Sparking! characters update.

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:13 am

Indeed. Vegeta's 'Final Explosion' proved that 1 hit kill Ultimates work. Mafuba for Roshi and Dead Zone for Garlic Jr.! Maybe even a "Makes planet go boom-boom" attack for Freeza/Cooler/Kid Buu or something...
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:31 am

Xyex wrote:Indeed. Vegeta's 'Final Explosion' proved that 1 hit kill Ultimates work. Mafuba for Roshi and Dead Zone for Garlic Jr.! Maybe even a "Makes planet go boom-boom" attack for Freeza/Cooler/Kid Buu or something...
A "Makes planet go boom-boom" attack was even in Supersonic Warriors on GBA. You can use it with Freeza. I think he throws a Death Ball or something into the planet, then a countdown starts. If the countdown reaches 0, Freeza wins automatically.

yamiiguy

Post by yamiiguy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:09 am

hopefully Master Roshi will be in the game this could be his move set:

Death Move - Kamehameha
Death Move 2 - World Surprise Attack
Dragon Rush - Super Kamehameha
Ultimate Attack - Mafuba Wave
Transformation - Bulk Up

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:02 pm

Leotaku wrote:
Xyex wrote:Indeed. Vegeta's 'Final Explosion' proved that 1 hit kill Ultimates work. Mafuba for Roshi and Dead Zone for Garlic Jr.! Maybe even a "Makes planet go boom-boom" attack for Freeza/Cooler/Kid Buu or something...
A "Makes planet go boom-boom" attack was even in Supersonic Warriors on GBA. You can use it with Freeza. I think he throws a Death Ball or something into the planet, then a countdown starts. If the countdown reaches 0, Freeza wins automatically.
Ya. But if the did that, they'd need to adjust it. The likes of the Androids, Cell, and Cooler would still exist and the fight would continue in space.
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:33 pm

yamiiguy wrote:hopefully Master Roshi will be in the game this could be his move set:

Death Move - Kamehameha
Death Move 2 - World Surprise Attack
Dragon Rush - Super Kamehameha
Ultimate Attack - Mafuba Wave
Transformation - Bulk Up
I don't think they'd give him a tansformation since his bulk-up would better suit being shown for the Maxi Kamehame-Ha. Basicly after Dragon Rushing, they could have Roshi suddenly bust out of his vest like in Movie 8, do the Maxi Kamehame-Ha, and after the blast finishes, they could show a quick clip of him on the ground buttoning on a new vest.
14 years later

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:59 pm

Yeah that could work. But doesn't he balk up to do the 'evil contanment wave' ? I don't remember if he did or if he didn't.

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:14 pm

"evil contanment wave"? :?

Oh, Mafuba (Blue Water called it Mafuba). He makes a number of hand jestures but he doesn't bulk up. He only does that for the KameHameHa he used against the Ox King's castle.

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:08 pm

I think they called it 'evil contanment wave' in the English dub. And he also bulked up to blow up the moon :P.

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:47 pm

Did he... Now that I think about it, I think you're right.

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by askani son » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:50 pm

Yep. "Jackie Chun" looks like he's gonna hit goku (Oozaru) with the Kamehameha but hits the moon instead.
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

tealsmith
Beyond Newbie

Post by tealsmith » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:15 pm

ChaotixXero wrote:I think they called it 'evil contanment wave' in the English dub.
Not as far as I remember. Maybe it's different in the Canadian dub (as it often is) but I remember it being called the 'Mafuba Wave'.
"My heart, it ceases. My breath, undrawn. My eyes forever focussed - on the sanguine metal dawn." - Caduca, Thief II: The Metal Age

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:26 pm

FUNi changed it to Evil Containment Wave.
<Xyex> Good point.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:59 pm

Xyex wrote:
Leotaku wrote:
Ya. But if the did that, they'd need to adjust it. The likes of the Androids, Cell, and Cooler would still exist and the fight would continue in space.
I figure they would just do it so that the destruction of the planet in the big explosion is what kills the opponent, not the fact that the planet is gone, and there's no oxygen left.

yamiiguy

Post by yamiiguy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:11 am

Will any Neko Majin characters be in this game since one of them appered in Budokai 2?

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:47 am

That would fucking rule to be able to play as Z, Kuriza and Lord Onio.

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:56 pm

Neko Majin characters would be excellent, though unlikely as only a handful of Western DBZ are aware of the series. Maybe if Viz released the graphic novel before the game's release or before any sequal that may happen.
tealsmith wrote:Not as far as I remember. Maybe it's different in the Canadian dub (as it often is) but I remember it being called the 'Mafuba Wave'.
Blue Water called it Mafuba. I never heard of "Evil Containment Wave" until I played Piccolo's story in SSW and when I saw that post.