Xenoverse Platform Survey

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Xenoverse Platform Survey

Post by Silkman3003 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:23 pm

Got the PC version. Amazing how much smoother the game looks at 60fps, and even above(Set it to Variable framerate+Set the Refreshrate to 144+ I have a display port. Steam FPS Counter+Fraps says I'm getting 150fps), and it looks amazing on my Asus VG 248 QE Monitor.

It should be obvious due to higher framerates and all , but I can barely go back to watching the PS3+PS4 versions of the gameplay on youtube. Or playing the game at 30fps for the matter.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:17 pm

Silkman3003 wrote:Got the PC version. Amazing how much smoother the game looks at 60fps, and even above(Set it to Variable framerate+Set the Refreshrate to 144+ I have a display port. Steam FPS Counter+Fraps says I'm getting 150fps), and it looks amazing on my Asus VG 248 QE Monitor.

It should be obvious due to higher framerates and all , but I can barely go back to watching the PS3+PS4 versions of the gameplay on youtube. Or playing the game at 30fps for the matter.
Yeah, I can't imagine playing this at 30. The pre-rendered scenes are 30 and it's so horribly jarring with the 60+fps gameplay.

As I said a few pages back, I'm away from my 120Hz monitor at the moment. I cannot wait to get back to that and experience this at double the frame rate I'm playing with now. It's going to be amazing.

I'm actually mindblown that they locked the PS4 and Xbox One versions at 30. Absolutely mindblown. I can guess the reason - it's Toki Toki City online. They can't handle that many people on the screen at 60fps. Rather than lock that area at 30 and have the gameplay at 60, they've locked it entirely. There's no good reason why these consoles can't handle the battles at 60. Absolutely none.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

AlexFili
Beyond Newbie

Post by AlexFili » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:57 pm

I got the PC version and I am very impressed. 60fps, 6 characters at once... it's brilliant. Only problem are the servers being down but they'll get better over time
=
Singer, Swordfighter and Livestreamer

Like Dragonball Z: Legendary Super Warriors for GBC? Check out our Wordpress site which contains all the Character Focus articles and Let's Play Video Links! http://legendarysuperwarriors.wordpress.com/
=

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:35 pm

I got mine on PS4.

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:30 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
Silkman3003 wrote:Got the PC version. Amazing how much smoother the game looks at 60fps, and even above(Set it to Variable framerate+Set the Refreshrate to 144+ I have a display port. Steam FPS Counter+Fraps says I'm getting 150fps), and it looks amazing on my Asus VG 248 QE Monitor.

Yeah, I can't imagine playing this at 30. The pre-rendered scenes are 30 and it's so horribly jarring with the 60+fps gameplay.

As I said a few pages back, I'm away from my 120Hz monitor at the moment. I cannot wait to get back to that and experience this at double the frame rate I'm playing with now. It's going to be amazing.

I'm actually mindblown that they locked the PS4 and Xbox One versions at 30. Absolutely mindblown. I can guess the reason - it's Toki Toki City online. They can't handle that many people on the screen at 60fps. Rather than lock that area at 30 and have the gameplay at 60, they've locked it entirely. There's no good reason why these consoles can't handle the battles at 60. Absolutely none.
Yup. I'm glad that I decided to go with the PC version. It's well worth it.

BTW, not sure if you've seen yet, but DF recently did a comparison between the current gen console versions VS PC versions, and they pretty much agree that it's a very good port and that 1080p60fps should be attainable on a "majority of modern Gaming PC's"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... e-face-off

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:59 pm

I got it on PS4 and i'm glad :) most people i know got the ps4 so we can team up. I love using a ps4 pad (the voices coming through the pad is a great touch as well) and I got season pass day 1 when I picked up game. Now i need my dlc now lol

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:27 am

Got it on PC, the controllers were a bit arse to me at the start but they actually work very well once you get used to it. I will say it's annoying there's no mouse support for any of the menus. But hey, I never thought I'd get a proper DB game on PC that didn't involve an emulator or something so that's not much of an issue for me.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:50 am

Have it finally on PS4. I tried it week before.... *sigh* from Torrent, to try if my PC can handle it. Well it can't. I can emulate PS2 but last video game I ran smoothly on my PC was Force Unleashed II, had trouble with the first one.
I must say that the PS4 controls suit me hell more than PC ones unless you play with gamepad.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:11 am

Got it on Steam (pre-ordered, and I'm glad I did, given the shiny extra stuff). The controls were awkward for the first day or so, but I got used to them.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:43 am

I have the PC version on Steam. I haven't played it much between a mix of computer problems and Pokemon problems.

But I was playing with mouse and keyboard because I didn't think the game supported my 360 controller. Later I realized that may have been because my controller wasn't plugged in. Can't decide whether to stick with keyboard or try controller now.
-Rachel

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:05 am

So I've finally activated Play Station +, so if someone wants to add me, my character name is Dadan (it's nickname from David, that my girlfriend calls me and sounds so funny, that I am using it for giggles in video games).
My playstation name Dynamixx88.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Fri May 29, 2015 7:49 am

Is anyone still playing this one PS3? I need a boosting partner for the big three online trophies (7 wins, 7 endless wins, 7 revives). PSN ID is Gibbeynator, I live in the GMT-4 time zone and I'm good to play any time.

kazamino
Not-So-Newbie

Post by kazamino » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:42 pm

Lance Freeman wrote:Is anyone still playing this one PS3? I need a boosting partner for the big three online trophies (7 wins, 7 endless wins, 7 revives). PSN ID is Gibbeynator, I live in the GMT-4 time zone and I'm good to play any time.
I do...

PSN ID: Krimsonlance

Time Zone: Central... so I guess it's -6 for me?

hardly ever on though, my brother discovered import games and he actually locks up the PS3 when he leaves for work. (don't really mind, it is HIS after all... just wish he'd compromise considering I actually bought his import games)
In a world of approximately seven billion people, the irony is that wandering around... is the fastest way to get noticed

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:51 pm

Got mine on ps3 :D

Sun Wukong
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sun Wukong » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:58 am

Going to get mine's on PC.
"I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post my masters changed. Along with the words they made me speak. With each change, I changed too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Words - can - kill."
—Skull Face

godku23
Beyond Newbie

Post by godku23 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:20 am

Got mine on PS3
My Name is Classic_gamer95
<(-_-<) (>-_-)> Fu...

^(-_-^) (^-_-)^ sion...

(>-_-)> <(-_-<) HA

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27729&start=15600#p886966