"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:48 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:given this broly isnt his big green version, I wonder if we will get a part 2 broly set with more saiyans and content from the film. Beets was very out of the blue, but I'm wondering if we will see kid goku, raditz, vegeta and broly, perhaps BR versions of Bardock's squad or other things to come?
Kid vegeta: BR and kid raditz: BR are in but don’t have cards yet, also kid Goku: BR has been shown off in promo material

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:58 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:given this broly isnt his big green version, I wonder if we will get a part 2 broly set with more saiyans and content from the film. Beets was very out of the blue, but I'm wondering if we will see kid goku, raditz, vegeta and broly, perhaps BR versions of Bardock's squad or other things to come?
Kid vegeta: BR and kid raditz: BR are in but don’t have cards yet, also kid Goku: BR has been shown off in promo material
I have not see this, do you have screens or a link?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:01 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
I have not see this, do you have screens or a link?
https://imgur.com/gallery/mmeb3bC

Here you go, the pic of Vegeta with raditz And nappa is from the new guide book and the pic of Goku is on the official website

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:33 pm

Can we just agree that 身勝手の極意 is one of those Japanese terms that will never a decent translation in English? Especially when "Ultra Instinct" is the best they could come up with.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:49 pm

Rakurai wrote:Can we just agree that 身勝手の極意 is one of those Japanese terms that will never a decent translation in English? Especially when "Ultra Instinct" is the best they could come up with.
I wolly agree, they should have kept it in Japanese, like the Kaiohken

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:47 pm

Merged zamasu is back and has a new form, looks like his purple half got amputated

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:53 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:Merged zamasu is back and has a new form, looks like his purple half got amputated
Link??? That sounds weird.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:58 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:Merged zamasu is back and has a new form, looks like his purple half got amputated

I’m glad my boy is back. If any villain were to ever come back, i would want it to be him.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Ozotto has all the dragon balls :O

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:40 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:Ozotto has all the dragon balls :O
Asked this before, what is the purpose of using the DBs at this point? Do they divulge it?
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:48 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Asked this before, what is the purpose of using the DBs at this point? Do they divulge it?
In game it matters cause it’s the only way they can escape prison planet, the anime it seems they’ve served basically no purpose(manga they matter as well)

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:57 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
In game it matters cause it’s the only way they can escape prison planet, the anime it seems they’ve served basically no purpose(manga they matter as well)
This new version of merged zamasu was able to harm MUI Goku

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:15 am

UM5 set review time! This is the first set in a while that doesn't introduce any new CAAs as far as I can remember so there's no need to explain beforehand.

UM5-040 SSJG Goku
EL Type
HP: 3000
Power: 6500
Guard: 1500

CAA: Ultimate Spirit Bomb CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round when Goku is in the attack area. Upon large success, permanently reduces the damage mitigation effects of all enemies by 30%

Passive: Legend of the Saiyan God - Whenever Goku takes an attack, raise the CI speed of the enemy by a super amount. Also, whenever Goku wins a defending CI, reduce the amount of enemy Hero Energy by 2.

Super Attack: Limitbreaker Kamehameha, costs 7 energy.

UEE: When Vegeta and Future Trunks are on the same team as Goku, UEE activates. Reduce the Guard of all enemies to 1.

I've seen some other players' preliminary thoughts about this set but no one has really seemed to talk about this card a lot. Although his CAA is average at best, his passive is definitely not bad and his UEE is very good. As a defensive unit, this card definitely has the potential to make an impact since his passive synergizes extremely well with itself and allows Goku to win CI's and lower enemy Hero Energy on a consistent basis. His Power stat is not too bad either. While definitely not being on the level of a Cell: Xeno or Tarble I think this Goku can find his place as a roleplayer on certain teams.

7.5/10

UM5-048 Fu
HR Type
HP: 3600
Power: 4100
Guard: 2800

CAA: Super Energy CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round when Fu is in the attack area. Upon large success, deal major ki damage to the enemy and reduce enemy Hero Energy by 2.

Passive: Time and Space Distorting Scientist - At the start of battle, remove the ability of the enemy to get miracle perfect CIs. Additionally, if Goku: Xeno or Vegeta: Xeno are present on the enemy team, remove the ability of the enemy to get coordinated perfect CI effects.

Super Attack: Remote Serious Bomb, costs 3 energy.

This is a very very unique card and I doubt we will ever see anything like it again. The ability to take away miracle perfects away from your opponent reduces the amount of RNG from the game by a lot. Also the ability to take away coordinated CI effects is pretty important as well. Something else to note that is pretty col is the fact that his Super Attack only costs 3 energy, which might just be the cheapest SA in the entire game. This card is super easy to use and can find its way into pretty much any team as just a unit that gives you a little bit extra of a technical advantage.

8/10

UM5-049 SSJ3 Cumber
EL Type
HP: 1700
Power: 8500

CAA: Sparking CAA that activates on or after the 3rd round when in the attack area. Upon activation of Super Sparking, double the amount of ki damage dealt by Sparking.

Passive: Awakened Evil Saiyan - Unable to participate in a coordinated attack but immune to stuns. Also at the end of the battle power calculation phase, if the enemy team has more attackers than your team, reduce the Guard of all enemies by 5,000 and increase the CI speed of all enemies by a super amount.

Super Attack: Hard Disaster Laser, costs 7 energy.

Medicore CAA, not a very impressive passive, and a SA that costs 7 energy. This is probably the first Cumber Ultimate Rare/SEC card that is mediocre. The only good thing about this card is that if the enemy sees that this guy is on your team, they may be hesitant in putting out a lot of attackers at once. The flip side to that is, it hinders your own team by encouraging you to not place that many attackers out. The only way I can see this card working out is if you have a team focused around support units while only ever attacking with 1 or 2 units at a time to ensure that this guy's passive will activate. This is just a very hard strategy to pull off so I'm not sure how usable this guy really is right now.

7/10

UM5-052 SSJB Goku: BR
EL Type
HP: 2600
Power: 6800

CAA: Space-time Transfer CAA that activates on or after the 3rd round when in the attack area and your Hero Avatar is also present. Summon SSJB Vegeta: BR and deal large damage to the enemy.

Passive: Clash with a Fierce Enemy - At the end of every round, if the amount of damage dealt by your team is 5,000 or more, Goku restores all of his ki and permanently increases the amount of damage done with his Super Attack by 2x.

Super Attack: Transcendent God Kamehameha, costs 8 energy.

This is the card that they mentioned "something would happen to" on December 12th so it is pretty hard to evaluate it right now as it obviously has gaping holes in its CAA. On the basis of its Passive I would actually say that it's quite strong since it isn't too difficult to deal 5,000 damage in a turn consistently. Combined with his fairly high Power stat I could easily see this Goku reaching the realms of 23,000+ Power by round 3, which is nothing to scoff at. I may revisit this card once we learn what will happen to it in a month.

8/10

UM5-054 SSJB Vegeta: BR
HR Type
HP: 3100
Power: 6400
Guard: 2000

CAA: Lockon CAA that activates when Vegeta is able to launch his Super Attack and is in the attack area. Allows Vegeta to deal 1.2x damage to the chosen target and if the target has a Guard stat of 100 or lower, this effect will increase.

Passive: The Counterattacking Prince - When in the attack position, at the end of the battle power phase, increase own Guard by 5,000 for that round only. Additionally, if Vegeta's ki is in the "pinch" state, increase the damage dealt by all allies by 1.3x for that turn only.

Super Attack: Super Big Bang Attack, costs 4 energy.

UEE: If Goku: BR and Whis are on the same team as SSJB Vegeta: BR, UEE activates. Increase the Power stat of all allies by the amount of HP remaining for 1 round only, costs 5 energy.

