will piccolo train/watch-over gohans descendants ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

will piccolo train/watch-over gohans descendants ?

Post by flashback0180 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:54 am

Piccolo can easily live for 400+ years, like gohan he's barley in his 20s.

So obviously he's going live centuries longer than gohan. So do you think he would take the role of Godfather for gohans descendants ?

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: will piccolo train/watch-over gohans descendants ?

Post by supercat » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:40 pm

It depends whether or not the necessity to train would be present. If there is a potential threat on its way, I could see Piccolo gathering up Gohan's descendants for some training sessions. However, during a time of peace, it seems unlikely that Piccolo would seek out a bunch of kids for the purpose of including them in his training regimen.

Despite not likely being involved in their day to day lives, If the kids were in some kind of danger, he would probably show up. Due to his deep bond with Gohan, I could see the Namekian cherishing his former student's descendants.

It also depends on how far down the years we're talking about. Because it seems very plausible for Gohan to raise his kids and grandchildren around his beloved mentor, it's likely Piccolo would be pretty close to them.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:52 pm

flashback0180 wrote:Piccolo can easily live for 400+ years, like gohan he's barley in his 20s.

So obviously he's going live centuries longer than gohan. So do you think he would take the role of Godfather for gohans descendants ?
I could see that happening, though we'll never really get that far. I don't think we'll see any future generations have a meaning.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:53 pm

Well in GT's version of things, he's dead, and there's no indication he ever came back.

In DB Online, though, I think he's still around a few hundred years later. As long as he is, I'm sure he'd be dutifully watching over Gohan's descendants, even if only passively.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

MYSTICisPOWER

Post by MYSTICisPOWER » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:17 pm

I think it be nice if we saw him interact with Pan in Super, Piccolo has always been so great with Kids :lol:

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:25 pm

Piccolo as bald green Hagrid, basically.

Big guy who shows up and scoops up a bunch of random part-Saiyan kids, generations removed from Gohan or anyone else, who grew up without training or knowing why they're weirdly strong and some of them have tails, reveals to them their Saiyanness and then takes them away to a magical school (...okay, it's actually just some random wilderness where they'll have to start fires with ki and fight dinosaurs with swords made out of their own severed tails just to get something to eat, but close enough) to train them.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:42 am

He will watch over his friends' descendants dutifully, and be a great mentor/father/uncle figure by treating them as well as he treated Gohan and co. Specifically, by murdering their parents, kidnapping them, beating them to the point of near death, withholding food from them, and verbally abusing them.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.