Favorite non-Toriyama character?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Favorite non-Toriyama character?

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:25 am

Who's your favorite character who never appears in the manga or other canon materials

Me, i'm fond of Annin, Cooler, Pikkon, Nova Shenron and Garlic Junior

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Re: Favorite non-canon character?

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:29 am

Marked for deletion.
Last edited by Suupaa Gohan 2 on Wed May 06, 2015 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:30 am

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:Beerus is rather unique among Dragonball notables. Kinda fun to have a guy who blows up planets because it's his job and not because he has Broli syndrome.
I think he counts as canon though

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:32 am

Ledgic. Don't care what anyone says, he was a boss. His dub voice was the smoothest thing ever and I could listen to him read a phonebook and it would sound menacing!
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:36 am

Pikkon. He's quite possibly the greatest example of "a hero of another story", that Dragon Ball Z has ever produced.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:50 am

Pikkon, no doubt. His personality is so inconsistent though. Maybe they should write him as bipolar. Would love to see him and Piccolo interact.

Next would be Janemba. The fat form. ♥

And finally, Cooler. He's just...cool. I like the thought of Frieza having a brother.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:57 am

Hard decision, I'll have to go with Towa. (She's non-canon right?)

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:59 am

Codarik wrote:Hard decision, I'll have to go with Towa. (She's non-canon right?)
i think so.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:18 am

Mira, Towa and Janemba.

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:22 am

Cacao, Pikkon- Turles- and Ledgic.
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

TJVY
Beyond Newbie

Post by TJVY » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:54 am

Baby, Towa and Valese.
"It's not anime that sucks, it's the fans."

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:13 am

I'd have to go with Bojack, though he seems to be a bland ass character in general. Doesn't really have much to say and just likes to destroy stuff because he can. Still, there's just something unbelievably cool about a powerful space pirate who had to be sealed in a planet by Gods simply because he and his cronies kept destroying shit. I really like his design as well.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Favorite non-Toriyama character?

Post by ZazamPow » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:38 am

For as long as I live, I will never understand the appeal of Mira and Towa.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:42 am

You changed the title. Now no one can say Pikkon, Broly, Cooler, or Bojack. :(
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:50 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:You changed the title. Now no one can say Paikuhan, Broly, Cooler, or Bojack. :(
Wasn't me who changed it

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:55 am

Show: Pikkon and all of the GT main baddies

Movies: Android 13(base form), Cooler, and Broly(only movie 8 )
Last edited by EXBadguy on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:59 am

Well, Toriyama designed him, but as far as "not appearing in the manga" goes...

I miss Gregory. Such a spunky lil' guy. I wish we could see more of him.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:59 am

EXBadguy wrote:Show: Paikuhan and all of the GT main baddies

Movies: Android 13(base form), Cooler, and Broly(only movie 8)
I find it hilarious when people are trying to type normal sentences and their combination of characters coincidently forms an emoticon.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:34 pm

Gogeta (movie 12 version).
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Dayspring wrote:Gogeta (movie 12 version).
I love the perfect contrast between Gogeta and Vegetto. They are both born of the same two characters, yet inherited completely opposite traits. This is especially impressive when you consider Gogeta's limited screen time. Gogeta has Vegeta's stern seriousness, but as shown when he smiled at the young ogre who was possessed by Janemba, he also has Goku's compassion and morals. Meanwhile Vegetto inherited Vegeta's arrogance and enjoyment of playing with opponents, but lacks real sadism, instead possessing Goku's playfulness and innocence. These combinations of traits forms two comepletely unique characters, instead of just a combination of the previous two. I like the way Multiverse characterizes Vegetto, that despite his incredible power and wisdom, his combination of arrogance and playfulness makes for an extremely immature person. The way the story is going seems to imply that Vegetto is like a spoiled baby and is going to throw a fit soon because he can't get a good fight. Meanwhile, I can picture interactions between Gogeta and the other characters where he shows himself to be extremely warm and kind, despite his seriousness. Overall when you consider their personalities, an argument can be made that Gogeta might actually be the superior fusion after all, overall and in certain areas. He could train and grow stronger while Vegetto remains overconfident, and he is much more efficient at dealing with opponents. Vegetto is likely the better strategist, but that just goes along with his natural advantages vs Gogeta's potential.

Whoever was in charge of movie 12 deserves real credit for perfectly characterizing Gogeta and making him one of the best movie characters in just three minutes.

Gohan deserves it.