Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:37 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Probably a re-release of this thing?

He's different than mine (I have the DXF one). The hair sculpt isn't floaty and they might have gotten the hair color right this time.

EDIT: Yeah, different hair, shoes, coloring, and expression on his face.

DXF ssjg Gokû:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:26 pm

I like this one better, (if the picture is the same as the actual figure) kind of glad I didn't pick up the DXF one now :) Anyone know the release date?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:24 pm

I'm torn because I like the wavy hair on the DXF, but this new one actually looks like it might have the magenta, so...
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:28 pm

I know I'm pretty late to the party, but are the SH Figurarts still around? I'm looking to start collecting them.

I already have the Master Stars Vegetto, and would really love the others (There's 5 others...I think)?

Are the Figurarts worth it? I saw that Dimension of DB line but they're a little too pricey for my tastes.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:36 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:I know I'm pretty late to the party, but are the SH Figurarts still around? I'm looking to start collecting them.
Yes, they are still around.

I recommend you buy them if you're one who enjoys articulated figures. Also suggest you start buying up what you can and pre-order any figures that are still able to be since most of the line are web exclusives, which means no re-releases.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:38 pm

The only retail release DBZ figuarts are SSj Goku, Piccolo, SSj Gohan and the upcoming Awaken Goku. Once web exclusives are gone then they are gone. They can't be reissued unless they do some repaint edition like the upcoming figuarts of SSj Vegeta and Trunks. Even the upcoming Godzilla 1964 MonsterArts figure is a repaint since the original G64 figure was a web exclusive in Japan.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:34 am

Gonstead wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:I know I'm pretty late to the party, but are the SH Figurarts still around? I'm looking to start collecting them.
Yes, they are still around.

I recommend you buy them if you're one who enjoys articulated figures. Also suggest you start buying up what you can and pre-order any figures that are still able to be since most of the line are web exclusives, which means no re-releases.
Hellspawn28 wrote:The only retail release DBZ figuarts are SSj Goku, Piccolo, SSj Gohan and the upcoming Awaken Goku. Once web exclusives are gone then they are gone. They can't be reissued unless they do some repaint edition like the upcoming figuarts of SSj Vegeta and Trunks. Even the upcoming Godzilla 1964 MonsterArts figure is a repaint since the original G64 figure was a web exclusive in Japan.
Well that really sucks for me then. Only three in retail?? I just checked online and some are $100+! Cell was $250 on Amazon which sucks cause I really wanted him. Is there a site where I can get them cheaper?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:51 pm

On Mandarake, you might be lucky enough to find a cheaper price on them. I think they could do SHF Super Perfect Cell if they want do another Perfect Cell figuart. It would be normal SHF Perfect Cell but with a lighter paint job and comes with lightning aura that you can put around the figure. It could also come with the Kamehameha effect piece that the original did and maybe even come with a death beam effect piece as well.
She/Her

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:02 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:On Mandarake, you might be lucky enough to find a cheaper price on them. I think they could do SHF Super Perfect Cell if they want do another Perfect Cell figuart. It would be normal SHF Perfect Cell but with a lighter paint job and comes with lightning aura that you can put around the figure. It could also come with the Kamehameha effect piece that the original did and maybe even come with a death beam effect piece as well.
The only chance of something like that happening would be like with the new Premium Edition versions of Trunks and Vegeta coming out.
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:19 pm

Premium Edition versions of SHF SSj3 Goku and Saiyan Saga Vegeta would be cool too. If they do Freeza's 4th form again as a figuart then I could see them doing SHF Cyborg Freeza since they can reuse the mold of Freeza's body. I guess it's possible that they could reuse Freeza's body if they do SHF Coola's 4th form. However I think SHF Coola's final form would likely sell better though.
She/Her

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Some more "F" figures from Banpresto this time from the SCultures line:
Finally some Super stuff is showing up:

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:00 am

Oh man... really want that Goku and Freeza... hopefully HLJ will get them.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:57 pm

Does anyone know where WCF figures can be ordered? I really want the new Revival of F Goku and Vegeta.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:08 am

Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:32 am

A toy in the wrong category? The name seems to belong to a new combined mech in Shuriken Sentai Ninninger...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:36 am

Dang... was hoping for some bizarre Dragon Ball mech.

email2003
Beyond Newbie

Post by email2003 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:52 pm

I'm a big fan of the Bandai HG Gashapon Figures. I just bought a SSJ Vegito and Freeza and though they're small but I love how very detailed they are. I would like to buy some more and I'm looking for Perfect Cell and Beerus. Is there a site, besides ebay, where I can buy these at that is legit?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:52 am

email2003 wrote:I'm a big fan of the Bandai HG Gashapon Figures. I just bought a SSJ Vegito and Freeza and though they're small but I love how very detailed they are. I would like to buy some more and I'm looking for Perfect Cell and Beerus. Is there a site, besides ebay, where I can buy these at that is legit?
You can try Yahoo Auctions Japan or Mandarake.

For YAJ, you'll need a middle-man service. I recommend http://zenmarket.jp/

With Mandarake, you can search in both Japanese and English but searching in Japanese will obviously bring up more results.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:05 pm

Here's a look at the new Awakening Goku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYZtU-zabnE

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:03 am

Huh. I wonder how this:
https://www.hlj.com/product/BNP49687/Fig

Compares to this:
For the record, I own the latter and the holes in the feet don't seem to line up with the stumps on the base. Does anyone else have the same issue or have I received the wrong base with mine? Unless it's meant to be like this...?