"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:50 pm

Yeah, anyone who ever read the original manga knows that there's basically no slice-of-life moments.

I expect the current arc to extend for two more chapters. The last chapter was weak and sapped some of excitement for the unique aspects the manga might provide, that's the feeling I'm getting. Personally can't to wait to see how Toyotarõ will handle what's coming up, specially if the "Sword Genki" will make an appearance or not and Vegetto.

I'm pretty happy the manga isn't rushed any more and expect it to continue into the next arc.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:56 pm

LightBing wrote:Yeah, anyone who ever read the original manga knows that there's basically no slice-of-life moments.

I expect the current arc to extend for two more chapters. The last chapter was weak and sapped some of excitement for the unique aspects the manga might provide, that's the feeling I'm getting. Personally can't to wait to see how Toyotarõ will handle what's coming up, specially if the "Sword Genki" will make an appearance or not and Vegetto.

I'm pretty happy the manga isn't rushed any more and expect it to continue into the next arc.
If Gogeta shows up, it's an instant 10/10, game of the year all year for me.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:22 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
LightBing wrote:Yeah, anyone who ever read the original manga knows that there's basically no slice-of-life moments.

The fact that both Kaioshin are there pretty much confirms we're getting Vegetto. Most likely Vegetto Red instead of Vegetto Blue
Last edited by OLKv3 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:03 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:

The fact that both Kaioshin are there pretty much confirms we're getting Vegetto. Most like Vegetto Red instead of Vegetto Blue
I wouldn't put it past Toyotaro to make such an arbitrary change. He loves SSGod something fierce.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:27 pm

emperior wrote:
Basako wrote:
Totamo wrote:Man, I got a strong filling that the exhibition matches won't be in the manga or all these recruitment episodes.

The manga often makes a lot more sense than the anime, but at what cost? The character interactions are gone. The slice of life moments are gone. The several gas form the anime that are good are gone.

Am I the only one who feels this way? Like I thought I would love the future trunks arc more if it made a bit more sense but the manga did that and now I like it much less.
I think the exhibition matches are gonna be in the Manga. The three fights plus the one with Toppo. I hope.

The recruitment part will probably be more rushed, without the sparring parts like the one in the last episode.

The Manga had a the problem of not showing enough character interactions before, not since the last arc. We have had about eight fourty page chapters with so much of that, the cart race like the most obvious example, but there are many others, like involving Kibito or having Shin and Gowasu having more part.

The new arc Manga is gonna be great, I have no doubt at this point.
Exhibition matches are a given, though I bet the manga will rush them and it will obviously rush the recruitment too. I bet we will only see 17's recruitment , the others will probably all get recruited in a panel each.
why would he rushed the exhibition match or heck the recruitment part, because it really looks like he stop rushing things since chapter 20, I'll bet we will have an issue focusing buu vs Basil and Gohan vs lavenda in one chapter meanwhile Goku vs bergamo could also be one chapter ending with toppo stepping in, these exhibition are too important to be skipped
Noah wrote:
Chelentano wrote:Yeah, at least I hope so. I'm really tired of this arc.
My gosh, I thought I was the only one lol

Enough of this arc, just have its end in this month, please.
It will probably end in next month, but agreed I'm getting tired of this, and i agree with geekdom101, toyotaro is making too much changes at the cost of logic, just to be different to the Anime, which to me is bad writing IMO, dear God I just hope Toyo don't commit the same mistake again
Mostly active on discord.

micah007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:05 pm

Whenever it ends (hopefully next chapter, realistically in two) I just hope Toyo keeps and expands on Zamasu becoming one with the universe. I wanna see his presence affecting other worlds and influencing the laws of the universe like Supreme Kai hinted at in the anime. That twist was a lot more creative than what I expected to happen.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:11 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:

Which do you like more the manga or anime?
micah007 wrote:Whenever it ends (hopefully next chapter, realistically in two) I just hope Toyo keeps and expands on Zamasu becoming one with the universe. I wanna see his presence affecting other worlds and influencing the laws of the universe like Supreme Kai hinted at in the anime. That twist was a lot more creative than what I expected to happen.
Like xenoverse?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:14 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:Which do you like more the manga or anime?
They're both fairly mediocre for different reasons but I'd give the Black arc of the anime an edge for making Black a highly entertaining antagonist whereas the manga botched him.

If Toyotaro brought in Gogeta, that'd piss off of so many people how could I not love it?

micah007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:18 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
LightBing wrote: Whenever it ends (hopefully next chapter, realistically in two) I just hope Toyo keeps and expands on Zamasu becoming one with the universe. I wanna see his presence affecting other worlds and influencing the laws of the universe like Supreme Kai hinted at in the anime. That twist was a lot more creative than what I expected to happen.
Like xenoverse?
Yeah like that. I'd love to see those types of displays in the manga for more creativity.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:14 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:Which do you like more the manga or anime?
They're both fairly mediocre for different reasons but I'd give the Black arc of the anime an edge for making Black a highly entertaining antagonist whereas the manga botched him.

