"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:13 pm

Saiga wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Finally have all the mentors completed, and I'm enjoying Unlock Potential on my Freeza Clansmen. The Elder Kaioshin is a fun mentor though, and as much as I'd like to go back to Jaco, I think the god will be a permanent thing. The RNG boost is just too valuable (though it doesn't always work even with the message) and he hands out some nice items too. The kid Chi Chi clothes are a bit "eh?", but everything else was stuff I didn't have yet.

I can't help but chuckle at all the people who grinded for the items, and then the Kaioshin is just like "Here, have a Halo / Kaio Wings / Z Sword / Angel Wings". I haven't gotten the normal Angel Wings yet, but I'm sure they'll pop up eventually.
Lucky me, I only had the Kaio Wings and Old Kaioshin gave me all the other three 8D

By the way, what the actual fuck is up with the Kaio wings? I don't remember him being an insect.
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dra ... 0812141538

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:20 pm

Hey, so... um, is it true that the PC version got the World Tournament functionality? Source (not really legit, but still): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... ideModal=1

And if so, when can we expect this to hit consoles?

Also, bonus question: is there a way I can see my total play time on PS3?

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Wow, Unlocked Potential + 2 Levels from Old Kaioshin. Nice. And Potential Unleashed is much better than I thought. You already gain Ki just by punching into thin air and even more when you hit the enemy. Even without Ki regen every race can sustain this transformation almost indefinitely.
Getting to Level 93 was hard but now I can use the fortunetelling again. Befor that Kaioshin just wanted to know if I'm ready for the ritual.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:41 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I have been playing this game since late February and I've dedicated countless hours towards it and through all that gaming time not ONCE have I ran into Freeza to request him as my master. I literally cannot find him. I'm convinced that he doesn't exist in my game.
The RNG has not been kind to you, at all.

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:43 pm

shadd21 wrote:Anyone knows how to unlock the CC jacket with the cape or the Son Wukong outfit? I've see other players wearing them online but none of the PQs seem to offer them as rewards.
I can't remember how you get the jacket with the cape (despite having it...yeah, I haven't played in a bloody while), but the Sun Wukong outfit I believe is gained through a specific wish on the Dragon Balls?
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:46 pm

You get the CC with Cape and the rest of that outfit from that robot in that Group in Toki Toki City that imitates the Ginyus Force.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

SergioM3

Post by SergioM3 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Event Quest #3 : The Emperors Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3sg0Nflf8s

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:45 pm

Xaroc wrote:You get the CC with Cape and the rest of that outfit from that robot in that Group in Toki Toki City that imitates the Ginyus Force.
But you have to finish the storyline and talk with the blue-name NPCs enough times before the robot gives it to you.

Well, the second part is trial and error speculation, but it's made the difference for a lot of people, including me.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:00 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I have been playing this game since late February and I've dedicated countless hours towards it and through all that gaming time not ONCE have I ran into Freeza to request him as my master. I literally cannot find him. I'm convinced that he doesn't exist in my game.
Did you train with Ginyu? Freeza is one of the mentors that has conditions that need to be met before he'll show up.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:03 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Did you train with Ginyu? Freeza is one of the mentors that has conditions that need to be met before he'll show up.
Well that probably explains it. I haven't trained with Ginyu at all. I wish the game tells me this kind of stuff (if it does then I probably didn't notice it).

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:45 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Well that probably explains it. I haven't trained with Ginyu at all. I wish the game tells me this kind of stuff (if it does then I probably didn't notice it).
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/dragon-bal ... nge-420837
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:42 am

Has their been any news about Demigra becoming playable?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:57 am

No, and this last DLC pack was marketed as the last one, too. So it seems like he just might not be making the cut at all.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:59 am

I like that Demigra is unplayable. It makes him feel different and we never had a unplayable boss besides the giant size characters.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:05 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:No, and this last DLC pack was marketed as the last one, too. So it seems like he just might not be making the cut at all.
Oh well thats a shame. It would have have been nice to play as the only pure magic user who's as powerful as the heroes and can actually fight his own battles.

Fingers crossed for last minute DLC, Xenoverse 2 or even Heroes.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I like that Demigra is unplayable. It makes him feel different and we never had a unplayable boss besides the giant size characters.
I personally never liked the idea of unplayable characters in fighting games, I never saw the point really. Why stop people from us playing as them. That would be like never being able to play as M.Bison or Goro ever.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:That would be like never being able to play as M.Bison or Goro ever.
The Street Fighter bosses weren't playable until the Turbo update, and the Mortal Kombat bosses weren't playable until Trilogy on the PS1/N64.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:06 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I like that Demigra is unplayable. It makes him feel different and we never had a unplayable boss besides the giant size characters.
Except that we have voice files suggesting he was going to be as he has 1V1 quotes with Beerus, Whis, Mira, and other characters.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:25 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Except that we have voice files suggesting he was going to be as he has 1V1 quotes with Beerus, Whis, Mira, and other characters.
Perhaps he'll be playable in Xenoverse 2, but only can be made available as a secret character you have to unlock.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:25 pm

Seems like every PQ is at Pod Landing and why do Kai keep calling me a "HER". :problem: