay. Please note that this build is meant for PvP and, while I haven't been able to test it in actual play, will work in theory.
Let's start with the Supers.
Gravity Breaker (learned from Cell during his master quests): This skill, through both research and experience, is definitely what I would consider broken. Sure the ability to cancel out opposing ki blasts (doesn't work on Ultimates as I learned through testing), the true beauty/what makes it broken is how it stuns your opponent for a long period of time while sending them flying straight ahead of you a great distance. Basically, because your opponent is flying straight in the opposite direction you can fire an Ultimate Ki Blast and not have to worry about it missing. You can constantly repeat this and dwiddle your opponent's health with spammed Supers and Ultimates. The only thing that doesn't make this skill a complete broken mess is that it has a start-up lag and can easily be blocked if you can see it coming in time. Aside from that, I'm hoping this skill will get nerfed in the future.

Kamehameha (obtained in PQ 3 "Saiyan Blood"): The signature skill of the series, though certainly not one of the best Supers in the game. I went with the regular Kamehameha over other options like x10 Kamehameha, Galick Gun, and such for two reasons. The first reason is balance. The thing about Kamehameha is that it has a fast enough execution speed to be used in combos and enough power to deal good damage even when it isn't fully charged. Likewise, Galick Gun doesn't do as much damage and x10 Kamehameha has more lag to it. The second reason is more for roleplay reasons. Because this Sapha is basically her DBO incarnate reborn, I didn't want to use a blast that wasn't in the Spiritualist/Turtle Hermit tree in DBO.

Super Drain (obtained in PQ 28 "Take Back the Dragon Balls!"): This is an interesting skill, but very useful nonetheless. Super Drain, as the name suggests, absorbs three bars of stamina from your opponent (don't know if your opponent loses the stamina or not) and adds it to your current amount. What's very useful about this skill is that it's a great way of recovering Stamina while maintaining offensive pressure on your opponent. Keep in mind that this skill, despite being a grab, can be blocked and is easy to dodge so I must be careful when using it. Oh, and for those of you wondering why I'm not using Hyper Drain, a skill that absorbs ki and stamina, instead of Super Drain? Well I found out that Hyper Drain only recovers one bar of ki and stamina which is...hardly worth anything. Seriously it's more of a downgrade than anything.

Maximum Charge (obtained either in PQ 32 "Super Saiyan Bargain Sale" or from Skill Shop): This skill is pretty much a staple in a lot of builds. I'm sure a lot of you can guess what this skill does, but for simplicity sake I'll tell ya. It's a ki charge skill, and the best one in the game. While it does have a slight startup and ending lag, the ki recovery is very fast and you can recover a lot of ki in a few seconds. Definitely useful when in SSJ(2).

Ultimates:
Super Kamehameha (obtained through Goku mentor final quest): Obviously a powered up version of the Kamehameha and one of the two Kame Ultimates in the game (the other being Cell's Perfect Kamehameha). The reason I went with this and not, say, that broken piece of shit of a skill called Death Ball, is not only for roleplay purposes, but also because its one of the Ultimates in the game that you can get a Z-Assist from. What's good about this is that female Saiyans can use Z-Assists more often than any other race, which means you're more likely to get a power boost from it...provided Goku is your current mentor.

Super Saiyan (pic says Super Vegeta, but ignore that): Obviously, being a ki blast user I'd want a way to spam them. That's where Super Saiyan comes in and, while it pains me to say it, it's very useful in putting pressure on my opponent. Now the question you're probably wonder is why I chose the regular Super Saiyan as opposed to, say, Super Vegeta 2? Well let me fill you in on a little something about the Super Saiyan transformations: their stat boosts are absolute shit. As I learned from here (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... ideModal=1) the stat boosts for the SSJ transformations (both regular and Super Vegeta) are...
So as you can see, the only decent thing about any of the Super Saiyan forms is that you can spam your Supers and Ultimates (which seriously needs to be nerfed). Now the question here is why did I choose Super Saiyan as opposed to Super Vegeta or either of the second levels. Well if you take a look at the stats you'll noticed that the transformations also reduce the damage taken by 10%. Sounds cool right? Well here's the thing: the regular Super Saiyan line reduces all forms of damage by 10% where as the Super Vegeta line only reduces the damage done by opposing ki blasts by 10%. This basically makes the regular Super Saiyan superior to Super Vegeta despite having a less ki blast increase due to giving you better durability. Also, I chose the first level over the second because, aside from Dimps' laziness of not giving hairstyle changes for the transformations, the ki drain is ridiculous and even at seven bars of ki Sapha is going to find herself running out of ki fast. Also, the stat boost that increases from level one to level two is hardly worth the extra drain. So yeah...Super Saiyan. Extra durability and Super/Ultimate spam.

