Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by ZazamPow » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:05 pm

I presume by "left Yamcha behind" Tien meant that he broke his leg again.
DarkPrince_92 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:There's a huge amount of completely wasted opportunities by leaving Goten and Trunks behind.
Why? So they can fuse... and fail? Not like Tenshinhan should be there either, but they're a waste of space at this point.
Tien wasting bad guys by the truckload and being a badass is not a waste.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:06 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:There's a huge amount of completely wasted opportunities by leaving Goten and Trunks behind.
Is there really? So they can fuse... and fail? Not like Tenshinhan should be there either, but they're a waste of space at this point.
Gotenks is the fighter with the most unique abilities and he's the most entertaining one to watch.
Goten and Trunks could have grown, so, more new designs.
Goten and Trunks could have been confused by Freeza for Goku and F. Trunks, which would lead to funny interactions.
They could have been killed, which would add to the overall quality of Freeza and allow for character development for the remaining characters.

Plus, what will they be doing? They can sense Ki and it's not like Bulma can stop them. And yeah, I forgot, BULMA is fighting.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:08 pm

This is the V-Jump that that shot is from, right? http://www.yesasia.com/global/v-jump-11 ... /info.html // http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1703152

I don't want to accidentally order the wrong thing.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:15 pm

I'd have liked for everybody to be able to take out a few henchmen, Trunks and Goten included. I've missed seeing the kamikaze ghosts, or they could have fought separately for once. That would've been awesome.

Hopefully Yamcha and Chaozu still have dialogue even if they don't fight. I want Furuya and Emori involved.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:15 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:For future reference:
All Canon Debate - http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=29480

All Power Discussion -
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =8&t=29560
And
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =8&t=29453

All Bashing or Loving New Products Goes Here -
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=29385
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=29331

Quote this anytime this thread gets over taken by other non movie subjects. Have a nice day.

TheGMGoken

Great!

kei17 wrote:So, now it's very likely that Goten and Trunks won't appear in the movie.
What a shame... I mean why the f*ck Yamcha take orders from Tien? And why would be Gohan concerned about Goten and Trunks since their powers are greater than his? This seems illogical.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:17 pm

Chuquita wrote:A good chunk of his recent drawings have had these wide heads. I partly wanna think there's some proportion lines he might not draw all the time anyone and that's why some look fine and some have wide heads. The BOG lineup is a good example. Some look fine, some have wide heads.

Didn't Toriyama change his styles when he was working on Blue Dragon on purpose to make it not resemble too much to other previous works? Remembering reading about it from an interview, I think he gave when he was working on Blue Dragon, not sure

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:28 pm

Marked for deletion.
Last edited by Suupaa Gohan 2 on Wed May 06, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

andr1y7

Post by andr1y7 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:29 pm

Kinda weird for Yamcha to be left behind because it's too dangerous, but not Roshi. Anyway, I'm gonna wait for more context.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:34 pm

So it's dangerous for Chaoz and Yamcha but not Roshi? Fuck logic right?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:37 pm

Zombie wrote:So it's dangerous for Chaoz and Yamcha but not Roshi? Fuck logic right?
Forget Roshi, Bulma is fighting.

Jesus Christ, and I thought this movie's writing couldn't get any worse. Yea, yea, we don't know everything yet, all right, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:38 pm

Yamcha has no shame in admitting he has no business in certain kinds of fights, so unfortunate as the implication is I see nothing wrong with it. Lest we forget he was basically having a heart attack the first time Freeza came to Earth. Goten and Trunks are a little odder, as while I could see them staying back on Bulma's orders because they're kids afraid of Trunks' mom (or at least we can assume Toriyama's trying to keep them that way for as long as he can), it would surprise me if that was really incentive enough to keep out of the fray.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:38 pm

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:You mean like Vegeta and Piccolo can sense battle powers in Movie #10 yet... ?
I never said it made any sense there either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, if the Turtle Hermit is jumping into the fray, I see no reason why it would be too dangerous for Yamcha or Chaozu. And when did Tenshinhan tell Yamcha to stay away from the battle anyway? Was they all farming together in the same place?

I'm sure it's explained in the film, but I'm hungry for more context!
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:39 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Zombie wrote:So it's dangerous for Chaoz and Yamcha but not Roshi? Fuck logic right?
Forget Roshi, Bulma is fighting.

Jesus Christ, and I thought this movie's writing couldn't get any worse. Yea, yea, we don't know everything yet, all right, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
What? :shock:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:40 pm

shinmaru wrote:
Chuquita wrote:A good chunk of his recent drawings have had these wide heads. I partly wanna think there's some proportion lines he might not draw all the time anyone and that's why some look fine and some have wide heads. The BOG lineup is a good example. Some look fine, some have wide heads.

Didn't Toriyama change his styles when he was working on Blue Dragon on purpose to make it not resemble too much to other previous works? Remembering reading about it from an interview, I think he gave when he was working on Blue Dragon, not sure
It's possible, but I wouldn't know because I was never really that into Blue Dragon. Never got to play the game, watched a bit of the anime, but gave up on the anime pretty early.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:42 pm

The chapter also states that majin Buu is sleeping, so guess we won't see him either.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:43 pm

Great... Even more disappointing bullshit...
As if things couldn't get any worse...
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Well, some people will listen when they're told it's too dangerous (Chaozu and Yamcha will even withdraw their participation themselves), while others are stubborn and will participate even if they shouldn't (Kame Sennin and Bulma will definately not ask permission if they're willing to show off and/or feel like heroes).

Seems logical to me.

HA HA, and the kids, serves them right!
Learn that there are situations where you don't play around, and then you'll be allowed back onto serious battlefields, kiddos!
See you when you've grown up and stopped being arrogant and playful at the worst time possible! 8)

I LOVE that it got even to the other characters, like "let's not bring the brats into this one, they're gonna screw up as usual by not being serious and in the best case, innocents will die because they wanted to show off and play with their opponents instead of striking to take them down efficiently and quickly".
Just like in real life, that's what you get when you've proven you don't know how to be serious: you're not invited to situations requiring seriousness!
Last edited by Cold Skin on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Maybe Goten and Trunks aren't in this movie because someone down the line thought that this movie had too many characters already and just couldn't think of a good enough way to fit everybody in.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:47 pm

I feel if they did have the benefit of a weekly serial, they wouldn't have to spirit away all these characters. Cast is too big for the available time? Look at how jammed those Precure All Stars movies have become. 40+ protagonists in those means not everyone gets to talk.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:49 pm

Avenged wrote:The chapter also states that majin Buu is sleeping, so guess we won't see him either.
Doesn't Boo take like 5 seconds to sleep?

Geez...