If Toyotaro brought in Gogeta, that'd piss off of so many people how could I not love it?
Would be even better if Trunks just inexplicably goes Super Saiyan God (since Toyo has a hard on for the form) and one shots Zamasu with no explanation, no Light Sword, no nothing. It'd be hilarious to see the rage and the leaps in logic people would go to in order to explain how it makes perfect sense!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:30 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: If Toyotaro brought in Gogeta, that'd piss off of so many people how could I not love it?
I dunno, many here seem to really want Blue Gogeta now that we've had Blue Vegeito
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:35 pm

Regarding the Universe Survivor arc, I think there's a possibility the exhibition matches are all anime-only, like how they had Black getting to the past in order to feature an early battle with him and Goku. In the manga, they could just make the tournament announcement, followed by Goku vs Toppo.

I think we'll get three chapters, with Trunks vs Fused Zamasu getting much more focus and screentime than in the anime. I just hope whatever Toyotaro is going to do to make that feasible is actually well handled. I'm also expecting a sword of light, although not necessarily one tied to the Genki Dama (Dragonball Fusions added a Sword of Light for Super Trunks around the same time it debuted in the anime, but it looked completely different and didn't use the Genki Dama's gathering energy animation, so I think the sword might be mentioned in Toriyama's outline, but without the Genki Dama bit and the Fusions staff based it on that, rather than the anime material directly). I guess it could be tied to a new form somehow.
Last edited by Neon Z on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:38 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: If Toyotaro brought in Gogeta, that'd piss off of so many people how could I not love it?
I dunno, many here seem to really want Blue Gogeta now that we've had Blue Vegeito
They do but people are gonna get angry about it just because it's changed from the anime. So yeah, we're either gonna get Vegetto Red or same variant on Gogeta.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:07 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: They do but people are gonna get angry about it just because it's changed from the anime. So yeah, we're either gonna get Vegetto Red or same variant on Gogeta.
You're vastly overestimating the hate this would get for such a small reason, you'd more likely find a shit ton of hate if Trunks's scene in the climax isn't included
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:12 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: They do but people are gonna get angry about it just because it's changed from the anime. So yeah, we're either gonna get Vegetto Red or same variant on Gogeta.
You're vastly overestimating the hate this would get for such a small reason, you'd more likely find a shit ton of hate if Trunks's scene in the climax isn't included
I fully expect a Gogeta inclusion to get a level of hate comparable to Toyotaro not copying the manga and stacking KK on top of Blue. And fuck this fandom if they throw a fit over the Genki-Sword getting cut, that was an awful, awful climax and deserves to get removed.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:15 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
I fully expect a Gogeta inclusion to get a level of hate comparable to Toyotaro not copying the manga and stacking KK on top of Blue. And fuck this fandom if they throw a fit over the Genki-Sword getting cut, that was an awful, awful climax and deserves to get removed.
What if the Genkisword happens, but this time Trunks gathers Ki from ALL OF TIME AND SPACE?! WOULDN'T THAT BE COOL, GUYS?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:15 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: You're vastly overestimating the hate this would get for such a small reason, you'd more likely find a shit ton of hate if Trunks's scene in the climax isn't included
What if the Genkisword happens, but this time Trunks gathers Ki from ALL OF TIME AND SPACE?! WOULDN'T THAT BE COOL, GUYS?
And people wonder why I have nothing but contempt for my fellow man :P

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:17 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: I fully expect a Gogeta inclusion to get a level of hate comparable to Toyotaro not copying the manga and stacking KK on top of Blue. And fuck this fandom if they throw a fit over the Genki-Sword getting cut, that was an awful, awful climax and deserves to get removed.
Funny thing is that Toyotaro would probably still be applauded for "improving" on the anime's idea.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:18 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: You're vastly overestimating the hate this would get for such a small reason, you'd more likely find a shit ton of hate if Trunks's scene in the climax isn't included
Gogeta fuses with Trunks, uses uber-sparkly Godki Dama. Super Manga (and my pride) ends.
Retired.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:19 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: What if the Genkisword happens, but this time Trunks gathers Ki from ALL OF TIME AND SPACE?! WOULDN'T THAT BE COOL, GUYS?
Funny thing is that Toyotaro would probably still be applauded for "improving" on the anime's idea.
The only way he can improve that is if Goku summons Zeno who sees Trunks sword then gets convinced to power it up because swords are cool as shit and Trunks kill him that way. Basically, take the piss out of it.