Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:56 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
coola wrote:Sorry for asking here but, i looked at "Many deaths of Goku" thread and..did they really make Sorbet ki shot wound Goku? How...? I really want to like this movie, but, the amount of bullshit they put there, that goes against anything estabilished :(
Yes pretty much.... if it can make you feel better Sorbet's ring is somewhat kinda special, and the blast that was used on pilaf and co was different from what he used on Goku.
It wasn't special. What's proposed here is a theory that some people try to take as fact. It's like when people analyze pixels from when a planet blew up, to try and scale how much force was in the blast. Even though it's all just made to make a scene look cool, and no animator was leaving any clues since they were simply having a planet go boom. It's the same thing here.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:11 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
coola wrote:Sorry for asking here but, i looked at "Many deaths of Goku" thread and..did they really make Sorbet ki shot wound Goku? How...? I really want to like this movie, but, the amount of bullshit they put there, that goes against anything estabilished :(
Yes pretty much.... if it can make you feel better Sorbet's ring is somewhat kinda special, and the blast that was used on pilaf and co was different from what he used on Goku.
It wasn't special. What's proposed here is a theory that some people try to take as fact. It's like when people analyze pixels from when a planet blew up, to try and scale how much force was in the blast. Even though it's all just made to make a scene look cool, and no animator was leaving any clues since they were simply having a planet go boom. It's the same thing here.
1st pict the ring had a hole on the front part, 2nd pict the hole and blast was on the middle. Argh I'm not gonna argue about this anymore, I'm getting tired of the ring laser BS.

xXInfinite026Xx
Beyond Newbie

Post by xXInfinite026Xx » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:29 pm

Not sure if this has been posted on this thread yet, but here's a very recent interview segment of Chris Sabat recording Vegeta lines for "Resurrection F" at Okratron 5000. Even some small sneak peak lines and footage have been shown :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CQpLXlj6vc
My YouTube Channel!
Payne222 wrote:The most overrated character in Dragon Ball is Sasuke. I mean, he can't even go Bankai. How's he gonna be King of the Pirates if he sucks that bad?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:30 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Yes pretty much.... if it can make you feel better Sorbet's ring is somewhat kinda special, and the blast that was used on pilaf and co was different from what he used on Goku.
1st pict the ring had a hole on the front part, 2nd pict the hole and blast was on the middle. Argh I'm not gonna argue about this anymore, I'm getting tired of the ring laser BS.
You can point out similar animation qualities from Kamehameha hand positioning, in the end it's the same thing despite how the hand gestures tend to vary. Once again I'd like to point out that's A THEORY. Theory is not fact, nor should be taken as such.

Like you I don't like talking about it either. I'd rather wait for some more facts if they turn up. What I do hate is misconceptions, and treating a fan theory like it's an actual fact.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:14 pm

Oh coola you have no idea what you have just started...

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:32 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
There is something special about the ring because it was Freeza's plan B in case he lost to Goku, and it managed to pierce through the chest of SSGSS Goku. That's clearly no ordinary laser ring. There was also a clear difference between the first and second time the ring was used; the second time Sorbet was bracing his arm, he was sweating, and there was smoke coming from the ring, none of which happened the first time.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:47 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: There is something special about the ring because it was Freeza's plan B in case he lost to Goku, and it managed to pierce through the chest of SSGSS Goku. That's clearly no ordinary laser ring. There was also a clear difference between the first and second time the ring was used; the second time Sorbet was bracing his arm, he was sweating, and there was smoke coming from the ring, none of which happened the first time.
Sorbet was worried, if he screwed up it was all over. He had one shot so he had to make it count. Hence he sweated and made sure that one shot counted. Also steaming ring means nothing. Plenty of times blaster show steam to look cool after a big moment, or never steam at all.Seen that in Star Wars plenty of times where it alternates. Freeza HIMSELF calls it a MERE beam rifle. When is MERE ever considered something special? So that is what it is. It doesn't even destroy Pilaf's weaponry. Those "points" are nothing but theories. Nothing. Freeza himself confirms this and several other interpretations (Which can also be called theories too) can be made to interpret things differently. You wish to interpret as some hidden difference, which the movie never addresses. This is Dragon Ball. They flat out spell out all most everything. The whole point of the scene is to show a weak attack can overcome even the strongest of people, if they aren't careful. That was what the foreshadowing was about. A special Sinestro Corps ring ruins that message if it was actually something incredible.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:59 pm

The ring has been discussed ad nauseam, and is more appropriate for the respective "In-Universe" thread (where, quite honestly, it's also been done to death). You may wish to review those posts.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:03 am

dbzfan7 wrote: You can point out similar animation qualities from Kamehameha hand positioning, in the end it's the same thing despite how the hand gestures tend to vary. Once again I'd like to point out that's A THEORY. Theory is not fact, nor should be taken as such.

Like you I don't like talking about it either. I'd rather wait for some more facts if they turn up. What I do hate is misconceptions, and treating a fan theory like it's an actual fact.
But it isnt a theory, it clearly shows the blast was very different from what he used on pilaf and Goku, at Pilaf's group it was flick and came from the center of the ring, whereas on Goku it was a laser and came from the front tip of the ring. Freeza claiming that it was a mere blast can be taken both ways, seriously or trashtalking, Freeza always liked to belittle the saiyans. Its how you take it actually. When I said special I didnt mean it in a *its special its more powerful* kind of way, like the picts say thats all, his shot looked different and came from a different spot hence special (okay maybe special isnt the right word). I'm done with this topic so I'll just agree to disagree. Weak or not the point of the foreshadowing was Goku leaves his body fragile when he's off guard.

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:05 am

It's official, the movie will also be shown in France: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/51097-drago ... -france-en
The résistance dies but never gives up.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 am

I so wanna see the movie already. Does anybody know when is the home relese going out?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:46 am

LaRésistance wrote:It's official, the movie will also be shown in France: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/51097-drago ... -france-en
Great news. Now let's hope Germany and Poland will follow

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:16 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote: You can point out similar animation qualities from Kamehameha hand positioning, in the end it's the same thing despite how the hand gestures tend to vary. Once again I'd like to point out that's A THEORY. Theory is not fact, nor should be taken as such.

But it isnt a theory, it clearly shows the blast was very different from what he used on pilaf and Goku, at Pilaf's group it was flick and came from the center of the ring, whereas on Goku it was a laser and came from the front tip of the ring. Freeza claiming that it was a mere blast can be taken both ways, seriously or trashtalking, Freeza always liked to belittle the saiyans. Its how you take it actually. When I said special I didnt mean it in a *its special its more powerful* kind of way, like the picts say thats all, his shot looked different and came from a different spot hence special (okay maybe special isnt the right word). I'm done with this topic so I'll just agree to disagree. Weak or not the point of the foreshadowing was Goku leaves his body fragile when he's off guard.
Guess different hand positions for the Kamehameha mean one explodes and one incinerates right? Also Freeza was trash talking, the point is "Lol Goku a weak attack actually beat you". Still theories and observations being taken as complete fact. Theories don't mean made up bullshit by the way, they can be based on something which you are doing, which is fine. But treating it as straight up fact is silly. But yeah agree to disagree, this isn't the place to discuss this.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:36 pm

xXInfinite026Xx wrote:Not sure if this has been posted on this thread yet, but here's a very recent interview segment of Chris Sabat recording Vegeta lines for "Resurrection F" at Okratron 5000. Even some small sneak peak lines and footage have been shown :)

It had been posted but I was looking for a YouTube link, so thanks :)

I'm not sure what they're getting at but someone tweeted Manga UK before asking about a cinematic release fo F in UK cinemas, and they said they're "having a sort of #DragonBallZ olympics in house to decide that :) you'll know soon! :)"

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:43 pm

BlackCatScott wrote:
xXInfinite026Xx wrote:Not sure if this has been posted on this thread yet, but here's a very recent interview segment of Chris Sabat recording Vegeta lines for "Resurrection F" at Okratron 5000. Even some small sneak peak lines and footage have been shown :)

I'm not sure what they're getting at but someone tweeted Manga UK before asking about a cinematic release fo F in UK cinemas, and they said they're "having a sort of #DragonBallZ olympics in house to decide that :) you'll know soon! :)"
They're really dragging this one out. Even France have confirmed they are giving it a theatrical release next year, all of this teasing is becoming somewhat tiresome.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:56 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:
BlackCatScott wrote:

They're really dragging this one out. Even France have confirmed they are giving it a theatrical release next year, all of this teasing is becoming somewhat tiresome.
That's Manga UK for you.

I can only assume that they haven't finished negotiations. It shouldn't be taking them as long as it is though.

Sigh...

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:19 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Guess different hand positions for the Kamehameha mean one explodes and one incinerates right?
I thought using different hand positions makes it a Hadoken instead of a Kamehameha.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:56 pm

I don't really care about the power aspect of the discussion, but the Kamehameha is a ki attack. What's important is the way the ki is manipulated by the user, not the specific firing method. I mean, we've seen the Kamehameha shot traditionally as a beam, we've seen it fired from the feet, with one hand, as orbs against Freeza, etc. It's still a Kamehameha though. However, Toriyama describes the ring as a ray gun or whatever, which means the different firing positions could theoretically have entirely different functions for the device.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:25 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I don't really care about the power aspect of the discussion, but the Kamehameha is a ki attack. What's important is the way the ki is manipulated by the user, not the specific firing method. I mean, we've seen the Kamehameha shot traditionally as a beam, we've seen it fired from the feet, with one hand, as orbs against Freeza, etc. It's still a Kamehameha though. However, Toriyama describes the ring as a ray gun or whatever, which means the different firing positions could theoretically have entirely different functions for the device.
Yeah...theory. By all means treat it as one. Theories don't mean just making things up, they can be based on evidence. I only hate when theories are treated as fact. By all means it could have different modes. Personally that excuse still wouldn't be good enough for me since that would fix none of my problems, but whatever.

ShadowWolf87
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShadowWolf87 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:02 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I don't really care about the power aspect of the discussion, but the Kamehameha is a ki attack. What's important is the way the ki is manipulated by the user, not the specific firing method. I mean, we've seen the Kamehameha shot traditionally as a beam, we've seen it fired from the feet, with one hand, as orbs against Freeza, etc. It's still a Kamehameha though. However, Toriyama describes the ring as a ray gun or whatever, which means the different firing positions could theoretically have entirely different functions for the device.
Yeah...theory. By all means treat it as one. Theories don't mean just making things up, they can be based on evidence. I only hate when theories are treated as fact. By all means it could have different modes. Personally that excuse still wouldn't be good enough for me since that would fix none of my problems, but whatever.
I'm at a loss as to how Goku's strength being taken into account when making that plan wouldn't fix any of your "problems" but then again I'm not surprised.
"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what." - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird (1960)

“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” - Nelson Mandela