Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:28 am

So this is what really impresses Torishima?
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Terranigma

Post by Terranigma » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:28 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:A saiyan grows stronger every near to death exp, he almost died and literally took one hell of a beating from Golden Freeza even in his bloku mode. Freeza was wasted while Goku had a chance to regain his strength and had a boost from the near to death exp then full power kamehameha. DBZ in a nuttshell, cant say I'm surprised tho.
Except one of the guides states that the Zenkais have gotten so small they don't make a difference anymore.
oh... then that I dont know. That little zenkai boost was probably enough, we do know Goku and Vegeta likes playing around without attacking seriously to kill, so after that fight they had he probably knew he should go full power. The fun part is my friend said after Freeza died sorbet said ''all according to plan'' I'm like what the fck?

Maybve tied to the 2nd wish. Like becoming a god when killed/dying.

Tennessaiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tennessaiyan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:28 am

Wow. Not really surprised that Vegeta didn't win (See? SEE!?) But the fact that the ending is so generic is just baffling. Maybe we'll get a more desirable ending in the sequel?
mogi67 wrote:I kind of view Dragon Ball the same way I view mythology. It can be convoluted, contradictory, but always a treasure.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:28 am

This is probably just to teach Goku that ''being overconfident can take the power out of u'' thing to improve himself.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:29 am

Ryuman wrote:To those who wanted an action-packed DBZ film rather than what BOG gave us... There you go, you got it. Don't complain.
And I'm happy about that! Heck, I apologize for overreacting to the Pilaf reveal, the angel reveal, and the golden Frieza reveal. Now the problem is that it's all or mostly focused on Goku like always.
Abel Taylor wrote: I don't see the need for condescendion. They waited, as they told others to do, and now don't like it, though I think theu should wait to see the actual movie.
Just saiyan, set your expectations real low AT ALL TIMES!
Last edited by EXBadguy on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:29 am

This movie looks worse than Bio-Broly from all the spoilers we've seen so far. I'll wait for Julian but I won't hold my breath.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:29 am

Just shaking my head here. If all of this is true, then the ending sounds kinda lame. Though apparently my theory of killing main bad guy is all that matters to people over having moments or character development just makes me sad.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:29 am

Vegitofaxx wrote:So this is what really impresses Torishima?
unfortunately.

Apart from the training it sounds like one of the original 13 movies.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:29 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Rukura wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:So whis actually has 3mints limit on returning to the past. Good info
Huh, I recall Whis saying he turns back time to "repair" what Beerus destroys, to maintain balance, in Xenoverse.
That was the Resurrection F manga adaptation. I didn't see anything about it in Xenoverse, and I dug through pretty much everything I could think of.
D'oh! So that's where I saw it! Totally thought it was some throw-away line I saw in Xenoverse lol Thanks :)
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:30 am

so... Beerus doesn't do anything at the end? what about that ki blast he was shooting while smiling at someone?,
What about him talking to someone (Goku) on the Earth debris?
What about his conversation with Bulma?
:(
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

SSJGFrieza
Banned

Post by SSJGFrieza » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:30 am

no post credit scene?

So Freeza lost the battle AND the war :(

Toriyama saying that he wanted to make Vegeta to be the main character was a load of crap.
Linda Young 4 lyfe

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:30 am

SRB2Unleashed wrote:THEN you kill off Vegeta again even though this film was supposed to be focused on him? No. NO. I swear to god this better be fake. I can take Trollz doll Goku and Vegeta transformations, but for godsake have this be fake.
Don't act so entitled.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:31 am

Most everything so far sounds so unfortunate. I gotta hit the road, I'll be back later this morning.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

snaku
Regular

Post by snaku » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:31 am

Doctor. wrote:This movie looks worse than Bio-Broly from all the spoilers we've seen so far. I'll wait for Julian but I won't hold my breath.
Okay, the negative hyperbole has reached its maximum. There is zero chance this is worse than any Broly film, much less Bio-Broly. Go take a nap.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:31 am

SSJGFrieza wrote:Toriyama saying that he wanted to make Vegeta to be the main character was a load of crap.
It seems that way.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:31 am

Yea this movie really is shaping up to be a joke. Vegeta gets the ragdoll treatment AGAIN. Vegeta dies AGAIN. Goku wins AGAIN. Goku wins despite losing the first time just because he ate a senzu bean.

This is just...

I honestly have no words.

VeteranX

Post by VeteranX » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:32 am

snaku wrote:
Doctor. wrote:This movie looks worse than Bio-Broly from all the spoilers we've seen so far. I'll wait for Julian but I won't hold my breath.
Okay, the negative hyperbole has reached its maximum. There is zero chance this is worse than any Broly film, much less Bio-Broly. Go take a nap.
Ha yeah seriously I doubt it's worse than bio-broly. :roll:
Favorite characters: Goku,Vegeta,Future Trunks

On my way to collect all the dragon balls!

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:32 am

For what I read there, Vegeta doesn't dies, he just gets close...
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:32 am

I was really digging everything about this movie in the lead up... but now my hype has pretty much been entirely destroyed :/
I didn't expect the ending to be so lame, it just pulls the same "Goku comes back from the brink to one hit kill the villain" thing that the original movies did.

Abel Taylor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abel Taylor » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:33 am

Vegitofaxx wrote:So this is what really impresses Torishima?
Seeing as you have neither seen the movie nor read the script, you really shouldn't be questioning his tastes like that. People were so surprised at the blue Goku and Goku winning, so who knows what else could be in there? Also, I find summaries of movies don't really capture thr movie itself, no matter how detailed. Rather, they make you excited (or against) for the movie. Just wait until a detailed summary comes out, then you can have a more valid opinion; however, keep in mind that the movie itself can, and likely will, be better than the summary.
Hi! My name's Abel, and I'm pretty awesome.
VegettoEX wrote: Abel is pretty awesome.
SaiyaJedi wrote: Abel is the best contributor to this forum ever! He's the true Julian #1
Herms wrote: Abel is so awesome that I forgot how to speak Japanese.