Would you like to see Marron and Bra become Z Fighters?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Re: Would you like to see Marron and Bra become Z Fighters?

Post by Kaboom » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:10 pm

Marron I can take or leave in terms of being trained and gaining any appreciable strength. Both her parents are more or less retired from fighting, so it's not like she has any real motivation or reason.

As for Bra, though... I'd be amused if she was thrust into some sort of necessary heroic role where she's powerful enough by default to save the day despite never training. Like, some space goon with a power level of a thousand or so shows up and starts attacking West City, and in the process he blows up one of Bra's favorite fashion outlets. She gets mad, pulls out her barely-ever-used power level of like 100,000 or something, and just drops the guy in one hit. Then she complains that her hair got messed up from powering up and flying.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

chaosakita
Not-So-Newbie

Post by chaosakita » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:01 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Would Marron be trained by her parents, or someone else?
I guess her dad would train her. Can't see Muten Roshi being a dependable trainer for a girl.
Blade wrote:Admittedly, I've taken a bit of a round-about journey to get to the point, but I'd love for Marron and Bra to become important characters - but I'd like it to be off the back of imaginative writing, not just by making them ridiculously powerful by in-Universe standards.
That's what I'd like to see.

Piririn
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Piririn » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:39 am

I would LOVE to see Bra become one of the main fighters. One of the things I hated most about GT was the way she was wasted, turned into nothing more than a weak airhead.

She's half-Saiyajin, so there's no reason for her to have any less potential than Gohan, Goten, and Trunks. If she inherited the genius of Bulma, she could probably surpass them all. It'd be awesome for the series to have a fighter that's not only strong, but who can analyze combat from a scientific and high-tech perspective. She could even push her training forward through the use of her own inventions.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:33 am

I want Marron to be a second generation police officer.

I want Bra to be a security guard for Abercrombie & Fitch, Macy's, Victoria Secret, and Bath and Body Works.

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:48 am

I think that Bra has a lot of potential to become one of the rarely seen "girly warriors". We have enough tomboy princesses who dress and behave like boys and seeing one that actually cares about her look and make up would be a refreshing thing- like Katara from "Avatar: The last Airbender" who was one of the most headstrong, powerful and responsible characters yet enjoyed fine dresses and spa. Had Bra been left with her fashionista personality and been added skill and intelligence- that would be awesome. As a women I'd also like to see her having Saiyan appetite yet not worrying about her waist.
But just change her outfit, please. Or make her older.
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:31 am

Hell no, Goten and Trunks were already bad enough.

Yournickk

Post by Yournickk » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:11 pm

Not really. I'm one of the fans who think that kid Trunks and kid Goten shouldn't have been able to turn SSJ so easily. I had no problem with Pan not being SSJ in the end of DBZ or in DBGT. If Bra and Marron have no inerest in martial arts, that's OK with me.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:41 am

Marron would be weak though. There is no much point in her training, unless she dies, gets trained by Kaio, learns Kaio-Ken, gets her potential unlocked, and even that won't be enough.
Piririn wrote:I would LOVE to see Bra become one of the main fighters. One of the things I hated most about GT was the way she was wasted, turned into nothing more than a weak airhead.
She is Bulma's daughter. What do you expect her to be like?
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:53 am

The series has completely dropped the "next generation" line by this point, so the best we can hope for is they get to join in cheering Goku on.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:42 pm

Rocketman wrote:The series has completely dropped the "next generation" line by this point, so the best we can hope for is they get to join in cheering Goku on.
They haven't dropped it as long as they don't go beyond the 28th TB.

bubibartra
Beyond Newbie

Post by bubibartra » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:30 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:Marron would be weak though. There is no much point in her training, unless she dies, gets trained by Kaio, learns Kaio-Ken, gets her potential unlocked, and even that won't be enough.
Piririn wrote:I would LOVE to see Bra become one of the main fighters. One of the things I hated most about GT was the way she was wasted, turned into nothing more than a weak airhead.
Bulma is a genius and a support character essential for group survival in many ocasions
Favorite Character: Vegeta
Seconds favorites caracteres:Goku , Piccolo
Previously I like: Kid Gohan
I do not like: Adult Gohan
I hope more: Trunks and Goten
I claim for: A girlfriend and a happy life for Yamcha. Women SSJ
Hate: Send all women to take care of children, including A18.
Need more of: Ten Sin Han

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Not really. I doubt there'd be anything to expect out of them. DBZ is the Goku/Vegeta show now. I mean if Toriyama cant even make Piccolo or Tenshinhan useful again (the strongest non Sayians) and already never did anything progressive with Goten and Trunks, what would really be any better for Marron and Bra? Marron is a human, and Bra doesnt fight. (even if that was retconed for Z, she'd just be an unrealistic Kid trunks clone I bet and still useless.) Toriyama won't bother to do anything not involving, Goku, Vegeta, Beerus & Freeza. We could get a movie called 'Solo adventures of Marron & Bra" and somehow Goku will be the main character.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:43 pm

DBZ is the Goku/Vegeta show now.

