Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:51 am

Tennessaiyan wrote:I'm getting the feeling that this is movie is the part of a bigger picture. Not suffering from any real disappointment for Goku winning again because I always left that a possibility, but I'm kepping my fingers crossed for a better ending in the next movie, which will likely be even better.
I agree. Now that I put in perspective, this is truly a Dragon Ball equivalent of a cinematic universe. Watching one film from a Marvel phase won't give you the whole story. It all leads up to the big finishing movie. BoG introduced the 12 universes, RF introduces Freeza's return which may have been intentional. The 3rd film (which hopefully comes out next year) may put two and two together and we would have a great finish.
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:52 am

If Vegeta is winning and then Freeza blows up to earth... well that's just trolling by AT.. lol

But at least Vegeta doesn't get the shit kicked out of him like the first time with Freeza...or 18...or Cell...or Buu...or Buu again....or

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:52 am

Eire wrote:I just hope that summary will get a separate thread, otherwise it's going to be lost somewhere here.
It'll be up on the site most likely.
Birusu16 wrote:
Where'd you get this from?

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:52 am

Birusu16 wrote:
Before he goes Golden, Freeza gets his ass kicked

He goes Gold and starts winning.

It becomes clear that Golden Freeza has the same weakness as before(he has an issue with stamina fighting at max power)

Goku tries to take advantage of this but gets beaten by Golden Freeza (though part of it was being caught off guard by Sorbet)

Vegeta steps in and gives Goku a senzu and then fights Freeza instead.

Vegeta is winning but then Freeza blows up Earth thus killing Vegeta(Goku survives because he's over hanging out with Whis while watching Vegeta fight and he made a barrier)

Whis uses his power to go back 3 minutes in time so Goku can finish Freeza off with a Kamehameha before he gets to blow up Earth.
---

So should we calm down?
That sounds absolutely fine to me if so.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:53 am

JamesOwnz wrote:If Vegeta is winning and then Freeza blows up to earth... well that's just trolling by AT.. lol

But at least Vegeta doesn't get the shit kicked out of him like the first time with Freeza...or 18...or Cell...or Buu...or Buu again....or
He probably did that to satisfy both Goku and Vegeta fans. Vegeta gets his chance to shine big time while Goku is ultimately the one who kills him. The problem is that there's one big plot hole in that. Vegeta should easily be capable of surviving a planet blowing up considering Freeza could on Namek and Vegeta is far above him in terms of power.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:54 am

JamesOwnz wrote:If Vegeta is winning and then Freeza blows up to earth... well that's just trolling by AT.. lol

But Vegeta didn't win supposedly, and apparently that's all that matters to people. Doesn't matter if he fought well or had some moments, he didn't win. That would have been good enough for me if I was a fan of him as he at least had a bigger role, but main bad guy kill for some reason is all people care about.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:54 am

GoldLiger wrote:
IGhostUlt wrote:Ok guys at first I would've agreed with you, but now that I think about it, its just ONE movie. Not an entire series. If we start being ungrateful, this could be our last dbz film, or anything of that sort.
This just proves that Toriyama would write GT exactly as how it was shown back 20 years ago.
He would make a GT I would enjoy more, that's for sure. He'd at least write everyone in-character, and that's one of the most important things to me.

VeteranX

Post by VeteranX » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:54 am

Birusu16 wrote:

He probably did that to satisfy both Goku and Vegeta fans. Vegeta gets his chance to shine big time while Goku is ultimately the one who kills him. The problem is that there's one big plot hole in that. Vegeta should easily be capable of surviving a planet blowing up considering Freeza could on Namek and Vegeta is far above him in terms of power.
But how strong was the blast he threw at him?
Favorite characters: Goku,Vegeta,Future Trunks

On my way to collect all the dragon balls!

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:55 am

If what Sorbet says about things going to plan is true, it must be what Ryusei Nakao meant about "perhaps one more time" for Freeza - I guess we will just have to wait and see what Akira Toriyama does for the next movie assuming there will be one.

I wonder how Tien, Yamcha, and Roshi fair against the 1000?. I'm looking forward to hearing about that, so many details still to come, I'm excited!.
Last edited by DBZ_Lee on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSJGFrieza
Banned

Post by SSJGFrieza » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:55 am

Freeza getting help from Sorbet pisses me right off
Linda Young 4 lyfe

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:55 am

Birusu16 wrote:

He can't breath in space.

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:55 am

Birusu16 wrote: He probably did that to satisfy both Goku and Vegeta fans. Vegeta gets his chance to shine big time while Goku is ultimately the one who kills him. The problem is that there's one big plot hole in that. Vegeta should easily be capable of surviving a planet blowing up considering Freeza could on Namek and Vegeta is far above him in terms of power.
Assuming Golden Freeza's blast on the planet is more instaneous and well, powerful since Freeza is at a god level and all. There's likely holes inbetween what happens too.
Last edited by SRB2Unleashed on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:55 am

Birusu16 wrote:

...What? Freeza can survive in the vacuum of space, Vegeta can not

TJVY
Beyond Newbie

Post by TJVY » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:56 am

SSJGFrieza wrote:Freeza getting help from Sorbet pisses me right off
And why's that?
"It's not anime that sucks, it's the fans."

VeteranX

Post by VeteranX » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:56 am

SSJGFrieza wrote:Freeza getting help from Sorbet pisses me right off
Wait for the summary. For all we know it could be some hax power..
Last edited by VeteranX on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite characters: Goku,Vegeta,Future Trunks

On my way to collect all the dragon balls!

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:56 am

We shouldn't have to re-post this yet again, but I've already deleted a few reaction image and one word posts. Relax, guys.
Eire wrote:I just hope that summary will get a separate thread, otherwise it's going to be lost somewhere here.
As I tried to point out earlier, important news will end up on the main site. And it's particularly easy to find posts by staff members if you use links like "The team" at the bottom of each page.
SansrivaaL wrote:What the? this is the first time I heard calling someone a jap person as something insulting or bad.
It's a slur that dates back many decades. But this thread is not the place to discuss it either way.
-Rachel

Tennessaiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tennessaiyan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:56 am

That may be what saves the movie for me :lol: Just for the fact of Vegeta winning against Frieza when Goku couldn't, and then Frieza being a dirty cheater by somehow blowing up the earth. As long as Vegeta gets to lay the smack down on Frieza, I'm good :thumbup:
mogi67 wrote:I kind of view Dragon Ball the same way I view mythology. It can be convoluted, contradictory, but always a treasure.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:57 am

That makes the movie sound better, especially Vegeta actually beating up on Freeza, still wish he got the final blow... maybe next time.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:58 am

dbzfan7 wrote:

But Vegeta didn't win supposedly, and apparently that's all that matters to people. Doesn't matter if he fought well or had some moments, he didn't win. That would have been good enough for me if I was a fan of him as he at least had a bigger role, but main bad guy kill for some reason is all people care about.
Which is why I'm glad Gohan kicked ASS :) . Proud of him.
Goku needed this win badly honestly

VyeRo
Beyond Newbie

Post by VyeRo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:58 am

Vegeta is winning but then Freeza blows up Earth thus killing Vegeta(Goku survives because he's over hanging out with Whis while watching Vegeta fight and he made a barrier)

Whis uses his power to go back 3 minutes in time so Goku can finish Freeza off with a Kamehameha before he gets to blow up Earth.
So will this lead to Vegeta harassing Goku because he didn't get to win? :D Kind of like in the Jump Special.

True mark of his growing character that he will not beat the crap out of Goku because of this. Hopefully this will lead to a fun moment between them.