What do you guys think of Brian Drummond's Vegeta?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Singh is King
Beyond Newbie

Re: What do you guys think of Brian Drummond's Vegeta?

Post by Singh is King » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:10 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote:
In any event, since the dub altered the character's personalities to varying degrees, the wiki, which revolves around the dub, is not a good source to go to for truly accurate descriptions of the characters. To give you an idea, a now-deleted section of Freeza's entry at one point had a sentence in the main body of the article which read, "Freeza has been described as a 'badass motherf***er'-type villain."
Wow, that's terrible: it's not even an actual point about the character, just an opinion.

Ree
Regular

Post by Ree » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:10 pm

"Freeza has been described as a 'badass motherf***er'-type villain."

that sounds like something from a parody wiki!
DEFINITELY wont use it now.
Badass Metabee avatar created by Endless-warr!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:39 pm

I don't hate it, but I don't like it. He sounds too snake-like imho. His screams are good though

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:24 pm

While I do think Sabat's Kai performance is technically better, I always preferred Drummond for having more presence. I can understand why people would hate his voice because it's too high-pitched. If he had used his Zechs Marquise voice throughout the entirety of the dub, then I'm sure he wouldn't be that hated.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:44 pm

Nope. I heard it once and it sounded like the lovechild of Master Roshi and Mr Satan.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:56 pm

floofychan333 wrote:Nope. I heard it once and it sounded like the lovechild of Master Roshi and Mr Satan.
Drummond sounds nothing like a lovechild of Roshi and Satan. He just sounds high-pitched.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:40 pm

Please double-check the date of the last post made before contributing, yourself.

Necroposting is frowned upon. You are totally free to open up discussion again by creating a new thread.

Thanks! :thumbup:
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.