So damn confused !

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheLegend23
Beyond Newbie

So damn confused !

Post by TheLegend23 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:55 pm

So I read the first chapter of Dragon Ball Super and I'm hella confused. Beerus talks about the super saiyan God like he had never met goku. I understand this takes place after the buu Saga, but so did BOG and ROF. Does this make those two movies non canon like the rest of the Dragon Ball films? I'm sorry if this is an inappropriate place to put this topic but please help me understand what's goodie with this timeline placement !

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: So damn confused !

Post by B » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:17 am

Nobody knows yet. There's only one chapter out, which is likely one-third, or even less, of the first episode.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:46 am

Just give it time and it will be explained. We only have one chapter out.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:39 am

The current, general assumption is that the staff desires to have a continuous story that doesn't alienate any of the potential audience. So the post Buu Arc material from the last couple years might be getting readapted for the TV broadcast, that way they don't have to worry about, and potentially confuse, people who may not have seen said content by weaving around established stories from outside Super.

None of this is confirmed though and, as others have said, we'll just have to wait and see if that's what they are actually doing.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:39 am

This discussion would be better suited for (and is already taking place in!) the respective forum sub-section. Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::