Is what FUNimation did so horrible?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.
Locked
User avatar
Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6331
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 am
Location: Namek

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:01 am

"Yet you never fought to kill, or for revenge, only to test your limits, to push yourself beyond them, to become the strongest you can possibly be. How can a Saiyan fight like that and yet be so gentle that he wouldn't hurt a fly?"

Thanks, that's the quote I was looking for.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

User avatar
NeptuneKai
I Live Here
Posts: 3576
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:51 pm

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:02 am

penguintruth wrote:First, Rocketman, DBZ Uncensored was proven wrong ONCE when a line was actually in the original. Out of the hundreds of times of being right.
...well I mean there was the whole "DID HE JUST SAY GOKU'S WIG WAS GONE WHAT THE HELL!?...oh he said ring? *cough* erm...well"
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

User avatar
B
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5563
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:15 am
Contact:

Post by B » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:04 am

SSVegetto wrote:Well, I found myself more emotional when watching the English dub. It's like they improved Akira Toriyama's story. Not so much it that it actually changes the show. I mean Vegeta still dies. Vegeta is still arrogant and grumpy. That is still minor to me. It's still the same show to me.
Well, that's nice to know, but in normal people land, things that are not the same are different. Somebody crying because they're misunderstood is not the same as someone ashamed of their failure. Someone pissed off that their best friend was killed and exacting vengence is not the same as a selfless hero protecting the light and eviscerating the cold darkness of evil. Two plus two does not equal McDonald's chicken fish sandwich. Never has been, never will be.

(Fuck, you're a troll, this goddamn thread wasn't even about the dub...)
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

User avatar
Innagadadavida
I Live Here
Posts: 3480
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Arkansas, USA

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:07 am

It's not hard to be a troll at Daizex. Just say something positive about a controversial dub moment and watch the nerd fury. It really is just the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. I don't know how people manage to stay here for years and years.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 18917
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: 🏳️‍⚧️🍉

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:08 am

Innagadadavida wrote:I don't know how people manage to stay here for years and years.
You learn to gloss over it.


Not that I don't agree the dub is pretty damn far from being good or accurate.
💙💜💖 She/Her 💙💜💖
6–4, 3–6, 6–1, 3–6, 6–3

User avatar
NeptuneKai
I Live Here
Posts: 3576
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:51 pm

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:10 am

Innagadadavida wrote:It's not hard to be a troll at Daizex. Just say something positive about a controversial dub moment and watch the nerd fury. It really is just the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. I don't know how people manage to stay here for years and years.
It's gotten so bad I've more or less given up on discussing it. I'd much rather argue to nausea about Kai's questionable quality. :wink:
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

User avatar
B
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5563
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:15 am
Contact:

Post by B » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:11 am

Innagadadavida wrote:It really is just the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
You'd think people would take the hint...
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

User avatar
Innagadadavida
I Live Here
Posts: 3480
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:25 am
Location: Arkansas, USA

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:12 am

NeptuneKai wrote:It's gotten so bad I've more or less given up on discussing it. I'd much rather argue to nausea about Kai's questionable quality. :wink:
I suppose we gotta let everybody get it out of their system. I mean, I was all "WHAT! THE DUBS NOT THAT BAD GUYZ. *cries quietly in defeat*" at first. And I know YOU were like "LAWL YES IT IS!" at one point too.

User avatar
NeptuneKai
I Live Here
Posts: 3576
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:51 pm

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:17 am

Innagadadavida wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:It's gotten so bad I've more or less given up on discussing it. I'd much rather argue to nausea about Kai's questionable quality. :wink:
I suppose we gotta let everybody get it out of their system. I mean, I was all "WHAT! THE DUBS NOT THAT BAD GUYZ. *cries quietly in defeat*" at first. And I know YOU were like "LAWL YES IT IS!" at one point too.
Well my responses were a little more like "*foams at mouth and mocks everybody like a 3rd grader*" but more or less I agree. :lol:

I think the mods just have to nip this sort of thing in the bud ASAP. They try to but I think they are a little too lenient on the warnings. This kind of thing will never go away so long as there are new members constantly joining each not knowing we've discussed this topic to death. We just need a sticky telling everybody dub vs. sub debates won't be accepted anywhere.
Last edited by NeptuneKai on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

User avatar
Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6331
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:02 am
Location: Namek

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:18 am

B wrote:
Innagadadavida wrote:It really is just the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
You'd think people would take the hint...
It's hard to see through those clouds! I hope we can get rid of them... get da hint?

:lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 940
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:05 pm

Post by Dr. Casey » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:18 am

Innagadadavida wrote:Just say something positive about a controversial dub moment and watch the nerd fury.
I miss Saiyan-Professor.

User avatar
bkev
I Live Here
Posts: 2540
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Twitter. Tweet-Tweet.

Post by bkev » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:20 am

This thread wasn't even about the dub. I still don't get it guys.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

User avatar
Kaboom
Moderator
Posts: 14524
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:07 pm

Post by Kaboom » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:20 am

bkev wrote:I still don't get it guys.
Me neither.
[ BlueSky | Bsky: DBS Plots | DeviantArt | Twitter (Depreciated) ]

[PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader | Switch FC: SW-4304-7361-2824 | ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone") ]

Powar Levuls! — DBZ | Movies & Specials | GT

Locked