Buu-Kai Arc soundtrack and "Let it burn"

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Buu-Kai Arc soundtrack and "Let it burn"

Post by Naruto6583 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:30 am

goku262002 wrote:So its not just me then, this OST does sound very slow and forgetful nothing pops out compared to Yamamoto's stuff which is quite sad, I was expecting more out of this new composer of DBZ related works. he is the same dude who does the movie's scores correct? guess I should look into Movie 14's soundtrack to get a better idea.

Question: Why does Shenron's track sound like something out of Naruto and reality TV shows? same backing track or something?
That's mostly because he was on a budget compared to yamamoto
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

goku262002

Post by goku262002 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:16 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:
goku262002 wrote:So its not just me then, this OST does sound very slow and forgetful nothing pops out compared to Yamamoto's stuff which is quite sad, I was expecting more out of this new composer of DBZ related works. he is the same dude who does the movie's scores correct? guess I should look into Movie 14's soundtrack to get a better idea.

Question: Why does Shenron's track sound like something out of Naruto and reality TV shows? same backing track or something?
Aww, really? poor guy, Toei won't give him the same budget Yamamoto got thats a Shame.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:19 pm

goku262002 wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:

Aww, really? poor guy, Toei won't give him the same budget Yamamoto got thats a Shame.
Well think of it like this when toei first did kai they knew where they were going with the show like almost 100 episodes, outsourcing the animation and whatnot so they knew what to spend. But since kai 2.0 was meant for the international market only they decided to make it the cheapest way possibe
PSN SonGoku325

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:30 pm

This OST is only volume 1 and - aside from a few pieces - doesn't have the best, acclaimed tracks that most people want.
Wait for volume 2 for more compelling tracks.

And the Shenron track is from Battle of Gods, but extended (or rather, it was likely shortened for Battle of Gods). So it is a movie-scale track, sounding mysterious and mystic, with an asian atmosphere. Shenron in a nutshell.

goku262002

Post by goku262002 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:40 am

Cold Skin wrote: And the Shenron track is from Battle of Gods, but extended (or rather, it was likely shortened for Battle of Gods). So it is a movie-scale track, sounding mysterious and mystic, with an asian atmosphere. Shenron in a nutshell.
I think you missed my point entirely:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SneJOp9yzjI

It sounds like this track from Naruto.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:56 pm

goku262002 wrote:
Cold Skin wrote: And the Shenron track is from Battle of Gods, but extended (or rather, it was likely shortened for Battle of Gods). So it is a movie-scale track, sounding mysterious and mystic, with an asian atmosphere. Shenron in a nutshell.
I think you missed my point entirely:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SneJOp9yzjI

It sounds like this track from Naruto.
Basically from what I heard that is free to use in terms of the way the tracks done
PSN SonGoku325

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Not really about the background music itself, but here's a "new" live performance of "Dragon Soul" and "Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Xahvprmxo
(It was recorded in 2014, but the Blu-ray has been only released last week).

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:23 pm

Just had a quick gander at the soundtrack it is not that bad to be honest, Super Saiyan 3 and it's subsequent track were probably my favourite's of the one's I heard. But am I right in thinking that folks moreso have problem with the placement rather then the actual soundtrack?

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:24 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Just had a quick gander at the soundtrack it is not that bad to be honest, Super Saiyan 3 and it's subsequent track were probably my favourite's of the one's I heard. But am I right in thinking that folks moreso have problem with the placement rather then the actual soundtrack?
Pretty much the main problem of kai 2.0 at times is its placement
PSN SonGoku325

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:31 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Just had a quick gander at the soundtrack it is not that bad to be honest, Super Saiyan 3 and it's subsequent track were probably my favourite's of the one's I heard. But am I right in thinking that folks moreso have problem with the placement rather then the actual soundtrack?
Ahh that sucks, but since Kai 2.0 was originally supposed international only, I guess it makes sense why TOEI wouldn't put much care into it, shame.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:47 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:
Ahh that sucks, but since Kai 2.0 was originally supposed international only, I guess it makes sense why TOEI wouldn't put much care into it, shame.
Well the placements 50/50 but yeah that's how I picture it as well
PSN SonGoku325

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:01 am

ShinGaijin wrote:Not really about the background music itself, but here's a "new" live performance of "Dragon Soul" and "Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Xahvprmxo
Where is this from?

SuperSaiyanHedgehog
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanHedgehog » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:40 pm

ShinGaijin wrote:Not really about the background music itself, but here's a "new" live performance of "Dragon Soul" and "Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Xahvprmxo
The video went down, so I re-uploaded it.
Known as Hiltonium everywhere else.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Yamamoto Revival (Now Completed!)
----------------------------------------------------------------
YouTube//Twitter//Ask.fm//PSN: Hiltonium//Nintendo Network: BoomBomb712//3DS Friend Code: 3652-0542-0595//Skype: PM me if you're interested

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:41 pm

"Super Saiyan 3" is one of those cues that sounds riveting at first listen, but then you break it down and realize it has hardly any substance at all - the focus is primarily on rhythm with simplistic melody, much like a modern Hans Zimmer composition. And then there's the choir, which appears to be there solely to mask the lack of substance. It's like Sumitomo went, "Uh... not much to work with here... quick! Somebody grab a choir to grunt a bunch of times!" It does the job it's supposed to do, though, I'll grant it that. It merely fails close scrutiny.

"Reviving Majin Boo", on the other hand, is more to my taste. That one does have substance and melody. Not as much as I'd like, as it's still a bit on the simplistic side, but I'll take what I can get from this score.

Apologies if I've forever ruined the "Super Saiyan 3" cue for anyone.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.