Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:57 am

Zephyr wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:Highlights include Freeza's power level being 1.37 million, I believe.
I suppose this solidifies the theory that I saw here a long time ago that after a certain point, the stronger a character is, the more condensed and numerically small the battle powers become. Pretty sure that was Herms. :P
Am I the only one who sees new possibilities for battle power discussion with this instead of the same, tired stuff we've been going over for 20 years now?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:57 am

Marked for deletion.
Last edited by Suupaa Gohan 2 on Wed May 06, 2015 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

Is it possible that "1.37 million" is a mistranslation?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

SRB2Unleashed wrote:We assume Freeza died again but we know that this guy is a trooper.
If that line is in the movie I imagine it is the post credits scene.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

SRB2Unleashed wrote:We assume Freeza died again but we know that this guy is a trooper.
One of the spoilers says Freeza re-appeared in Hell.

Of course until Julian confirms this, this is just a rumour, but everyone is discussing rumours right now.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

Birusu16 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:Toriyama has already been on recorded saying that SSJ2 and SSJ3 are practically pointless and that Goku likely won't use them anymore. Why are people getting so upset about it?
SSJ= 50x base
SSJ2 =100x base
SSJ3= 400x base.

If Goku can stack these other forms on top of SSJ God like SSJ with the same boost. Then Goku could have one shotted Freeza. If we're told that SSJ2/3 no longer have the effect of stacking or that blue SSJ is the only achievable form. I'll be fine.
That's pretty much what Toriyama is saying. :lol:
It was never said like that. That's only a theory. He said they're powered up forms of SSJ, not that they no longer power Goku up at all.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Post by danielsan_190196 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:59 am

I'LL QUOTE IT AGAIN
danielsan_190196 wrote:How was the Sumitomo score for this movie?

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:59 am

Kaboom wrote:Is it possible that "1.37 million" is a mistranslation?
Possibly, but I really hope it's not. I don't see how forcing power level fans to have to think radically differently is a bad thing.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:00 am

danielsan_190196 wrote:I'LL QUOTE IT AGAIN
danielsan_190196 wrote:How was the Sumitomo score for this movie?
I don't think anyone said anything about it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:02 am

I hope it is...I really do.

If it is true, I really hope it's just his 1st form. If that's what he says his Golden form or new full power is....then wow...just wow. Logic is dead.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:02 am

dbzfan7 wrote:It was never said like that. That's only a theory. He said they're powered up forms of SSJ, not that they no longer power Goku up at all.
Goku endlessly keeps getting stronger, with Super Saiyan 3 in the manga and Super Saiyan 4 in the anime; does Super Saiyan keep getting limitlessly stronger too? Might we eventually see things such as a Super Saiyan 5…?!

Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are nothing more than powered-up variations of Super Saiyan. After the fight with Beerus, Goku realized that mastering his normal state and Super Saiyan would raise his level more and sap less strength, so I think he probably won’t become Super Saiyan 2 or 3 any more.
That pretty much implies that his SSJ2 and SSJ3 forms won't do anything for him anymore. Besides, if they did then I'm pretty sure both Goku and Vegeta would've taken it a step further with their transformations.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:02 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Possibly, but I really hope it's not. I don't see how forcing power level fans to have to think radically differently is a bad thing.
You can be as smug as you want acting as though you're 'above obsessing power levels'. But if the 1.37 million statement is accurate it simply contradicts the manga and is an error.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:03 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Highlights include Freeza's power level being 1.37 million, I believe.

I should probably add that, again, this is Google Translate. Don't get worked up until you get a proper summary.
Dear God ALG what have you started!

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:04 am

At this point id wager 1.37 trillion would have to be more accurate.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:04 am

Birusu16 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:It was never said like that. That's only a theory. He said they're powered up forms of SSJ, not that they no longer power Goku up at all.
Goku endlessly keeps getting stronger, with Super Saiyan 3 in the manga and Super Saiyan 4 in the anime; does Super Saiyan keep getting limitlessly stronger too? Might we eventually see things such as a Super Saiyan 5…?!

Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are nothing more than powered-up variations of Super Saiyan. After the fight with Beerus, Goku realized that mastering his normal state and Super Saiyan would raise his level more and sap less strength, so I think he probably won’t become Super Saiyan 2 or 3 any more.
That pretty much implies that his SSJ2 and SSJ3 forms won't do anything for him anymore. Besides, if they did then I'm pretty sure both Goku and Vegeta would've taken it a step further with their transformations.
Unless that's supposed to mean, SSJ is now a 400x boost or more now, then no it makes no sense. There's nothing that says how he can make SSJ raise his multiplier higher than the other forms, and sap less strength.
ShaneisMC wrote:At this point id wager 1.37 trillion would have to be more accurate.

Nako's number makes more sense

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:05 am

The Monkey King wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
You can be as smug as you want acting as though you're 'above obsessing power levels'. But if the 1.37 million statement is accurate it simply contradicts the manga and is an error.
I'm not being smug. If you had read my post above that one, I think that's the best thing that could have happened for power level discussion. Instead of the same exact stuff we've been going on about for almost two decades now, we find that all the systems and fan-made logic that we've come to accept as fact has been totally upended? That's waaaaay more exciting for me than "Freeza is at 5 quintillion," or something "safe" like that.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:06 am

dbzfan7 wrote:There's nothing that says how he can make SSJ raise his multiplier higher than the other forms, and sap less strength.
Was it ever said in the manga that the forms are multipliers ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:06 am

Looks like people are really prone to jumping the gun here, why not just wait to see what it actually means?

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:06 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:

Unless that's supposed to mean, SSJ is now a 400x boost or more now, then no it makes no sense. There's nothing that says how he can make SSJ raise his multiplier higher than the other forms, and sap less strength.
ShaneisMC wrote:At this point id wager 1.37 trillion would have to be more accurate.

Nako's number makes more sense
I was just making a generalization guess honestly. Whats Nako's take on it?

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:07 am

some guy in the 2ch thread wrote:Gフリーザの戦闘力は130万
This guy said 1.3 million, so it all depends on if random people on the Internet are accurate or not (though if multiple people posted it, as seems to be the case, it's probably true).

Dear god, I'm posting about battle powers, the thing I care least about regarding this movie? Definitely didn't get enough sleep :yawn:
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube