"J-Stars Victory VS+" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: J-Stars Victory VS+ (Western Release) for PS3/Vita/PS4

Post by Wobbuffet » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:55 pm

According to Wikipedia, he is voiced by Motoko Kumai.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motoko_Kumai

The article doesn't say anything about her voicing Taro Yamada before, so I'm not sure if she's reprising the role. I have to check that later.
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:15 am

Wobbuffet wrote:The article doesn't say anything about her voicing Taro Yamada before, so I'm not sure if she's reprising the role. I have to check that later.
By Google-fu and looking on Japanese Wikipedia, she played the role in a 4 episode OVA in 2009, which is the only animated adaptation as far as I can tell.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:53 am

Huh. Looking through her resume, I don't think I've heard any of the roles I do know in Japanese, so I'm not sure why she sounds so familiar to me.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Sorry if this has been said already (I mean...60+ pages...), but has it been confirmed whether or not licensing issues mean some characters are not gonna be in the Western version?

Either way, the fact that a game exists where Seiya can fight Gintoki makes me very happy.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Captain Space wrote:Sorry if this has been said already (I mean...60+ pages...), but has it been confirmed whether or not licensing issues mean some characters are not gonna be in the Western version?
We were told we weren't going to get them all at first, but it turns out we are. Since we're also getting a PS4 version and the Arcade Mode, we're actually getting more than the Japanese did.

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Oh, awesome! Thanks for letting me know.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:49 am

jrdemr wrote:
Captain Space wrote:Sorry if this has been said already (I mean...60+ pages...), but has it been confirmed whether or not licensing issues mean some characters are not gonna be in the Western version?
We were told we weren't going to get them all at first, but it turns out we are. Since we're also getting a PS4 version and the Arcade Mode, we're actually getting more than the Japanese did.
Good to know.

I've recently bought J-Stars for PS3 so if I enjoy it I'll also get the western edition for PS4. I was considering PS4 or Xbox One (whenever it'd get a Slim model) but seeing this is a PlayStation exclusive I'll go for PS4 (Slim redesigned model ideally).

The VGM's something I've meant to check out for a while now so it's about time.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:07 pm

Bandai Namco Entertainment streamed footage from Vs+ today on Twitch and I didn't watch but was there anything new that wasn't already known?
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:55 pm

The site updated with gameplay trailers for Bleach and Gintama VS Assassination Classroom.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:45 pm

jrdemr wrote:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but since it's also getting a PS4 upgrade I believe Japan's also getting the + version as well.

If memory serves, I think the licensing issues were related to the fact that it supposedly won't feature an english dub.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:47 pm

Yeah, I imagine trying to dub it would be a licensing nightmare.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:56 pm

Rukura wrote: Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but since it's also getting a PS4 upgrade I believe Japan's also getting the + version as well.

If memory serves, I think the licensing issues were related to the fact that it supposedly won't feature an english dub.
We don't know? There was no press release about any japanese release, the japanese site hasn't update since March last year and the only non Bandai pieces of news about Plus have been an early Brazillian report about how we wouldn't get all the characters (which proved to be wrong fortunately) and some videos from the Chinese version more or less confirming we have all the characters. So who knows, will they get a patch to their version to include the balance changes and arcade? will the PS4 version be West exclusive? Only summer will tell.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:27 pm

Quebaz wrote:
Rukura wrote: Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but since it's also getting a PS4 upgrade I believe Japan's also getting the + version as well.

We don't know? There was no press release about any japanese release, the japanese site hasn't update since March last year and the only non Bandai pieces of news about Plus have been an early Brazillian report about how we wouldn't get all the characters (which proved to be wrong fortunately) and some videos from the Chinese version more or less confirming we have all the characters. So who knows, will they get a patch to their version to include the balance changes and arcade? will the PS4 version be West exclusive? Only summer will tell.
Had a vague memory of seeing a japanese trailer for + or something, after looking around seems it was just memories of both releases botched together because I found nothing :lol:

I think the english dub part is what's actually true but, for the life of me, can't remember where I saw that.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:34 pm

Release dates announced-

European release coming June 26, American release coming June 30

American trailer
European trailer

Europe is getting a pre-order bonus item: a "J-Stars VS Compendium" pre-order bonus item with "52 characters arts"
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:41 pm

Of course only Europe gets the sweet physical pre-order bonus.

...Hmm, no Amazon listing for the Vita version yet.

Edit: Whoop, looks like the same bonus is being offered for pre-ordering at Gamestop, according to Bamco US' blog entry.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:08 pm

Kaboom wrote:
Edit: Whoop, looks like the same bonus is being offered for pre-ordering at Gamestop, according to Bamco US' blog entry.
Damn, and I was just about to break out my maniacal laughter.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:15 pm

Argh, I was just coming to post about this here, but HUZZAH! I'm so pre-ordering this game. I must have it as soon as possible. Yeeesssss.

So what exactly is this 'compendium'? Is it just like an artbook thing?

Edit: Never mind, just read a little more deeply into it. Not something I'm desperate to have, but I'm pre-ordering anyway, and I wasn't super pleased with how Wal-mart got Xenoverse to me, so GameStop it is.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:39 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Release dates announced-

European release coming June 26, American release coming June 30

American trailer
European trailer

Europe is getting a pre-order bonus item: a "J-Stars VS Compendium" pre-order bonus item with "52 characters arts"
I never would have thought that game would come to the EU before it reached NA. Awesome! :thumbup:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:55 pm

So uh, pretty safe to assume the dates on GameStop are just wrong currrently and not indicative of actual shipping dates, right? Cuz it's saying July 30th for the PS3 version, and the PS4 (which I almost pre-ordered by accident, ack!) is saying like...December.
Twitter

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:47 pm

Kaboom wrote:Of course only Europe gets the sweet physical pre-order bonus.

...Hmm, no Amazon listing for the Vita version yet.
The Vita version will only be available on PSN in North America. It's getting a general retail release in Europe, so those interested could import it. The game had no DLC in Japan, so you should be good.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.