Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Kid Buu » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:11 am

Zombie wrote:I'm so fucking glad seeing Piccolo leading Earth's forces for once. He's the one in the middle after all. :thumbup:
Couldn't you say he led the team in the Saiyan Saga?
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:20 am

Is the whole chapter out in english!? Where do I find it?

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:25 am

AvatarReiko wrote:Is the whole chapter out in english!? Where do I find it?
I don't think the staff want people asking for pirated content.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:25 am

I sort of get that Goten, Trunks, Chaozu and Yamcha are sidelined. I really get that. But then why the hell is Roshi there?! Yamcha has to AT LEAST be better than him not even mentioning Goten and Trunks (though they were probably sidelined cause they cause too much trouble instead of that they are too weak).

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:47 am

FatNagger69 wrote:I don't think the staff want people asking for pirated content.
We don't, as just discussed on the previous page.

Incidentally, I'm starting to regret ordering the May and June V Jump issues together. I think I overestimated my patience.
-Rachel

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:06 am

TripleRach wrote:
FatNagger69 wrote:I don't think the staff want people asking for pirated content.
We don't, as just discussed on the previous page.
So why was chapter one linked when it came out and why translate the dialogue for chapter 2. That is essentially the sambas linking the whole chapter.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:45 am

AvatarReiko wrote:So why was chapter one linked when it came out and why translate the dialogue for chapter 2. That is essentially the sambas linking the whole chapter.
Personally, I never saw that link because I wasn't reading the thread as thoroughly four weeks ago. This thread moves very quickly, so it's possible the others missed it too. Or maybe the ones who did just felt more lenient at the time. I don't know; we're not a hive mind after all.

Scripts are certainly a gray area, but they're still not the same as distributing the actual chapter. You would still need the pages themselves (legally or otherwise) to properly experience it. Otherwise they're not much different than detailed summaries.
-Rachel

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:46 am

If someone linked to the entirety of chapter one, please report the post. That is not allowed.

Translating dialog is not a replacement for the actual product itself, and near as I can tell, we here at Kanzenshuu have not translated the entirety of the dialog anyway, so it's even less of a complete replacement.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:28 am

VegettoEX wrote:If someone linked to the entirety of chapter one, please report the post. That is not allowed.

Translating dialog is not a replacement for the actual product itself, and near as I can tell, we here at Kanzenshuu have not translated the entirety of the dialog anyway, so it's even less of a complete replacement.
Herms translated the whole chapter a couple of pages back.

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:03 am

I am so glad that Tenshinhan and Kame Sennin will get to kick some butt in the new movie (too bad Yamcha won't be there though). I like Goten and Trunks a lot but it's nice to see that it's not all about the Saiyajin for once. I can't wait to see the movie.
The résistance dies but never gives up.

SSJGFrieza
Banned

Post by SSJGFrieza » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:36 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:I'd love to know the answer to that, myself! As far as I've seen on Twitter, nobody else in the greater Osaka DB circle has gotten a ticket yet, but that doesn't mean they haven't started making their way into the wild....
Even if you don't get one, i'm sure people who are going to the screening will give plenty of info about the movie.
Linda Young 4 lyfe

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:19 am

Well, scans are out there so I won't pretend I'm waiting on my copy of V-Jump to arrive (though it did ship today! Yay!). Per the rules, no links or full pages will be shared, of course.

I have to say, the art in this chapter doesn't seem quite as impressive as what we got last month. Toyotaro seems to rely on 'ghosting' for conveying speed rather than very dynamic compositions. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of great action imagery in this chapter which do look like Toriyama's work, but a significant portion is filled with after-imagery. Not that Toriyama did use it, too, but it was never to my tastes and fairly rare.

With that said, there are some amazing moments in this chapter and these still scenes do look amazing. I took the liberty of throwing Herms' translation onto this one preview. I hope that's okay? I assumed since it's only a single panel that it'd probably be okay. If not, that's fine, I'll remove it, just let me know.

I'm impressed that Chuquita guessed that this was both Whis' symbol as well as being hand-drawn on. I honestly scoffed at the idea back when it was first suggested, but damn, she was right!

Much like TheDevilsCorpse mentioned, Toriyama's humour is rampant in this chapter. Kame-Sennin riding Kuririn is great, Beerus hanging upside down from a tree by his tail to sleep, and Whis inexplicably stepping in a turd. Amazing.

ImageImage

I was a little worried that, in Toriyama's strive to include more action, he might forget to include his wonderful humour. If this manga is anything to go by, this is definitely not the case. I am beyond excited for this film.

The chapter ends with Kame-Sennin, Kuririn, Piccolo, Tenshinhan, and Gohan all facing Freeza surrounded by his humongous army. A ship (given his presense in the scene in the trailer, this is likely Jaco's) descends and Freeza says, "“I see, so he’s come in that spaceship…I’ve been waiting for you, Son Goku.”

Start of the next chapter should be pretty hilarious as everyone tries to work out who the hell Jaco is. I'm waiting for someone to mistake it for Freeza's new form.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:28 am

I feel like Whis's symbol evokes the Naruto one, which looks similar. Could there be a subtle tribute there, considering that Naruto (like One Piece) owes pretty much all it is to Dragonball, and considering it has just ended?

Tennessaiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tennessaiyan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:39 am

Loving all the images so far of Goku and Vegeta training. Can't wait to see that scene animated.
And lol, those scans up there of Vegeta and Goku, the way they are looking down (at Whis' symbol) combined with the scan of Whis' shoe, it kind of makes it look like they stepped in something too :lol:
mogi67 wrote:I kind of view Dragon Ball the same way I view mythology. It can be convoluted, contradictory, but always a treasure.

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:52 am

Oh Chuquitaaaaaa.... :)
Last edited by SaiyaJedi on Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Because I'm nice, I'll replace the problem image with a cell phone picture from the actual magazine.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:03 am

So happy he hasn't been forgotten! It is glorious. ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆

I can't wait to see that animated (and how they animate it).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:10 am

I wonder how Future Trunks would look in SSJG, in manga form. His eyes are already the same type as SSJG and his hair colour wouldn't change since it's black and white.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:23 am

AvatarReiko wrote:Is the whole chapter out in english!? Where do I find it?
Would it kill some of you guys to at least SKIM through the TOS before joining? Jesus Christ.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:52 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Nope, it has to do with the excuses being brought up to explain their absence. I don't even care about Goten/Trunks/Gotenks. I just think that there's no good reason to cut them out in favor of a boring non-character like Tenshinhan, or a creepy and unfunny rape joke (for kids!) like Roshi, and don't think any of the explanations for their absence in-universe actually work.
Not to derail the thread, but are there any characters in the series that you actually like, RandomGuy?
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:00 pm

Kid Buu wrote:
Zombie wrote:I'm so fucking glad seeing Piccolo leading Earth's forces for once. He's the one in the middle after all. :thumbup:
Couldn't you say he led the team in the Saiyan Saga?
Ah you are right. Still it has been far to long.