You're really late to the party if you're just figuring that out now. DBZ has always been the Goku/Vegeta show. Their actions shape the Dragon Ball Universe immensely. They are to Dragon Ball what Superman and Batman are to DC. You can't really imagine it without them in some way. If there is ever a major conflict in DBZ, they're going to be significantly involved in it in some fashion.
I mean if Toriyama cant even make Piccolo or Krillin useful again (the strongest non Sayians)

Fixed that for you. :wink:
Toriyama won't bother to do anything not involving, Goku, Vegeta, Beerus & Freeza.

You think based off of one movie, Toriyama has already decided who he's gonna have as the main character for any future Dragon Ball projects? Did anybody expect Jaco to return in Resurrection F? Because I sure as hell didn't. I expected him to be just a one time character. But yet he plays a supporting role in modern DBZ movie. So there's really no guarantees about who the central cast will consist of.

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:You're really late to the party if you're just figuring that out now. DBZ has always been the Goku/Vegeta show. Their actions shape the Dragon Ball Universe immensely. They are to Dragon Ball what Superman and Batman are to DC. You can't really imagine it without them in some way. If there is ever a major conflict in DBZ, they're going to be significantly involved in it in some fashion.
I know that it was a growing them, but the gap wasn't was large as it was since BoG happened. Everyone did something in the Cell & Buu arcs. BoG was literally just Goku and FnF is Goku & Vegeta time.
Lord Beerus wrote:I mean if Toriyama cant even make Piccolo or Krillin useful again (the strongest non Sayians)

Fixed that for you. :wink: [/quote] I meant power wise. They have potential that is being ignored for Saiyan priority Krillin has been demoted to clean up crew since his movie career began.
Lord Beerus wrote:You think based off of one movie, Toriyama has already decided who he's gonna have as the main character for any future Dragon Ball projects? Did anybody expect Jaco to return in Resurrection F? Because I sure as hell didn't. I expected him to be just a one time character. But yet he plays a supporting role in modern DBZ movie. So there's really no guarantees about who the central cast will consist of.
Jaco was added to help his own promotion because nothing outside DB related manga is recognized by western fans. But the way the series goes about things makes it clear the show is just a Saiyan circus.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:52 pm

Rocketman wrote:The series has completely dropped the "next generation" line by this point, so the best we can hope for is they get to join in cheering Goku on.
Pessimistic. Also accurate.

I've not seen anything come from Marron or Bra as characters in any content whatsoever to make me feel any particular intrigue towards them as characters. I'm sure it could be made to work by a good writer who wanted to, but there really is no way it's ever going to happen. Characters that spent most of Z being built up (Gohan) are basically Yamcha at this point.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:54 pm

I could see them spinning off Bra and Marron into a super hero type of Great SaiyaMan \ PreCure ...thing. Something totally separate from DragonBall. Maybe Bulma could make their devices and 18 could come up with their super hero attire based on what they had to do that week?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:03 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I could see them spinning off Bra and Marron into a super hero type of Great SaiyaMan \ PreCure ...thing. Something totally separate from DragonBall. Maybe Bulma could make their devices and 18 could come up with their super hero attire based on what they had to do that week?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:14 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I could see them spinning off Bra and Marron into a super hero type of Great SaiyaMan \ PreCure ...thing. Something totally separate from DragonBall. Maybe Bulma could make their devices and 18 could come up with their super hero attire based on what they had to do that week?
Well, I was a quite a fan of the Powerpuff Girls. So, why not? :P

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:20 pm

I think Bra has way more potential given her saiyajin blood (don't get me wrong Marron would be strong too). I think that they'd make for an interesting alternative to Goten and Trunks and maybe they'd even has a fusion to go along with it.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:39 am

bubibartra wrote:
Mystic Tenshinhan wrote:Marron would be weak though. There is no much point in her training, unless she dies, gets trained by Kaio, learns Kaio-Ken, gets her potential unlocked, and even that won't be enough.
Bulma is a genius and a support character essential for group survival in many ocasions

That's the point. But she isn't a fighter.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.