I think this Vegeta card is extraordinarily good. Lockon is an excellent CAA, his passive is very easy to use, and his SA only costs 4 energy. His UEE is also very easy to activate since Whis and Goku: BR are not bad cards to include on the same team. Looking at his passive, by just having this guy out in the attack area for 1 turn will lower his ki to the point of it being in the "pinch" state, so this guy is essentially buffing all allies' Power by 1.3x from round 2 and on. Combine that with the fact that he basically has a 7,000 Guard stat makes this guy a pretty good all-around unit.

8/10

UM5-060 Bardock: BR
BS Type
HP: 3000
Power: 4500
Guard: 1000

CAA: Double Attack CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round while in the attack area. Upon activation of Super Double Effect, permanently increase damage dealt by Bardock and his partner by 1.5x.

Passive: Rebellious Saiyan - While in the attack area, at the end of the battle power phase, reduce the Guard stat by 5,000 and the damage mitigation effects by 30% of all enemies who have a Power stat of 20,000 or higher for 1 round only.

Super Attack: Rebellion Fang, costs 7 energy.

Oddly, the best part about this card is his CAA, which usually isn't the case due to how bad Double Attack usually is. The secondary effect on it though is so powerful that I think you can essentially use this guy as a support unit in order to buff up a chosen partner's damage by 1.5x. I don't really like his Passive that much since reducing the defensive capabilities of enemy units that deal massive damage through their Power stat is pretty useless given that those sorts of units would not be there to take hits in the first place. I would be pretty surprised to find this guy as a viable option on any competitive team right now.

6.5/10

UM5-067 Paragus: BR (Old)
HR Type
HP: 3800
Power: 1600

CAA: Space-time Transfer CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round when in the attack area and your Hero Avatar is also present. Summon Broly: BR and deal large damage with the "Gigantic Cluster" attack. Also reduce enemy Hero Energy by 2.

Passive: Berserk Control Unit - While in the support area, during the strategy decision phase, restore the ki of all allies in the attack area. Additionally, if Broly: BR is an attacker on the team, increase Hero Energy by 3 (every time).

Super Attack: Dead Punisher, costs 5 energy.

This guy is very exciting for me since he allows you to run the new Broly cards without ever having to worry about Hero Energy or Broly ever running out of ki. This paragus is basically the perfect support unit for Broly but on the other hand, makes me worried that it will hinder the design space for how good they can make Broly: BR cards in the future. Anyway I think this guy will 100% see a lot of play in teams that run Broly as he provides an insane amount of Hero Energy making it so that you really don't have to worry about supporting that area anymore.

8.5/10

UM5-068 Broly: BR (Wrathful)
BS Type
HP: 2200
Power: 6300

CAA: Dokabaki CAA that activates after an attack and while Hero Energy is 7 or higher and there is an ally with at least 25% ki remaining. Upon large success, permanently increase the CI speed of the enemy by a super amount.

Passive: Rage-relied-upon Strike - Unable to participate in a coordinated attack but immune to stuns. Also, when attacking an enemy, raise the amount of damage dealt by a super amount (every time).

Super Attack: Gigantic Breath, costs 6 energy.

We've seen a similar Passive skill to this in the past and it wasn't terrible but wasn't great either. Being immune to stuns is nice, but having no boosts to Power means that this Broly will have to rely on getting pumped up through some other means, whether it is a support unit or equipment since the Paragus: BR card only supports Ki and Energy. I think if you're going to choose a Broly to use on a team, it won't be this one but a different one that I will look at in just a little bit.

7.5/10

UM5-SEC3 Ultra Instinct Goku
HR Type
HP: 2600
Power: 7000

CAA: Ultimate Dragon Fist CAA that activates on or after the 2nd round while in the attack area. Upon activation of Full Charge, permanently increase Guard and Power by 5,000 and further increase the damage dealt by Ultimate Dragon Fist.

Passive: Awakened Through Extremity - When winning the attacking CI and your team has 3 or more Hero Energy than the enemy team, increase the amount of damage dealt by this attack by 5,000.

Super Attack: Almighty Kamehameha, costs 8 energy.

