Did Eduarzo Garza just confirm FnF extended version?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Did Eduarzo Garza just confirm FnF extended version?

Post by Black_Liger » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:33 pm

ok this is interesting.... Eduarzo Garza, movie dub director is posting many photos with original v.a's of latino dbz dub. But this is pretty interesting.

Genaro Vasquez, Supreme kai voice actor moved to Canada, and wasn't able to dub Shin in BoG, because the studio wouldn't let him record things at his studio so he was replaced.

However BoG has already come to pass.

And Eduardo Garza, he posted a pic with Laura Torres (Goten voice actress) saying how good it is to make quality things, a fan said "But Goten doesn't appear in FnF" and Garza just answered "Are you sure? :)"

And remember Vazquez? he said he was getting accustomed to one of his past characters while uploading a pic of kibitoshin.

Did they just confirm an extended version? Some say that Gaby Willer (Trunk's voice actress) has been contacted too.... (however this one might be just a rumour, but the Torres thing is confirmed"

Also, Pan's GT voice actress was contacted to record baby pan's noises and sounds.. so THEY ARE getting all the cast back.

Here is the pic confirming Torre's participation in the possible FnF...

https://www.facebook.com/LaloGarx/photo ... =1&theater
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Re: Did Eduarzo Garza just confirm FnF extended version?

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Good to hear that Torres is back! She didn't come back for BoG because the producers of that dub held a grudge against her over her involvement with the Mexican actor's union and a strike they held against those producers (among others). If I recall, there are new producers for FnF...new bosses, no old grudges, I guess.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Post by danielsan_190196 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:25 pm

Or maybe they will do additional voices in FnF. Or a BoG redub, who knows :D

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:12 pm

He is posting OLD pics or new pics? I did see that Photo VERY new and EXTREMELY recent one of Laura Torres,which pretty much claims she will be in the movie, who pretty much everyone wanted back...but there are no scenes for her. Goten doesnt appear, and neither does Kids Gohan/Goku. I hope There is a character she can play in Fukkatsu no F because if she actually isnt in the movie I will have lost all respect for Eduardo (BTW its Eduardo, I know you didnt mean to make a mistake but please correct Eduarzo. Its cringeworthy to see a Latin American name Mispelled like that.) for baiting fans like that.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:21 pm

s.

And Eduardo Garza, he posted a pic with Laura Torres (Goten voice actress) saying how good it is to make quality things, a fan said "But Goten doesn't appear in FnF" and Garza just answered "Are you sure? :)"
:) .

Didn't Funimation do something similar with BoG?

trunkschan90
Beyond Newbie

Post by trunkschan90 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:57 pm

Black_Liger wrote:
Genaro Vasquez, Supreme kai voice actor moved to Canada, and wasn't able to dub Shin in BoG, because the studio wouldn't let him record things at his studio so he was replaced.
Since he lives in Canada it would be cool if he could do the English voice of the Supreme Kai in the Ocean dub of Dragonball Z kai. How is his English?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:09 pm

We should just stick to more solid English Speaking actors. Sure I love him to bits but I know how awkward can be to actually speak in English despite knowing it, it would be very accented and stuff. And this is coming from a fellow Latin American.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:47 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:We should just stick to more solid English Speaking actors. Sure I love him to bits but I know how awkward can be to actually speak in English despite knowing it, it would be very accented and stuff. And this is coming from a fellow Latin American.
I have to agree here. Let's keep the nightmare of dub casting because they played the character in another language to the ADV dub of Macross.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:57 pm

Now you got my attention! (too bad I dont have the time to dedicate to this now :( )
I dont pay too much attention to these dub things since Battle of Gods dub and I'm still deciding if I will watch it dubbed or japanese first :crazy:
Black_Liger wrote: And Eduardo Garza, he posted a pic with Laura Torres (Goten voice actress) saying how good it is to make quality things, a fan said "But Goten doesn't appear in FnF" and Garza just answered "Are you sure? :)"
if this is true, then I'm speechless :shock:
I thought maybe she would make an extra... although why contact her then... we should wait... :shock:
Black_Liger wrote: Also, Pan's GT voice actress was contacted to record baby pan's noises and sounds.. so THEY ARE getting all the cast back.
This one I laughed when I saw it :lol:
how can an specific voice actress be contacted just for recording crys and baby sounds? :think:
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:08 am

Funny thing you said that because Laura Torres did get called to make baby sounds and cries in DBZKai and she even recorded them...and never got paid for it.

