"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:39 am

Nightzus wrote:I just had a quick look at the scan, and it also says that you can infiltrate the History of Dragon Ball, such as protecting Namek or joining Freeza's army.
Interesting! So maybe during the course of Story Mode we have choices to make (kinda what we see in Naruto Ultimate Ninja series), and maybe it will affect the ending of the fight or even the saga. :o
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Nightzus

Post by Nightzus » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:42 am

Grimlock wrote:
Nightzus wrote:I just had a quick look at the scan, and it also says that you can infiltrate the History of Dragon Ball, such as protecting Namek or joining Freeza's army.
Interesting! So maybe during the course of Story Mode we have choices to make (kinda what we see in Naruto Ultimate Ninja series), and maybe it will affect the ending of the fight or even the saga. :o
Maybe, but I think that we would join Freeza's army undercover, not really choosing to be a good or bad guy. I don't think there will be radical choices to make, but perhaps additional side quests to gather more information by joining the Emperor army or protect Namekians.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:47 am

Hm, that's kinda interesting. :lol:
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:55 am

nato25 wrote:Wow that death ball supernova combo!?! That's cool.

Also interesting to see your original time patroller paired up with Trunks and the Old Kai!? Toki Toki and Supreme Kai of Time back as well. Interesting. I wonder why that old screenshot is there with controlling Piccolo?
Nothing beats the Goku family Kamehameha spam "combo" in PQs.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:01 am

Zenkashuu wrote:
nato25 wrote:Wow that death ball supernova combo!?! That's cool.

Also interesting to see your original time patroller paired up with Trunks and the Old Kai!? Toki Toki and Supreme Kai of Time back as well. Interesting. I wonder why that old screenshot is there with controlling Piccolo?
Nothing beats the Goku family Kamehameha spam "combo" in PQs.
Actually, that PQ is hilarious when you equip Tenshinhan's "Kamehameha immunity" Z-Soul.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:04 pm

Come on, admit it. Hype.

One thing I'm worried about is during the E3 presentation they said, "a lot of movie characters." Does that mean we won't actually be getting everything the teaser site had? Forgive me if I'm relying too much on that site...
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:08 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I want to be more excited than I am, but after that interview with Hirano where he said the story's focus is on people who didn't play XV and that it'll be weaker for those who did...I just can't get all that hyped.
Ugh great. We're really going back to the ol days of just rehashing the story aren't we? At least with Xenoverse they spiced up the rehashing, but now it sounds like it's another rehash.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:17 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I want to be more excited than I am, but after that interview with Hirano where he said the story's focus is on people who didn't play XV and that it'll be weaker for those who did...I just can't get all that hyped.
Ugh great. We're really going back to the ol days of just rehashing the story aren't we? At least with Xenoverse they spiced up the rehashing, but now it sounds like it's another rehash.
From what they've shown so far, t looks like it wil be more interesting then XV1. With us atually playing through the what ifs.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:28 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Come on, admit it. Hype.
Can't get hyped from something I'm not seeing. Interested? Yes. Not hyped.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:58 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Dammit. I wish DIMPS would have gone beyond rehashing the same story. Oh well. Let's see how they tinker with the original plot and see if it goes into more depth with the what-ifs in the story mode.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Dammit. I wish DIMPS would have gone beyond rehashing the same story. Oh well. Let's see how they tinker with the original plot and see if it goes into more depth with the what-ifs in the story mode.
They would've been better of creating one really crazy scenario and build off on it instead of just trying to rehash all the main sagas. I mean, they created a scenario where the RRA, Piccolo Daimao and Bobbidi all battle for Earth!
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:01 pm

ryou766 wrote:Can't get hyped from something I'm not seeing. Interested? Yes. Not hyped.
Based on the teaser site, announcement trailer, E3 trailer, and V-Jump leaks, I'd say we know plenty to be hyped. Well, I do anyway. :D
MyAnimeList | AniList

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:05 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
ryou766 wrote:Can't get hyped from something I'm not seeing. Interested? Yes. Not hyped.
Based on the teaser site, announcement trailer, E3 trailer, and V-Jump leaks, I'd say we know plenty to be hyped. Well, I do anyway. :D
We don't know enough to be sure that it won't be another XV.

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Based on the teaser site, announcement trailer, E3 trailer, and V-Jump leaks, I'd say we know plenty to be hyped. Well, I do anyway. :D
Not much really.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:13 pm

Possibly going to cover everything from Dragon Ball to Z to Super to GT,
Enhanced graphics (pretty obvious actually...),
Training Mode,
Better local multiplayer.

That's all I can think of, and I wouldn't mind if we got absolutely no more information aside from characters until the game comes out. But, you know, do whatever you want, that's fine with me! :P
MyAnimeList | AniList

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:44 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Possibly going to cover everything from Dragon Ball to Z to Super to GT,
Actually, they said they began production before Super even became a thing. They might implement some elements from Super but I wouldn't expect much.
Enhanced graphics (pretty obvious actually...),
All previous DBZ games had enhanced graphics but that didn't stop some of them from being bad games.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:01 pm

Who wants SSJ hercule?
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:03 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:Who wants SSJ hercule?
Maybe as a brief thing in the story mode, but TBH I could do without him.
MyAnimeList | AniList

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:04 pm

This would be the highlight of the game.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:42 pm

Fuck yeah. Make him a boss battle. With the RNG hidden extra boss battles consisting of Baby Pan and Monaka. Then, shit gets real...