5,000 additional damage every time you win a CI? This guy must be insane right? Not so fast. In order for that to be the case, you need to have 3 or more Hero Energy than your opponent, which is definitely not an easy thing to do especially when nearly every single card that has released recently has had some sort of energy manipulating effect. While this effect would be insane to pull off if it were consistent, I think that the boundary of needing to have 3 more Hero Energy than your opponent is too large, as well as his Super Attack costing 8 energy. Something good about this guy though is that he gains 5,000 Guard through his CAA, which can make him quite a good defensive unit if used properly. I just don't think this guy is nearly on the same level as most other SEC Ultra Instinct Goku cards we have seen in other recent sets.

8.5/10

UM5-SEC2 SSJ Broly: BR
EL Type
HP: 1900
Power: 8400

CAA: Lockon Burst CAA that activates when Broly is able to launch his Super Attack and is in the attack area. Reduce the amount of damage mitigating effects the targeted enemy has by 50% and increase the amount of damage dealt to the enemy when Broly launches a Super Attack the turn this effect is activated.

Passive: Saiyan of Rage and Sorrow - Unable to participate in a coordinated attack but immune to stuns. Also, at the end of the battle power phase, reduce the ki of all enemies for every 8,000 battle power that the enemy team has.

Super Attack: Gigantic Omega Storm, costs 7 energy.

While not quite at the level of godliness that the Full Power iteration of Broly will most likely be at in Universe Mission 6, this guy will definitely suffice for now. Pairing him up with Paragus: BR who I covered earlier in this set review will provide more than enough Hero Energy to consistently launch a Super Attack that requires 7 energy. Lockon Burst is a premium CAA ability that is one of the best offensively oriented abilities and combined with the fact that Broly reduces damage mitigating effects by 50% for the targeted enemy allows him to pretty much decimate whoever he touches with his starting Power stat of 8400 if he receives adequate offensive support. In addition to that, he terrifies opponents into not pumping up their battle power by a ridiculous amount or else they would be left with 0 ki on any of their units. I think this guy is very good even if he is not the centerpiece of your team because of the fact that this ability will activate even if Broly is not attacking for that round.

9/10

UM5-SEC SSJ4 Vegito: Xeno
BS Type:
HP: 2500
Power: 6500

CAA: Ultimate Burst CAA that activates when launching a Super Attack. Upon activation of Awakened Burst Mode, increase the CI speed of the attacked enemy by a super amount and increase the amount of damage dealt by the current attack by 2,000.

Passive: The Unknown Fused Warrior - When in the attack area, become immune to stuns for that turn. Also, when winning the attacking CI, steal 5,000 Power from all members of the attacked enemy's coordinated attack group (every time).

Super Attack: Galaxy Spirit Sword, costs 8 energy.

UEE: When Goten: Xeno and Gohan: Xeno are present on the same team as SSJ4 Vegito: Xeno, UEE activates. Prevent the enemy team from increasing Hero Energy through Battle Power for 1 round, costs 2 energy.

When we first saw that SSJ4 Vegito was coming to DBH we knew that it would be big. We knew they had to make some crazy powerful, ultra broken card that everyone would want. Well this guy is definitely no pushover, that's for sure. Ultimate Burst is basically on par with Lockon Burst for best offensive CAA. With the additional effects of increasing CI speed and dealing an extra 2,000 damage, this guy's CAA alone is better than 99% of the rest of the game and we haven't even gotten to the overpowered part yet. The fact that this Vegito can steal 5,000 Power from every member of a coordinated attack team means that he can potentially be stealing 35,000 Power at most if every single unit on the enemy team is the same time. Even though that is pretty unrealistic, I would say that on average you're looking at stealing ~15,000 Power per offensive CI win that you get. Looking at that from an offensive perspective, that's pretty insane. That means that in round 1, Vegito will be at over a 20,000 Power stat, which can then be used as a base to be multiplied by any Power stat supporting effect that you want. But that's not all. This ability also has enormous defensive bonuses as well. When this effect activates you are removing ~15,000 Power from the enemy's side of the field, which results in less of a base for the enemy to amplify, which means that their supporting units will be weaker. Not to mention his UEE is also very good as it can potentially block an entire turn of opponent Super Attacks while only costing 2 energy to activate. The only downside to this Vegito is that his Super Attack costs 8 energy but that doesn't even really matter when his entire job can be completed by just winning offensive CIs. If you run this guy you absolutely need CI support.

