"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:51 pm

Or this:
DetetiveX wrote:Prediction: Bulma will use the Super Dragon Balls to wish for a daughter and Bra will just kinda appear immediately.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:15 pm

MajinMan wrote:
SaiyaSith wrote:How to fix the Bra being born situation: Have Bulma go into the to the time chamber with Vegeta and Goku while they train... :wink:
And die?
ROFL!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:20 pm

If we're going to go nuts just do a new arc after the comic ending with the ladies adking Shen Long for their youth.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:27 pm

I wish I could understand japanese :(. This is Original jump editors tell the inside story of Akira Toriyama and the Dragon Ball (year 2015)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuqWwzI64Rc

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:42 am

Super is going to be much better now with King Ryu as composer :D

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:44 am

shinmaru wrote:Super is going to be much better now with King Ryu as composer :D
The flow of the story and fight lengths will be very consistent compared to the 1st 2 arcs so hopefully the animation will be as well.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:05 am

sintzu wrote:
shinmaru wrote:Super is going to be much better now with King Ryu as composer :D
The flow of the story and fight lengths will be very consistent compared to the 1st 2 arcs so hopefully the animation will be as well.
You forgot to mention fight choreography, the fighta we got especially in rof arc were boring to watch especially goku vs frieza fight it was a disaster, vegeta's fight was really short but it was miles better than goku vs frieza...
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:32 am

Ssgvegito30 wrote: You forgot to mention fight choreography, the fighta we got especially in rof arc were boring to watch especially goku vs Freeza fight it was a disaster, vegeta's fight was really short but it was miles better than goku vs Freeza...
The main fights definitely need to have the same quality that Vegeta's had and be longer.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:50 am

JulieYBM wrote:If we're going to go nuts just do a new arc after the comic ending with the ladies adking Shen Long for their youth.
That'd definitely fix the age problem. I'm not sure if Toriyama meant Goku and Vegeta specifically or that the cast entirely felt to old at the end. If it was the cast, more specifically the ladies, then this could work. It'd further make use of when Goku said Saiyans are in their prime at 80. They just need to keep the cast looking youthful like in Super. :)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:06 am

Dragon Ball cares so little for being especially meaningful that just turning ages into jokes would be very in tune with everything since Toriyama returned.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:23 pm

I wonder which skills Mageta has :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:27 pm

Noah wrote:So the forum changed its logo, going to miss the DB with a balloon chat icon, but was too similar with DB wikia one, so the change was o'K', though :D
I wish the rest of the text wasn't italicised, or at the very least slanted the opposite way to align better with the leg slant on the K.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:55 am

finally we will be seeing universe 6 warriors and monaca in next episode is it revealed who are the voice actors for theses characters will be, if it is can someone post it here, I wonder who it will be will it be someone totally new or multiple va that are already doing va for dragonball super....
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:59 am

I'm somewhat surprised they haven't announced the VAs yet, I wonder if they even will or if we'll just have to wait till the episode comes out, even then there is no guarantee that all of those characters will talk in that episode.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:00 am

There are still some things in the manga that is not yet revealed in the anime.I wonder when they are gonna show it.
- Vados being stronger than Whis.
- Renaming Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan to Super Saiyan Blue.
- Beerus and Champa's birthday flashback.

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:02 am

I'm expecting hit and frost voice to be really deep

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:04 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:There are still some things in the manga that is not yet revealed in the anime.I wonder when they are gonna show it.
- Vados being stronger than Whis.
- Renaming Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan to Super Saiyan Blue.
- Beerus and Champa's birthday flashback.
We don't actually know if Vados is stronger, Whis wasn't so sure in the manga

If they say Blue in the show it will either happen in the next episode when Goku and Vegeta are training or it will happen with Goku explains what the form is when he uses it against Botamo(if the episode title just saying Super Saiyan means that he's going to use Blue)

I think Champa and Beerus's scuffle on the table is the anime equivalent of that fight.
Ssgvegito30 wrote:I'm expecting hit and frost voice to be really deep
Hit could definitely be deep, but I wouldn't be surprised if Frost wasn't super deep.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:29 am

Did we forget the red frog who met Jaco is similar to one of Sorbet's cohorts?
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:28 am

Xeztin wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:If we're going to go nuts just do a new arc after the comic ending with the ladies adking Shen Long for their youth.
That'd definitely fix the age problem. I'm not sure if Toriyama meant Goku and Vegeta specifically or that the cast entirely felt to old at the end. If it was the cast, more specifically the ladies, then this could work. It'd further make use of when Goku said Saiyans are in their prime at 80. They just need to keep the cast looking youthful like in Super. :)
He actually specifically referenced Bulma and Kuririn as looking too old in the epilogue. You can also see that both of them have very youthful designs in Super. Still, I guess he doesn't want the characters wishing for youth or something, which is why it's a rather complicated situation.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:31 pm

Damn, I thought for a moment King Ryū was going to be the series's new music composer. But then I realized that didn't make any sense, and I read further. Oh well, it's still a positive development for the show.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.