Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

lord turbo
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by lord turbo » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:42 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:黄赤青と来たから次の劇場版は緑色の髪のゴッドだろうな
Came from the yellow red blue I will next movie version would be God of green hair

Basically the Japanese people are debating the same thing about the whole laziness of Toriyama switching Goku's hair colors every time he powers up and gets a new form.
I use to think the Japanese folks just ate up what ever came out of Toriyama's ass, nice to know they find all the recolors/palette swaps just as lazy and redundant as we do.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:44 pm

So the "Saiyan Beyond God" or might I say "Blue-haired SSJ" is confirmed?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:44 pm

Y'all acting as if Japanese people don't have hardcore DB fan. They also have power debaters too you know.

Besides Golden Freeza, SSG Goku, *if real* Blue hair Form, and no Mystic Gohan is Globally shitty.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:45 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:How long is the train ride home?
Well, the event is at like 6, ends at around 8 and I think he was estimating to be home around 9. So around an hour? It's currently around 12:45 PM there. So news could drop anytime after the next 7 hours and 15 minutes, but more you should expect it to be another hour after that and just be grateful if he does it sooner.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:47 pm

Could he tweet from the train?
Julian does your phone have 4G?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:48 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Y'all acting as if Japanese people don't have hardcore DB fan. They also have power debaters too you know.

Besides Golden Freeza, SSG Goku, *if real* Blue hair Form, and no Mystic Gohan is Globally shitty.
The blue Super Saiyan beyond god or whatever is not shitty at all. It's simple and basic like the other forms. I mean that's exactly what was said about all the other new forms, so why is now so bad for something to be simple?
Chuquita wrote:Could he tweet from the train?
Julian does your phone have 4G?
Chill. If I were him I'd just get out the info when I feel like it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's dreading a shitstorm coming his way from comments. Attention might be nice, but being badgered by a lot of people may not be so great. I feel sorry for him as well as jealous.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:50 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:Y'all acting as if Japanese people don't have hardcore DB fan. They also have power debaters too you know.

The blue Super Saiyan beyond god or whatever is not shitty at all. It's simple and basic like the other forms. I mean that's exactly what was said about all the other new forms, so why is now so bad for something to be simple?
I'm not hating on how simple or shitty it is. I'm hating on the colour. I don't like the colour blue for transformations. This isnt a DB only issue. Blue an ugly transformation colour but a great base colour....on certain people

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:51 pm

Marked for deletion.
Last edited by Suupaa Gohan 2 on Wed May 06, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:52 pm

I don't mind it for Vegeta. That is in fact the shade of blue I was hoping he'd get in a ssjg form. I just don't want Gokû to have it too. I liked the idea of different colors for each of them. The sea of blonde with ssj was enough of that.
And I like magenta for Gokû too much to want to let it go for blue ssj hair.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:53 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:

I'm not hating on how simple or shitty it is. I'm hating on the colour. I don't like the colour blue for transformations. This isnt a DB only issue. Blue an ugly transformation colour but a great base colour....on certain people
Oh I'm on board that the whole thing is laughable and doesn't look good (I like the blue and Goku's hair spiking, but that's it). I just find it hilarious that "NOW" is when people finally can't take it anymore.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:56 pm

If Goku gets the new blue hair too, that's certainly a bit frustrating. I really dig the red/pink/magenta SSJG scheme. I don't mind it on Vegeta, but expected a darker shade.

Maybe this is the sustained/"complete" transformation, and the red version is incomplete? Hoping it's not a level on top of that entirely. I guess it could even be something else (a power-up from Whis perhaps, or some mind-control technique though that seems incredibly unlikely), but that does seem to be the same design (in terms of shape) as standard SSJ Goku. Ugh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:56 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: I just find it hilarious that "NOW" is when people finally can't take it anymore.
Fans weren't happy with the red ssjg but with it being the first time he did it the majority gave him a pass on it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

White Oni
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by White Oni » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:56 pm

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:I'm just glad that the Japanese aren't kissing ~~~TORIYAMA~~~ ass en masse. Nice to know that lazy shit is being recognized as lazy shit even in the motherland.
Man you're desperate.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:57 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: Oh I'm on board that the whole thing is laughable and doesn't look good (I like the blue and Goku's hair spiking, but that's it). I just find it hilarious that "NOW" is when people finally can't take it anymore.
I couldn't take it no more when Goku and Vegeta got SSJ2(Personally thought it should be half Saiyan only or Gohan only). I also was done with transformations when every Saiyan but Goku and Trunks had hair that stands up so the transform didnt change your hair. Worked for Vegeta. Not for Gohan (praising Toriyama for getting him a haircut), Goten (GT), and GT Vegeta

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:58 pm

Marked for deletion.
Last edited by Suupaa Gohan 2 on Wed May 06, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:59 pm

sintzu wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote: I just find it hilarious that "NOW" is when people finally can't take it anymore.
Fans weren't happy with the red ssjg but with it being the first time he did it the majority gave him a pass on it.
Eh it was mixed. I just saw so many people defending SSJ God and Golden Freeza for being simple. Here's another simple design where I can apply the same excuses for Golden Freeza and SSJ God, but this time is when it's bad to be simple.
TheGmGoken wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote: Oh I'm on board that the whole thing is laughable and doesn't look good (I like the blue and Goku's hair spiking, but that's it). I just find it hilarious that "NOW" is when people finally can't take it anymore.
I couldn't take it no more when Goku and Vegeta got SSJ2(Personally thought it should be half Saiyan only or Gohan only). I also was done with transformations when every Saiyan but Goku and Trunks had hair that stands up so the transform didnt change your hair. Worked for Vegeta. Not for Gohan (praising Toriyama for getting him a haircut), Goten (GT), and GT Vegeta
Eh SSJ was never that great on Gohan, Vegeta, and GT Saiyans. Goku, Both Trunks', and hell I'd say Broly rocked SSJ better than everyone else.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

lord turbo
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord turbo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:00 am

dbzfan7 wrote:

Blue SSJ is about as simple, generic, uninspired, lazy, weak and redundant as the fanfic/fanarts that came many years before it. Toiryama is literally not even trying anymore. SSJ was original and unique so it worked being simple as it was still different enough to be its own thing. SSJ2 for everyone in the Buu arc was literally lazy palette swaps, then SSJ3 came and became a cool distinguished form and so was SSJ4. Then SSJG came and was kind of different, but still same old and same old so a recolored base Goku, his hair doesn't even change shape, now we potentially have blue SSJ which just makes it apparent to me. Toriyama has no desire to remotely try to be the tiniest bit more creative now. He's just fine with lazy redundant recolored palette swaps that predates his own ideas by a decade ago.

After Toriyama goes through the color wheel, he'll throw us a curve ball and make Goku's skin change colors to, then repeat the process and now even his clothes change colors too. If you can't tell I'm very disappointed with Toriyama's creativity.
Last edited by lord turbo on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:01 am

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:I'm just glad that the Japanese aren't kissing ~~~TORIYAMA~~~ ass en masse. Nice to know that lazy shit is being recognized as lazy shit even in the motherland.
You went a really too rough huh? But I agree you in parts... SSJG, Golden Freeza and this supposed "Blue-haired SSJ" lacks appeal and creativity to me
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

White Oni
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by White Oni » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:02 am

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:In what way? I'm hardly alone in my opinion.
You keep telling yourself that, and we'll all keep ignoring you.

Later.

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:04 am

Marked for deletion.
Last edited by Suupaa Gohan 2 on Wed May 06, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--'Big Green' Yajirobe