9.5/10

And that's it for this set review. I think there are a lot of nice cards in this one, especially SSJ4 Vegito. I think we will see god level cards be released with the next set since that is when the cream of the crop in terms of movie characters will almost certainly be released. We are also slowly entering the climax of the Prison Planet Arc so it is completely possible that we see some crazy stuff like SSJ4 Cumber etc.

Just one last thing that I wanted to show off before I conclude: just picked up my copy of the movie promo Broly: BR card that was given out today. Excited to try him out soon.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:56 am

S3 Hendrix wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Just watched UM5. Yeah Ozotto stole the DBs from Goku & Cumber and used them to escape the planet.

Fuu also escaped somehow. Plan B whatever it is.

What's funny is that Xeno Goku just IT'd everybody else out of there LOL. Well that was easy. I think they're tailing after Fuu to stop his crazy ass plan of making a new universe via big bang.

That leaves UI Goku, Cumber, and Mecha Zamasu (who appeared out of nowhere) left on the Prison Planet.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:02 am

Could you give us a synopsis of UM5? Sounds like it had some interesting developments.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:57 am

Rakurai wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:
Just watched UM5. Yeah Ozotto stole the DBs from Goku & Cumber and used them to escape the planet.

Fuu also escaped somehow. Plan B whatever it is.

What's funny is that Xeno Goku just IT'd everybody else out of there LOL. Well that was easy. I think they're tailing after Fuu to stop his crazy ass plan of making a new universe via big bang.

That leaves UI Goku, Cumber, and Mecha Zamasu (who appeared out of nowhere) left on the Prison Planet.
Please tell me Cumber isnt looking like he's going to die?

It sounds like this story isnt done, but we're coming into a new phase where Ozotto is the big threat instead of Cumber...

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:26 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

I’m glad my boy is back. If any villain were to ever come back, i would want it to be him.
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:47 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

Holy guacamol Zamasu is back but what the heck is this form :shock:

Do you think we will have DBL material in SDBH ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:37 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote: Please tell me Cumber isnt looking like he's going to die?

It sounds like this story isnt done, but we're coming into a new phase where Ozotto is the big threat instead of Cumber...
Not sure but he reverted back to base after being defeated by UI Goku.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Could you give us a synopsis of UM5? Sounds like it had some interesting developments.
To summary it really briefly.

UM5 starts off with SSG Goku and Golden Cooler battling SSJ Cumber. The duo are in a pinch until Xeno Goku & Vegeta show up. They just came back from destroying Fuu's lab.

SSJ4 Xeno duo fight SSJ Cumber evenly. Cumber then ramps it up to SSJ3, Xeno duo fuse to become SSJ4 Xeno Vegetto. Vegetto pushes Cumber back, their battle melts the chains that hold the prison planet in the process.

Fuu is pissed that his lab has been destroyed and does battle. Afterwards reveals his plan to use the collected energy from the prison planet to create a big bang and thus another universe. Trunks wonders what would happen to their universe if that happened, Fuu doesn't really know either.

Cumber comes back, Fuu commences "Plan B" and escapes the planet with Cooler tailing after him. CC Goku wakes up as UI. They do battle and UI Goku seems to win. Xeno Goku teleports everyone except UI Goku outta the planet (lol Dragon Balls). Goku senses Mecha Zamasu is around. "SON GOKU!" Zamasu attacks. Oh and Majin Ozotto was able to take the DBs from Cumber and wish himself outta the planet too.

I think this pretty much covers it. A full translation might cover some of the finer details I missed.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:16 am

I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~