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by majinboogc » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:13 am

I honestly don't think it is an extended edition of Fukkatsu no F, not yet. I think that they might be dubbing the extended edition of Battle of Gods. One thing I hope they correct is the horrendous Bills name. For me, it's like nails on a chalkboard. He seems to be reaching out to fans for input which they did it last time but in the end Fox ended up doing their own thing and ignoring fan input. Even in-house work was scrapped like the dubbed songs. I just hope that this time he can move forward with the fan approved changes.
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

What happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way. - Morpheus (The Matrix Reloaded)

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:46 am

Now that you say it, Garza HAS been asking fans for their input on correct translations, that an Vazques and Torres... well I am now hyped! if it's not an extended FnF it's an extended BoG with original v.as!! what else could it be? :P or maybe they are dubbing xenoverse. XD

However, like Beerus-sama noted, it's quite intriguing that when told Goten doesn't appear, he just said "Are you sure?" I am hoping for the best here though. :P

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by majinboogc » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:03 am

I saw Fukkatsu no F in Los Angeles last weekend. Goten isn't in the movie and honestly, I think it is a bit early for an extended edition.
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

What happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way. - Morpheus (The Matrix Reloaded)

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:09 am

It sounds really odd for an extended version to already be in the works this early. Since they didn't get the extended Battle of Gods before, it's most likely that they're doing.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by majinboogc » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:28 am

This is HILARIOUS! This just went up not too long ago. https://youtu.be/uj0Ncb_7YlY It is Genaro Vasquez's lines for Battle of Gods. HE USED BEERUS!!! :lol:

What does this mean? It could mean many things. Hopefully it is a redub of BoG and the dub of its extended edition.
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:40 am

majinboogc wrote:This is HILARIOUS! This just went up not too long ago. https://youtu.be/uj0Ncb_7YlY It is Genaro Vasquez's lines for Battle of Gods. HE USED BEERUS!!! :lol:

What does this mean? It could mean many things. Hopefully it is a redub of BoG and the dub of its extended edition.
Hopefully it means Bills becomes more of a thing of the past. I like Garza's changes to use more accurate terminology.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:53 am

I wouldn't be surprised, Garza wanted to be quite faithful in BoG. I have a feeling we'll get "Beerus" in FnF

Anyways, I hope this means a official BoG redub!! it has to be that, or the guy is an editing super saiyan to be able to take out Jose Vilchis' voice without traced and keep everything else even music and sound effect. XD

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:02 am

It just occurred to me. Latin America has never gotten the extended Battle of The Gods cut. Sooo... Could that movie be dubbed to include Laura Torres and Genaro Vasquez and the new scenes. I thought it was a dumb theory ...until i thought about it some more. Its not unheard of in movies to make another dub, even if the first one is great, (I'm not saying BoG's dub is great but I wanted to establish that dubs are made if the client wants it, not if it truly warrants it) both in Mainstream movies AND anime. Evangelion 3.3 anyone?

I'm not 255% certain so dont quote me on this.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:06 am

TheGmGoken wrote:
s.

:) .

Didn't Funimation do something similar with BoG?
I remember when dubbing BoG, Sean Schemmel posted some pictures of him recording the dub and he accidentally posted a picture where you could see a shot from the extended version. That's how everyone found out about it being dubbed.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:14 am

If it's a FnF extended cut, then I wish them to have some scene of Freeza's training session, nothing else.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...