Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue May 19, 2015 5:41 pm

I dunno if this was intentionally supposed to be funny, but Goku shot his kamehameha while Vegeta was with Freeza. I just laughed at that. Dude potentially could have hit Vegeta. Also I don't like how every blast is being shot at the earth. I thought it was made a point to not do that so you don't destroy it. Guess everyone is just holding back a shit ton?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue May 19, 2015 6:10 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I dunno if this was intentionally supposed to be funny, but Goku shot his kamehameha while Vegeta was with Freeza. I just laughed at that. Dude potentially could have hit Vegeta. Also I don't like how every blast is being shot at the earth. I thought it was made a point to not do that so you don't destroy it. Guess everyone is just holding back a shit ton?
They're just controlling the explosion, I guess. Nappa's blast when he arrived on Earth engulfed what it seemed to be a few countries, later when he used it on Goku it was the size of a house.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Doctor. wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:I dunno if this was intentionally supposed to be funny, but Goku shot his kamehameha while Vegeta was with Freeza. I just laughed at that. Dude potentially could have hit Vegeta. Also I don't like how every blast is being shot at the earth. I thought it was made a point to not do that so you don't destroy it. Guess everyone is just holding back a shit ton?
They're just controlling the explosion, I guess. Nappa's blast when he arrived on Earth engulfed what it seemed to be a few countries, later when he used it on Goku it was the size of a house.
Perhaps as that's really the only answer I've got. Doesn't make much sense to me as then Goku should be able to have done the same thing earlier too, and yet before it was suicide to point a kamehameha at the earth.
But the earth has taken a lot of attacks that really shoulda ended it.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue May 19, 2015 6:32 pm

Well the Earth, like Goku's body, is just as durable as the plot requires it to be, no more and no less.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue May 19, 2015 6:53 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Perhaps as that's really the only answer I've got. Doesn't make much sense to me as then Goku should be able to have done the same thing earlier too, and yet before it was suicide to point a kamehameha at the earth.
But the earth has taken a lot of attacks that really shoulda ended it.
RoF takes place over a decade after the Cell Games. It would make sense if Goku has learned to control the explosion of his Kamehameha after a decade of training.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Marco Polo wrote:RoF takes place over a decade after the Cell Games. It would make sense if Goku has learned to control the explosion of his Kamehameha after a decade of training.
How exactly do you control an explosion? You either hold back the force of the attack or aim it elsewhere. Also the kamehameha doesn't always explode either. Sometimes it simply incinerates foes like a beam.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue May 19, 2015 7:09 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:RoF takes place over a decade after the Cell Games. It would make sense if Goku has learned to control the explosion of his Kamehameha after a decade of training.
How exactly do you control an explosion? You either hold back the force of the attack or aim it elsewhere. Also the kamehameha doesn't always explode either. Sometimes it simply incinerates foes like a beam.
Anything can be imagined. Maybe the Kamehameha explodes, resulting in a localized explosion (instead of going through the ground and reaching the planetary core). Maybe the beam loses width over the distance and simply disappears at some point similar to a very looooooooooooooong Vegito's Spirit Sword (or a looooong lightsaber from Star Wars).

In any case, I haven't seen the movie yet but I doubt that after Goku's Kamehameha there is a hole in the ground that extends all the way to the other side of the Earth.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue May 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Awesome. The dub must be close to being finished now. Apparently, Manga UK are about to make an announcement this weekend at the London MCM Comic Con, could it finally be a theatrical "F" announcement?.
If they do, then I'm sure they won't be able to announce any specific dates, at least until FUNi have announced theirs.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 19, 2015 7:27 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:Apparently, Manga UK are about to make an announcement this weekend at the London MCM Comic Con, could it finally be a theatrical "F" announcement?.
Oh man, I really, really, really hope that's the case. Just being able to watch a Dragon Ball Z movie in a UK cinema would be a surreal experience. Please, ROF, come to London cinemas. :D

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:37 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:Apparently, Manga UK are about to make an announcement this weekend at the London MCM Comic Con, could it finally be a theatrical "F" announcement?.
Oh man, I really, really, really hope that's the case. Just being able to watch a Dragon Ball Z movie in a UK cinema would be a surreal experience. Please, ROF, come to London cinemas. :D
I'd totally make the trek to London to see it in cinema.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
I'd totally make the trek to London to see it in cinema.
Well, If Manga do announce "F", best get ready to go Scotland instead :P

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 19, 2015 8:54 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Well, If Manga do announce "F", best get ready to go Scotland instead :P
Man, I don't wanna have to travel all the way to Scotland. It's too damn cold up there. :(

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue May 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Hey, y'all. Just wanted to drop by to post a link to a YouTube video. The artist did the drawing of Yamamuro's Gokû from the theatrical poster. Here it is for your viewing pleasure. http://youtu.be/KmBelv2vvSw
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Tue May 19, 2015 9:02 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Hey, y'all. Just wanted to drop by to post a link to a YouTube video. The artist did the drawing of Yamamuro's Gokû from the theatrical poster. Here it is for your viewing pleasure. http://youtu.be/KmBelv2vvSw
I love spending some time seeing these amazing artists drawing! :clap:

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue May 19, 2015 9:07 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Well the Earth, like Goku's body, is just as durable as the plot requires it to be, no more and no less.
Maybe the Earth trained..?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 19, 2015 9:33 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Hey, y'all. Just wanted to drop by to post a link to a YouTube video. The artist did the drawing of Yamamuro's Gokû from the theatrical poster. Here it is for your viewing pleasure. http://youtu.be/KmBelv2vvSw
Holy shit. That artist is really talented. :clap:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue May 19, 2015 9:47 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Well the Earth, like Goku's body, is just as durable as the plot requires it to be, no more and no less.
The Earth got a zenkai after Buu blew it up.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

chizzielamer
Not-So-Newbie

Post by chizzielamer » Tue May 19, 2015 9:55 pm

If I'm not wrong Goku and control the Kamehameha's trajectory.....?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 19, 2015 9:59 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
The Earth got a zenkai after Buu blew it up.
And thus, Super Perfect Earth, was born.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Tue May 19, 2015 10:17 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: Also I don't like how every blast is being shot at the earth. I thought it was made a point to not do that so you don't destroy it. Guess everyone is just holding back a shit ton?
I've always found DB to be all over the place with this sorta stuff, my only explanation was ki control and intention. Pure Buu could destroy the earth with a shitty little ki blast yet Majin Vegeta's suicide attack vs Majin Buu wasn't really any where near that level. SSJ3 Gotenks ki blasts didnt destroy the earth when they were fired directly at it. There's a lot more but I'm tired. I know that it isn't brilliant but it's the only way I can work around it, and the only reason a severely weakened Freeza can destroy the earth casually but Golden at full power doesn't.