"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Makaioshin wrote:I have to wonder if he was inspired by the original concept of Beerus. His design really doesn't match Towa or Miira at all and there didn't really seem to be anything pointing to his existence in Online. I wonder if they just recycled Yamamuro's work to make him. We know that Watanabe/Yamamuro's Beerus was a lizard-like guy that had the power to infect others with evil intents. And that is pretty much exactly what Demigra is. He is even ridiculously buff which matches what we heard about the original Super Saiyan God design.
He could be Beerus' original design recycled, but even if he isn't and was actually intended for DBO and they just never got there, Demigra probably wouldn't have had a similar design to Towa and Mira anyway. If the Xenoverse story is anything at all close to part of what was eventually intended for DBO, Demigra wouldn't have been working with them anyway. He's not a part of their Time Breaker faction and wouldn't really have a reason to share many design elements.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:48 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:So, You can receive a Dragon Ball as a gift. That's cool.
That's very cool. But I don't think anybody in their right mind would give away a Dragon Ball considering how frustrating tedious it is to get those fucking things. :x

And did I hear correctly, is the DLC pack delayed? Because if so, what bullshit. :thumbdown:

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:51 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:And did I hear correctly, is the DLC pack delayed? Because if so, what bullshit. :thumbdown:
Where did you hear that?
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:03 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:And did I hear correctly, is the DLC pack delayed? Because if so, what bullshit. :thumbdown:
Where did you hear that?
This:
Zelvin wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:They really gotta get their shit together....
Why? Delayed DLC for different platforms isn't uncommon at all. Deals are made that result in that all the time.
Doesn't matter much to me. I don't plan on getting the DLC until much later on. Maybe towards Christmas. There isn't any pressing need for me to get it now, and it's always going to be available. Trying to get every Super/Ultimate and equip in the standard game is taxing and irritating enough as is without trying to grind for more stuff in the DLC. In all honesty, all I want from any DLC is just Pan and a new armor set for Frost Demons that is geared towards Blast Supers, since they're the ones that desperately needs it.
Or did I interpret it incorrectly?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:12 pm

I freakin' FINALLY beat that Android-arc Parallel Quest solo to unlock it. Then I went back played it with Super Saiyan God Goku, Beerus, and Whis, for some sweet and spiteful revenge. Felt good.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:18 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
Where did you hear that?
This:
Zelvin wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote: Why? Delayed DLC for different platforms isn't uncommon at all. Deals are made that result in that all the time.
Doesn't matter much to me. I don't plan on getting the DLC until much later on. Maybe towards Christmas. There isn't any pressing need for me to get it now, and it's always going to be available. Trying to get every Super/Ultimate and equip in the standard game is taxing and irritating enough as is without trying to grind for more stuff in the DLC. In all honesty, all I want from any DLC is just Pan and a new armor set for Frost Demons that is geared towards Blast Supers, since they're the ones that desperately needs it.
Or did I interpret it incorrectly?
Kamiccolo was referring to the DLC being released on Consoles a few days after Steam. Zelvin was talking about possibly not buying the DLC until Christmas.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:20 pm

I keep on getting a message saying that I got a gift on the top screen. How do I get my gift since I can't seem to find it in my bag.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:21 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
I keep on getting a message saying that I got a gift on the top screen. How do I get my gift since I can't seem to find it in my bag.
You get it from the Timespace Delivery in Toki toki city.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:29 pm

Big Momma wrote:Kamiccolo was referring to the DLC being released on Consoles a few days after Steam. Zelvin was talking about possibly not buying the DLC until Christmas.
Oh, my bad. :oops:

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:38 pm

Does TDC's avatar change every five minutes or is it just me?
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:44 pm

Captain Space wrote:Does TDC's avatar change every five minutes or is it just me?
It changes every time you refresh the page.

As for the DLC delay, there isn't. DLCs get released on consoles at a specific day of the week, regardless of what game it is.