Evasive Skill: Angry Shout (obtained in PQ #38 "Blast the Super Spirit Bomb")
A Strike Evasive Skill that merely stuns the opponent. Why would I pick this one over all the other evasive skills in the game (especially a Ki Blast one)? Well Angry Shout has the nice little effect of restoring a bar of ki with each use. It doesn't matter if it hits your opponent (though the stun is useful for landing Super Drain or something) or not, you will get that bar of ki back. Very useful for a lot of builds.

Anyway I apologize for this wall of text. Figured I would explain some things as well as described the build I put work into. Again if this is out of place or too long please feel free to change/delete it.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:02 pm

I liked the guide, and I'm just wondering - you say 25 points = 1 bar of ki, but I'm pretty sure the first bar you get doesn't take 25 points. I originally read 5 points gets you the first additional bar, but I had to put 7 points into Stamina for the first bar and 27-8 points into ki for the second ki bar. Why wasn't this an even amount? Would my character's height/weight effect this?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:08 pm

Thanos wrote:For those who are unaware of the gloriousness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8zy_Q-oUU4
That was beautiful.
Like angels whispering in my ears.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:12 pm

So I just beat the final boss in the story mode. I'm kinda let down on how easy it since I beat him on the first try. So how do I create more characters and do the extra quest for Broli & Bardock story modes.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:18 pm

Saiga wrote:I liked the guide, and I'm just wondering - you say 25 points = 1 bar of ki, but I'm pretty sure the first bar you get doesn't take 25 points. I originally read 5 points gets you the first additional bar, but I had to put 7 points into Stamina for the first bar and 27-8 points into ki for the second ki bar. Why wasn't this an even amount? Would my character's height/weight effect this?
The extra bar you get in your ki and stamina comes from leveling. They aren't affected by your current stat; you get them automatically. As for your question, no your height/weight didn't affect this. Height determines your health/movement speed bonus and weight determines whether you get a bonus in ki attacks or basic/strike supers (staying medium weight doesn't grant you any bonus from what I read, which is 30% by the way). Anyway, your gear/Z-soul might have affected the odd numbers in your distribution. Also, remember that any point divisible by 4 is a dummy point, which doesn't contribute to the stat.
Hellspawn28 wrote:So I just beat the final boss in the story mode. I'm kinda let down on how easy it since I beat him on the first try. So how do I create more characters and do the extra quest for Broli & Bardock story modes.
For making more characters, all you had to do was beat the story for the first time from what I understand. As for the side story, you need to collect 5 Chasm Time Shards and then talk to Trunks.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:19 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Saiga wrote:I liked the guide, and I'm just wondering - you say 25 points = 1 bar of ki, but I'm pretty sure the first bar you get doesn't take 25 points. I originally read 5 points gets you the first additional bar, but I had to put 7 points into Stamina for the first bar and 27-8 points into ki for the second ki bar. Why wasn't this an even amount? Would my character's height/weight effect this?
The extra bar you get in your ki and stamina comes from leveling. They aren't affected by your current stat; you get them automatically. As for your question, no your height/weight didn't affect this. Height determines your health/movement speed bonus and weight determines whether you get a bonus in ki attacks or basic/strike supers (staying medium weight doesn't grant you any bonus from what I read, which is 30% by the way). Anyway, your gear/Z-soul might have affected the odd numbers in your distribution. Also, remember that any point divisible by 4 is a dummy point, which doesn't contribute to the stat.
Nah, I had no negative gear at the time.

Sorry, I really don't understand dummy points at all. Could you explain them more?

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:27 pm

Saiga wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Nah, I had no negative gear at the time.

Sorry, I really don't understand dummy points at all. Could you explain them more?
Then it's most likely because you haven't fully leveled up at the time. The free stamina/ki bar becomes full when you reach 80, the cap.

As for dummy points, you have to first look at the graph showcasing your current stats. Every time you distribute a point into the stat, the part of the graph associated with that stat extends (the opposite is true if you take away a point from that stat during your distribution). However, there are some points where, when you distribute them, don't affect the graph at all. These are the dummy points, and as I found out they appear on any point number divisible by 4. So when you put 4 points into one stat, only the first three will increase the stat. The fourth one does nothing hence why I call it a dummy point.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:39 pm

Is there any way to avoid this dummy point? Like if you're looking at the graph and see it doesn't move, does that mean you have to put the point somewhere else?

Also, how does character deletion work? After seeing the stats, I decided I want an Earthling male and I don't want my existing character if I can't change the name. Do I just start at level 1 and keep everything I unlocked if I delete my current character? I know creating a new character keeps everything unlocked.

Uuugh, wish I went Earthling male from the start. If I wait until I beat the story and unlock more character slots, will I be able to delete my first character and not lose everything unlocked on it?

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Saiga wrote:Is there any way to avoid this dummy point? Like if you're looking at the graph and see it doesn't move, does that mean you have to put the point somewhere else?

Also, how does character deletion work? After seeing the stats, I decided I want an Earthling male and I don't want my existing character if I can't change the name. Do I just start at level 1 and keep everything I unlocked if I delete my current character? I know creating a new character keeps everything unlocked.

Uuugh, wish I went Earthling male from the start. If I wait until I beat the story and unlock more character slots, will I be able to delete my first character and not lose everything unlocked on it?
No. The dummy point will always be there regardless of how you spend your points. The best you can do is plan around it and put the right amount of points into a stat while taking into account the dummy points you have to use. That's why some of the stats I showed aren't exactly right on the mark. Thankfully, the dummy point doesn't count as an increase meaning that if your gear and z-soul increase your stat by a certain amount the dummy point will not effect the final outcome. Lets use my character's ki blast stat as an example. I have 97 points distributed into the stat and my gear gives me +2 in that stat. Normally this would put my total stat points at 99, but because point 98 is a dummy point it doesn't effect the total and is actually skipped meaning that I reached 100 points aka the max points possible (remember your stat can't go above 100 points nor can it go below 0 points).

As for character deletion, once you beaten the story you unlock the other slots. The nice thing about this is even if you delete your only character you don't lose whatever progress you made in your game. The only way to truly lose everything and start from scratch is to delete the save file itself.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:52 pm

So yeah, I can delete a character that is mid-story and still have my progress when I create a new one, aside from the level?

So I'll have all my costumes and supers?

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:57 pm

Saiga wrote:So yeah, I can delete a character that is mid-story and still have my progress when I create a new one, aside from the level?

So I'll have all my costumes and supers?
I don't think you can delete you character mid-story. You'll have to beat the story before you can do as you please with your character.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:00 pm

Well, the login screen seems to give me the option...

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fulicer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Rozay wrote:
Fulicer wrote:So did anyone else crash the game after beating the three fat Buus with SSJ3 Goku? It has done it twice. Once when Goku was KO'd, and another time when he was still conscious. PC version...

Maybe I need to set it to default quality settings again to make it not crash. That's how I got passed the Cell Jrs bug.
Switch speech language and turn subtitles off, then try again.
I tried and it didn't work....this is quite an annoying bug.

I'll try going in online mode and seeing if there is a new patch available. I had to switch to offline because it would fail to connect a damn server (even though I am running in fucking single player all of the time...there is no need for the game to connect to a server for single player).

Edit: an update fixed it (i.e. update to latest available patch). I was able to save progress after the tiny fat Majin Buus.
Last edited by Fulicer on Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.