Old characters you want to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Old characters you want to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:52 am

How about Future Trunks?

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:57 am

Doctor. wrote:How about Future Trunks?
With Toei/Toriyama's current obsession with potato-sized Trunks? So not happening lol

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:45 am

Lunch. Even if she only appears in small parts.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:06 pm

I'd love him. Every time he appears, things get depressing and dark. Androids, Cell, Broly, Bojack, etc. He has a great track record.

Kids like Gohan also get growth spurts; everyone just becomes a man.

I can see it now...
Last edited by fadeddreams5 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:09 pm

Well, to be fair, Toei movies always make things dark anyway without the help from Future Trunks :lol:

I'd be curious to see an arc with everyone on Trunks' timeline, similar to how Shin Budokai 2 did it, but with a new villain instead of Boo. It'd be neat to see F. Trunks and 18 interact :lol:

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:30 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:
I'd love him. Every time he appears, things get depressing and dark. Androids, Cell, Broly, Bojack, etc. He has a great track record.

Kids like Gohan also get growth spurts; everyone just becomes a man.

I can see it now...
You just portrayed an entire scene in my head so perfectly.

I'd love to see Mirai Trunks again. He always had a way of making things interesting.
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:04 am

I want to see the gathering of the Z-warriors from Cell saga, no wives, no animals, no overpowered annoying ass brats.

Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Chaozu, Yamcha, Tien, Krillin aaand Future Trunks.

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:26 pm

Jaetinh wrote:I want to see the gathering of the Z-warriors from Cell saga, no wives, no animals, no overpowered annoying ass brats.

Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Chaozu, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Krillin aaand Future Trunks.
Lol. I'm sure if the recent movie had been "Fukkatsu no C" and Cell was revived, you'd see all those characters on the cover poster.
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:38 pm

I'd rather not have Cell come back because, imo, Cell was Gohan's villain. and if we got a Revival of Cell movie gohan wouldn't be the main guy, Goku would be the one to fight cell and defeat him.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Ushabtis wrote:I'd rather not have Cell come back because, imo, Cell was Gohan's villain. and if we got a Revival of Cell movie gohan wouldn't be the main guy, Goku would be the one to fight cell and defeat him.
Cell had a stronger connection with Goku and Trunks. Gohan had little to no connection with him prior to the Cell Games. Just happened to be the one to kill him (one of them had to).
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Mr.Lilly

Post by Mr.Lilly » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Hey Everyone!
It is I, Mr. Lilly. I have finally arrived to the Kanzenshuu Forums.

As far as Dragon Ball Super, I'd like to see Pan as a character. I don't think we'll see much of her at all, considering the time in which Dragon Ball Super is intended to take place within the timeline (I'm thinking it's between BoG and Fukkatsu No "F", but I could be wrong. Hoping it's after Fukkatsu No "F").
I'd like to see Pan as a character similar to Kid Goku, but a little more technical, however still retaining a Tomboy personality. She trains a lot to become the strongest, or is at least trained by Goku or Gohan, (Or even Goten! But.... taking into consideration how young he and Trunks look in the newest trailer, and how young they are, I seriously doubt they'll be training anyone, or anything for that matter.) so she could be really cool.

Since she is almost guaranteed not to be an option, I would also like to see character development of Trunks and Goten. I'm talking "Gohan DBZ Style", where they grow, they become even stronger and more aware of the world around them, and grow to be teenagers, (Hell, even defeat a possible Villain...? Eh?) and hopefully at least 18 by the end of Super.

And of course, I just want to see Goku being Classic Goku and Vegeta being Classic Vegeta. :wink:
"You forgot I'm Hard-Headed, Stubborn, and I Don't Listen." - Deion Lilly

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:27 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Cell had a stronger connection with Goku and Trunks.
i don't know. Trunks was pretty much Raditz. He introduced us to the new arc and did little after (way more than raditz did mind you). Only thing that felt like goku had a connection was the Red Ribbon Army part but other than that the androids were their own thing. then Cell came out of no where and then the saga continued on. Some might say well cell wanted to fight goku. well Cell wanted to be perfection, and everyone thought Goku was #1 at the time. Then this is where i believe cell was Gohan's villain because it was the scene where Gohan became a man/hero as it were.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:41 am

Ushabtis wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Cell had a stronger connection with Goku and Trunks.
i don't know. Trunks was pretty much Raditz. He introduced us to the new arc and did little after (way more than raditz did mind you). Only thing that felt like goku had a connection was the Red Ribbon Army part but other than that the androids were their own thing. then Cell came out of no where and then the saga continued on. Some might say well cell wanted to fight goku. well Cell wanted to be perfection, and everyone thought Goku was #1 at the time. Then this is where i believe cell was Gohan's villain because it was the scene where Gohan became a man/hero as it were.
Cell literally killed Trunks twice. If that's not a connection, I don't know what is.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:42 pm

Future Trunks has no reason to return unless something bad happens in the future. Having him show up just to say hi would come off lazy and feel like bad fan service. That's why I hate when most AF fan fictions bring back Future Trunks. The fan writers bring him back just because he was cool and has no context to the story.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:48 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Future Trunks has no reason to return unless something bad happens in the future. Having him show up just to say hi would come off lazy and feel like bad fan service. That's why I hate when most AF fan fictions bring back Future Trunks.
I agree there's no real reason for Future Trunks to show up. He's from a different time. but I would like to see how his time line is doing though, i wonder if he ever wished back gohan?

Mr.Lilly

Post by Mr.Lilly » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Ushabtis wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Future Trunks has no reason to return unless something bad happens in the future. Having him show up just to say hi would come off lazy and feel like bad fan service. That's why I hate when most AF fan fictions bring back Future Trunks.
I agree there's no real reason for Future Trunks to show up. He's from a different time. but I would like to see how his time line is doing though, i wonder if he ever wished back gohan?
Hello, it is I, Mr. Lilly!
That would be really interesting to see, now that you've brought that up! How do you think Toriyama would portray it, in terms of Presentation? Of course, this is a hypothetical situation, but maybe a short film or OVA? That's the only way i see it.
"You forgot I'm Hard-Headed, Stubborn, and I Don't Listen." - Deion Lilly

SMKirbyZX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SMKirbyZX » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:38 am

This may be an odd answer, but I really want to see Arale-chan return.

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:29 pm

Yamcha, I miss seeing him in new anime.
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka

Sun Wukong
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sun Wukong » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:16 am

Pretty much he is the only viable candidate. The others are nice as a gimmick but of no real relevance to the story.
"I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post my masters changed. Along with the words they made me speak. With each change, I changed too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Words - can - kill."
—Skull Face

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:21 pm

Do I really have to say, it seems I've already got my wish granted and I didnt even need the dragon balls 8).