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:46 pm

Oh, that's clever.

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:15 pm

Hey everyone. I'm thinking of buying Xenoverse but I know next to nothing about it. Can someone help me out with a few questions I have?

1) What is the gameplay like? Is it similar to other DBZ games like the Tenkaichi series or Battle of Z?
2) What is the game's difficulty like? Easy? Challenging but fair? Or is there any bullshit moments/difficulty spikes?
3) How is the Online experience? Is it laggy or does it work great? Is the online community great or is it full of assholes?
4) How in depth is the character creation?
And 5) Is it a must buy or should I wait for a price drop?

If I do get the game. I will be buying the Xbox 360 version. I would rather buy it on Steam (Since I hear the game runs at 60fps on the PC) but I doubt my laptop would be able to run it smoothly.

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:27 pm

1. It's not Budokai or Budokai Tenkaichi, but it's better than the other really recent ones. I'll say "pretty good" overall.

2. It's difficult at times but not impossible. Sometimes you just need to do more Parallel Quests to level up a bit before taking on the next story mission.

3. Dunno, gonna delve into multiplayer once I finish the campaign.

4. I like it a lot...it's not Skyrim, but it's a lot better than Ultimate Tenkaichi's.

5. Can't really advise you there. I'd say it's pretty much a must-buy eventually, but I dunno if you want to wait for the price to go down. Definitely get it at some point.

And yeah, I have the Steam version, but then I have the advantage of gaming computers on campus, soooo yeah, wouldn't even try running it on my laptop...

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:31 pm

SSJ3_Zack wrote:Hey everyone. I'm thinking of buying Xenoverse but I know next to nothing about it. Can someone help me out with a few questions I have?

1) What is the gameplay like? Is it similar to other DBZ games like the Tenkaichi series or Battle of Z?
2) What is the game's difficulty like? Easy? Challenging but fair? Or is there any bullshit moments/difficulty spikes?
3) How is the Online experience? Is it laggy or does it work great? Is the online community great or is it full of assholes?
4) How in depth is the character creation?
And 5) Is it a must buy or should I wait for a price drop?

If I do get the game. I will be buying the Xbox 360 version. I would rather buy it on Steam (Since I hear the game runs at 60fps on the PC) but I doubt my laptop would be able to run it smoothly.
1) It's a mix of both. It's definitely better than BoZ overall and although it's better than the Tenkaichis in some areas, it pales in others. Overall, it's comparable.
2) I'd say, overall, it is really challenging but you can run into one or two missions you were just not prepared for.
3) It was pretty unstable at release, but it's good now. There are a lot of spammers but you can get around it.
4) Five races, options for head, eyes, mouth, body type, gender, etc, with options to change skin (and clothes) colour with various costumes you can acquire on. It's good but could be better.
5) It's a good game, if you have the money to spend, I recommend buying it. However, if you're low on money, I say don't, because it does get repetitive after a while.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:56 pm

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:02 pm

Doctor. wrote: 1) It's a mix of both. It's definitely better than BoZ overall and although it's better than the Tenkaichis in some areas, it pales in others. Overall, it's comparable.
2) I'd say, overall, it is really challenging but you can run into one or two missions you were just not prepared for.
3) It was pretty unstable at release, but it's good now. There are a lot of spammers but you can get around it.
4) Five races, options for head, eyes, mouth, body type, gender, etc, with options to change skin (and clothes) colour with various costumes you can acquire on. It's good but could be better.
5) It's a good game, if you have the money to spend, I recommend buying it. However, if you're low on money, I say don't, because it does get repetitive after a while.
Thanks for answering my questions :D. I guess I will wait a while for it to drop in price then haha.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:06 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:This is too fucking good! :lol:
Goku can say Hell, but Gogeta has to say "Other World." Ok... >.>

EDIT: Goku's quote to Adult Gohan xD

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:09 pm

Why would Kakarot say that he think he may have seen Bardock before? :shock: