Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mystic Tien
Regular

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Mystic Tien » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:08 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:Does Vegeta make the God ritual off-screen?
Yes, he does. Or at least Kei didn't mention anything about it.
kei17 wrote:THIS IS NOT A MOVIE.

There's a Japanese term 起承転結 (introduction, development, turn, conclusion) which is often referred to when it comes to writing fiction, and Resurrection F completely lacks development in it. Foes appear, warriors gather, fight, then win. There is no development in the story. It's just punch, punch, kick, beam, funny conversations, punch, beam, funny reactions, beam, punch, Kamehameha! I can even hardly call this a story. It fails to be something enough calling a movie.
kei17 wrote:Things that bugged me were some really amateurish transitions of scenes, the persistent and unfunny gag moments by Beerus, and the choreography of battle sequences. Some scenes were suddenly inserted that I couldn't immediately understand what's happening. For example, Sorbet finds Pilaf and co in his space ship, and within the next two shots, they're already trapped in the ship and talking with Sorbet. It could have been a lot better by showing Pilaf and his gang first, then the space ship comes, trapped, and Sorbet gets introduced. Also, though Freeza mentions his training for a few months, the training itself is never shown and you don't understand how he could have become stronger. He just comes to the Earth shortly after his resurrection.
That's why I think that it wasn't shown. You may read the full thing here - http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 24#p900724
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:08 pm

Marked for deletion.
Last edited by Suupaa Gohan 2 on Wed May 06, 2015 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:09 pm

Birusu16 wrote:Vegeta won IMO. When you're destroying your opponent and they have to resort to underhanded tactics in order to gain the advantage then that's a victory in my eyes. I really don't care if others agree with me on it or not.
Then Goku lost as well. Completely lost.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:10 pm

sintzu wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:That guy's a Vegeta fan I doubt he'd have a possitive review about this.
Why would any Vegeta fan not like this ?

Sure Vegeta didn't kill him but he had an epic battle with him and won so shouldn't that be enough ?
Look in these forums, on youtube, gamefaq's, twitter, or other places. Lot's of "Fuck Toriyama this is Vegeta's moment, this movie is shit, blah blah blah."
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Given the information we have, I don't see how anyone in their right mind could say that Vegeta "won." That is blatant fanboyism.
Guess it depends on the definition of winning. Personally since the goal was to kill Freeza and he didn't, he lost as he died. He didn't exactly win the battle either as Freeza didn't retreat or abandon his objective at the time. They had one battle, and Freeza won it. He won by being smart, and not the stronger one.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:11 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:
ShadowWolf87 wrote:
GokuRules987 wrote:I am still waiting for Forneverworld to review the new DBZ movie and what he thinks about it personally.
He'll fulfill his cycle. Show hesitant interest, nitpick every little bit of detail that comes out about the movie, hear it gets localized and instantly throw criticism to the wind and hype it, set unrealistic expectations and make predictions that don't happen, be hype that he maybe got one or two things right and talk about how awesome it was, go back a while later and nitpick it again so he can't be called a fanboy, and repeat.

Does it for everything, like clockwork.
lol I though he was a true dragon ball fan? He even deleted his old channel signature and made a new one with Goku in it again ;)
I wouldnt exactly call him a true fan for various reasons but it seems Krillin took care of that part. If I were u I wouldnt expect a good review from him since what he was expecting didnt happen.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:11 pm

Birusu16 wrote:Vegeta won IMO. When you're destroying your opponent and they have to resort to underhanded tactics in order to gain the advantage then that's a victory in my eyes. I really don't care if others agree with me on it or not.
So...19 didn't beat Goku?
SSJ2 Gohan didn't beat Cell because daddy had to help him?
Everybody ganged up on Buu. Did they not really win?

If I'm fighting for my life, and I kick my attacker in the balls in order to save myself, does that not count as a win because of some utterly stupid system of idiotic rules?
Zephyr wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I don't see why. His goal was to stop Freeza. He didn't stop Freeza. Sounds like a loss to me.
Goku would have won, if Freeza's underling didn't distract him.
Vegeta would have won, if Freeza didn't rage quit.
Freeza would have won, if Whis didn't have hax powers.

They all kind of got cheated out of their potential victories at one point or another. Although Goku did get the final and eventual victory while Vegeta did not.
See my above point. Piccolo wouldn't have been beaten by Cell if Cell hadn't sucked up a bunch of Earthlings.
Vegeta wouldn't have lost on Earth if he hadn't been an idiot and shot Gohan's tale off from right under him.

Why do the circumstances of the win matter? Freeza did something totally in character in the context of the fight, and Vegeta was unable to prevent it. That's the textbook definition of a loss.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:11 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: And the information he gave us says otherwise.
Vegeta fights Freeza and defeats him so in order to not get killed Freeza blows up the planet to kill Vegeta by cutting off his air steam then Whis rewinds the clock to before the planet blew up.

He won the battle then lost thanks to not having any air then didn't thanks to Whis rewinding the clock to before the planet blows up which was after he defeated him.

So by the end of the movie Freeza will have been defeated in combat by Vegeta then killed by Goku.
Last edited by sintzu on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:11 pm

What you just described was essentially a pyrrhic victory. It's the worst kind of "victory", if you can even call it that.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:12 pm

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:
kei17 wrote:
ssjjanemba wrote:This is interesting, people want Akira to retire and not make any more dragon ball. My question is, what are you doing on this forum?
Ignore any bashings by those who haven't seen the movie yet. They're not worth reading.
With all due respect, sir, our opinions are just as valid as yours. Please keep your holier-than-thou attitude out of your posts.
His opinions are backed by experience. Your's are not. That makes his opinions more valid.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:13 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
So...19 didn't beat Goku?
SSJ2 Gohan didn't beat Cell because daddy had to help him?
Everybody ganged up on Buu. Did they not really win?

If I'm fighting for my life, and I kick my attacker in the balls in order to save myself, does that not count as a win because of some utterly stupid system of idiotic rules?
Zephyr wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I don't see why. His goal was to stop Freeza. He didn't stop Freeza. Sounds like a loss to me.
Goku would have won, if Freeza's underling didn't distract him.
Vegeta would have won, if Freeza didn't rage quit.
Freeza would have won, if Whis didn't have hax powers.

They all kind of got cheated out of their potential victories at one point or another. Although Goku did get the final and eventual victory while Vegeta did not.
See my above point. Piccolo wouldn't have been beaten by Cell if Cell hadn't sucked up a bunch of Earthlings.
Vegeta wouldn't have lost on Earth if he hadn't been an idiot and shot Gohan's tale off from right under him.

Why do the circumstances of the win matter? Freeza did something totally in character in the context of the fight, and Vegeta was unable to prevent it. That's the textbook definition of a loss.
Like I said, I really don't care if you agree with me or not. I'm not going to sit here and go around in circles debating this. It's my opinion and I'm sure you have yours. IMO Vegeta won. Don't like it? Too bad.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:14 pm

That's a funny way of defining "won," then. I guess that Nappa won against Goku too.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:15 pm

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:
kei17 wrote:
ssjjanemba wrote:This is interesting, people want Akira to retire and not make any more dragon ball. My question is, what are you doing on this forum?
Ignore any bashings by those who haven't seen the movie yet. They're not worth reading.
With all due respect, sir, our opinions are just as valid as yours. Please keep your holier-than-thou attitude out of your posts.
His opinions are valid because he has seen the movie. You can't really have a valid opinion without even seeing it.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:16 pm

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:With all due respect, sir, our opinions are just as valid as yours.
When he has seen the movie and you haven't, that's a pretty bold claim to make.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:See my above point. Piccolo wouldn't have been beaten by Cell if Cell hadn't sucked up a bunch of Earthlings.

That's fair. I suppose "win" and "victory" are the wrong words. He can take solace in the fact that he was winning, before his opponent started playing dirty. Thus, he has a bone thrown to him in that regard.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:16 pm

You're far too hung up on this. It's not that serious. Like I said, you have your opinion and I've got mine. Get over it.

Anyway, the blue super saiyan appearance based on the fanart Kei posted seems like it will definitely take some getting used to. It just looks so...weird. :wtf:

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:17 pm

Has anyone seen these yet??

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:18 pm

Jackal puFF wrote:Has anyone seen these yet??
Yeah, we saw it even before preview screenings. I am still not sure if it is fake, or not, but form itself isn't fake.
Last edited by Mystic Tien on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marco Polo wrote:

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:18 pm

Jackal puFF wrote:Has anyone seen these yet??
It was posted a couple days ago. The Blue SSJ forms are legit though.
Last edited by Birusu16 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:18 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Look in these forums, on youtube, gamefaq's, twitter, or other places. Lot's of "Fuck Toriyama this is Vegeta's moment, this movie is shit, blah blah blah."
So they would have been happy if Goku got the final battle with him then Vegeta came out of nowhere and final flashed him into the sun ?

I'll take what we got any day over that.
Last edited by sintzu on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:18 pm

Zephyr wrote: That's fair. I suppose "win" and "victory" are the wrong words. He can take solace in the fact that he was winning, before his opponent started playing dirty. Thus, he has a bone thrown to him in that regard.
"Was winning" is fine. But in the end, victory or defeat come down to the actual outcome. Saying that Vegeta had a good showing is a totally different animal than saying that Vegeta won even though he was reduced to space dust. Or left to suffocate. Or however he died.
Last edited by Kamiccolo9 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:19 pm

Marked for deletion.
Last edited by Suupaa Gohan 2 on Wed May 06, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe