"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:05 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote:
GokuRules987 wrote:So do you guys think it would be cool if Goku were to get a new ability like being able to breathe in space or reality warp to some extend, maybe he unlocks a different sense thru meditating with whis and able to move and fight without needing to use his brain so send signals to his muscles. Similar to what Whis told him during their training that he's simply to slow.
I really wish people would stop talking about, "the ability to breath in space." I want everyone to stop and just think about it.

What is breathing? You suck air into your lungs. But what is space? A vast space of just...nothing. There's literally nothing in space to breathe, so I don't understand why people continue to say, "breathe in space."

Individuals such as Freeza can survive in space, but "surviving in space" has a totally different meaning than "breathing in space". Heck, even look in the comics world. Numerous Superman issues state that, before traveling into space, he stores tons of oxygen deep inside of his lungs and blood cells before venturing on long journeys.

So please, stop using the phrase "breathe in space". It's literally not possible.
Breathe is Space is just a quick way of saying survive in space without suffocating, the majority of people know what you mean when you say breathe in space and the fact their is no air to truly breathe.
"Breathe in space".

"Survive in space".

Not seeing exactly how it's a "shorter way".

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:21 am

Yeah thats what I am saying. I think its possible for Goku to survive in the vacuum of space simply because there are other ways that he could get oxygen from. Maybe he could convert ki or energy into an oxygen and breathe that way.They could also communicate thru their minds but perhaps Its possible for Toriyama to even override the laws of reality, logic and common sense if he wanted too because he's the author of dragon ball.

Anyone read the latest DBS chapter? How was Beerus and Whis where able to talk to each other after destroying the planet and literally floating in the vacuum of space?
They wouldn't be able to hear each other! But hey its dragon ball, real logic and laws dont really apply to it.
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:00 am

GokuRules987 wrote:They could also communicate thru their minds
I don't think that's too far-fetched. A few characters have been shown to have telepathy to some degree.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:08 am

FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote:So do you guys think it would be cool if Goku were to get a new ability like being able to breathe in space or reality warp to some extend, maybe he unlocks a different sense thru meditating with whis and able to move and fight without needing to use his brain so send signals to his muscles. Similar to what Whis told him during their training that he's simply to slow.
I really wish people would stop talking about, "the ability to breath in space." I want everyone to stop and just think about it.

What is breathing? You suck air into your lungs. But what is space? A vast space of just...nothing. There's literally nothing in space to breathe, so I don't understand why people continue to say, "breathe in space."

Individuals such as Freeza can survive in space, but "surviving in space" has a totally different meaning than "breathing in space". Heck, even look in the comics world. Numerous Superman issues state that, before traveling into space, he stores tons of oxygen deep inside of his lungs and blood cells before venturing on long journeys.

So please, stop using the phrase "breathe in space". It's literally not possible.
Breathe is Space is just a quick way of saying survive in space without suffocating, the majority of people know what you mean when you say breathe in space and the fact their is no air to truly breathe.
"Breathe in space".

"Survive in space".

Not seeing exactly how it's a "shorter way".
Because the reason you can't survive in space is because you can't breath so if something can survive in space it is an automatic response to type they can breathe in space despite Space having no oxygen. I know that there is nothing to breathe in space but when I'm discussing the survival in space topic I still use the word breathe as that is the only reason saiyans can't really be in space.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:13 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Quebaz wrote: They're going to dub both BoG and RoF in late 2015 and then move on to Super in 2016. BELIEVE! NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
You're believing too much, man xD
It's possible, though. It would really be asinine to air FnF before KtK but whatever, as long as the movies come here. Dubbed versions, though... :?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:03 am

The Heroes website offered us our first look at the Dragon Ball Super Start Guide:

Nothing grand. There are a few new images, but they are really hard to make out.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kakarotto92
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakarotto92 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:17 am

Don't really like how unproportionally thin/small Shanpa's arms and shoulders are next to his big torso. I know this is how Toriyama draws limbs nowadays but Yamamuro could have tweaked the design a bit so it doesn't look so odd.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:21 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The Heroes website offered us our first look at the Dragon Ball Super Start Guide:

Nothing grand. There are a few new images, but they are really hard to make out.
Looks like new outfits for Bulma and Vegeta? :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:21 am

Kakarotto92 wrote:
Don't really like how unproportionally thin/small Shanpa's arms and shoulders are next to his big torso. I know this is how Toriyama draws limbs nowadays but Yamamuro could have tweaked the design a bit so it doesn't look so odd.
I don't think it's anatomically incorrect. He sort of reminds me of my old boss. who had a needle-thin frame, but a pronounced beer-gut. It's probably how I'll look by middle age. :lol:
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:23 am

Toriyama is still capable of drawing larger muscles on characters he wants to have them. Golden Freeza has muscles almost the same as characters like Goku in the old days, and Gyumao arms in his Battle of Gods art are huge as well. So if he really wanted Champa to have bigger arms to fit his larger body, he easily could have done so.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:37 am

Anything new over the past week or so?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:41 am

I wonder if that's Vegeta's leather jacket in that one tiny screenshot.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:41 am

Kakarotto92 wrote:Image
Am I the only one that has a problem with Goku's pose in that piece of promo art? It looks so awkward... He isn't really doing anything, and his right arm is just flailing.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

DisapprovingOwl
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DisapprovingOwl » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:16 am

Looks like Champa's female Whis-alike associate might have her name revealed on the Super Start Guide cover. Shame the image isn't larger so that it's clearly legible! = S

Also, even though it's tiny I'm liking the look of the blue shirt/jacket thing that Vegeta's wearing in that one shot. New casual clothes are always fun to see! = D

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:26 am

DisapprovingOwl wrote:Looks like Champa's female Whis-alike associate might have her name revealed on the Super Start Guide cover. Shame the image isn't larger so that it's clearly legible! = S

Also, even though it's tiny I'm liking the look of the blue shirt/jacket thing that Vegeta's wearing in that one shot. New casual clothes are always fun to see! = D
Are you talking about that image with both of them? It just says "mysterious characters".

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:34 am

Gohan is wearing a different outfit.

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:45 am

shinmaru wrote:Gohan is wearing a different outfit.
Looks like it, yeah...is that Videl next to him? It's kinda hard to make out.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

DisapprovingOwl
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DisapprovingOwl » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:50 am

alakazam^ wrote:Are you talking about that image with both of them? It just says "mysterious characters".
Ah, thanks - apologies. Thought we might have something there - nothing to see here, then!
Captain Space wrote:
Isn't that just the shot of Gohan & Videl walking that's been seen in the 15-second trailer? The layout, buildings etc all look identical from what I can see.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:53 am

DisapprovingOwl wrote:
Captain Space wrote:
Isn't that just the shot of Gohan & Videl walking that's been seen in the 15-second trailer? The layout, buildings etc all look identical from what I can see.
It is.

Nad45

Post by Nad45 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:58 am

I hope we'll see a Ultimate Gohan Vs Goku SSj3 fight.
I'm sure that after Buu saga Goku would want to try his son's new power and train with him like the good old time.