Most violent moments in Dragonball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jermyn

Most violent moments in Dragonball

Post by Jermyn » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:50 am

What do you think was the most violent moments in Dragonball were? Here's my list.
Goku ripping a big hole in Piccolo Daimaō's chest.
The Goku vs Piccolo Jr. fight.
Goku and Raditz getting hit by Piccolo's Makankosappo attack.
Nappa chopping off Tienshinhan's arm.
Dodoria killing a group of Nameks.
Zarbon's death.
Freeza impaleing Krillin on his horn.
Freeza torturing Gohan
Freeza beating up Vegeta and killing him.
19 and 20 killing a buch of people.
17 kick off 20's head and crushing it.
Cell sucking people up with his tail.
Babidi killing Spopovitch
Buu smashing Babidi's head in.
Buu shooting down a man's thraot and make him explode.
Buu killing all the people on Earth with his Great Genocide Attack.
Baby get inside Dr. Myuu and ripping him apart from the inside out.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:57 am

Uh . . . well, it's great that you can list so many, but I think for a thread like this it might be better to just choose two or three to start and then let other people have a turn. We want some violence too, you know-- and here you've pretty much singled out just about every bloody (no, I'm not trying to be cute; I mean "bloody" in the very British way) moment in the series, there.

In short, lists kinda suck. But then, that's just my opinion.
Jermyn wrote:Dodoria killing a group of Nameks.
I'm going to choose this one, except I'll exchange it for the manga version. Dodoria was indeed brutal, but the death of an innocent child at the hands of Freeza exposes the darkest depths of his cruelty and just might be more vicious and horrific a sight than all the blood in DBZ combined.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:26 am

Most violent moment in my opinion...the two gunmen that cause Buu's evil/good separation sniping an innocent elderly couple for no reason. I think the dub named them Vanslat and Smitty, those two psychos got exactly what they deserved at "Pure Evil"/"Super" Buu's hands. Second most violent; Spopovitch's merciless assault on Videl, she was just brutalized to the point where she was getting teeth knocked out and her abdomen and skull constantly being battered. It's a wonder she had Pan after that torture.
14 years later

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:30 am

Conan the SSJ wrote:Most violent moment in my opinion...the two gunmen that cause Buu's evil/good separation sniping an innocent elderly couple for no reason. I think the dub named them Vanslat and Smitty, those two psychos got exactly what they deserved at "Pure Evil"/"Super" Buu's hands.
Oh, crap! I nearly forgot about those two gunmen. Okay, so it's a tie for me. I almost guarantee it's going to make me sound like a wuss, but when they shot poor Bee I found myself holding back tears.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:46 am

Too me it would have to be when Nappa was reigning all hell on the gang, with Tien and Chiaotzu giving it all they had which in the end killed them, and Piccolo sacrificing himself for Gohan, it was so sad to see so much effort put into destroying what seemed an invincible force (at least until Goku showed up :lol:)
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:59 am

hmm a familiar theme with this thread.

Imo, the most violent scene in Dragonball was when Broly grabs Son Gohan's head with his hand, and slides his face across the wall of a broken down building in movie 8.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:01 am

Gohan punching Cell.Jr's brains out, its such a wam, fuzzy image. :)

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:55 am

I will take Freeza impaling Krillin on his horn, since Freeza just laughed and twist his horn in Krillin body, that was just wrong.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

DB_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DB_Fan » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:07 am

Videl's fight with Spopovitch was really violent. :?

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:09 am

In the manga, I'd have to go with the kick assery that was the death of the Cell Juniors.

In the anime, Videl's fight with Supopovitch makes my stomach hurt everytime I see it, so...I'll go with it...
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:18 am

Gohan vs Cell Juniors. Nothing more needs to be said. :)

Except for "flying braiiiiiinssss!"
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:41 am

Piccolo blasting a hole through Goku's chest, then ramming that hole with his elbow. *shiver*

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:17 am

How about Oozaru Vegeta squeezing the life out of Goku. I thought that was pretty violent too. Not to mention that he STEPPED on Goku. :shock: That's gotta hurt.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:22 am

Bura wrote:How about Oozaru Vegeta squeezing the life out of Goku. I thought that was pretty violent too. Not to mention that he STEPPED on Goku. :shock: That's gotta hurt.
Actually, let's just go with the whole damn Vegeta fight.

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:43 pm

I'd have to say when Goku returned for a rematch with King Piccolo and killed what's his face with that kick. I also thought Gohan killing the Cell Jrs. in the anime was pretty great too. Videl vs. Spopovich is a runner up.

-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:22 pm

Dodoria shoving his arm through that Namek warrior was pretty bad; granted he's not the first (or last) villian to dispatch someone like that, but it seemed especially wet and gory when he did it.

Not exactly violent, but when Cell threw up 18 it seemed pretty sickening to me.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:25 pm

Piccolo's chestwound > elbow hit sequence was ... brutal. Instead of just beating the crap out of Goku, he made it as painful as possible.
And hey... Videl broke Spopovich's neck! That's rather violent! XD. To the extent that Yamcha wouldn't let Maron see it.

And... Piccolo's failed assassination attempt on Babidi was just... awesome. Perhaps the last awesome thing that Piccolo does in DBZ. And... it failed. :'(.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:39 pm

Deus ex Machina wrote:Not exactly violent, but when Cell threw up 18 it seemed pretty sickening to me.
Your avatar shot of #18 seems to agree. :lol:
caejones wrote:And... Piccolo's failed assassination attempt on Babidi was just... awesome. Perhaps the last awesome thing that Piccolo does in DBZ. And... it failed. :'(.
You forget the Super Buu-Buu Volleyball Tag-Team Assault. >.>;;

Not to mention, all of Piccolo's few scenes in GT were surprisingly awesome in their own ways. We have sensing disturbances by a beautifully animated waterfall (that thing nearly looked CG), shooting his Makapasanpo(SP?) in the sky just to get owned by Bebi-Gohan, his awesome farewells to Goku and Gohan w/t death, saving Goku from possible eternity in hell while getting a chance to pay Nappa back off-screen, and having one more respectful moment with "Son" at the end. Whew, I'm done!
Last edited by Conan the SSJ on Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 years later

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:43 pm

Oh yeah, Piccolo's awesome was cashed in on in GT (bad bad bad set of prepositions...)... but I was referring mainly to Dragonball Z.
The whole ticking off Enma was... rather awesome. :D
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

mAcChaos

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:58 pm

Videl's beatdown always got to me.