"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360) Official Threa

Post by Rukura » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:10 pm

Quebaz wrote:since this is not DiMPS first game, do you guys think they will fix some of the mistakes they did with Brave Soldiers?
With the now valid possibility of 2v2, all bets are off. Though it is very disappoint that we finally get Dimps back and they might not even be doing a 1v1 fighter, like they should, which is what they've been awesome at making.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:26 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I hope we can choose between 1 vs. 1 and 2 vs. 2.
even in boz you could choose 1v1 online, problem is game mechanics of that game works bad in 1v1, but you can do it if you want. With XV looks like it can work very well in 1v1 too, for now :)

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:58 pm

So... does this mean we are actually going to get Time Patrol Trunks?
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:04 pm

soulnova wrote:So... does this mean we are actually going to get Time Patrol Trunks?
It looks like such but to be honest, at first I thought it was "Super Saiyan God Trunks" by his red hair and looks.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:13 pm

It is now confirmed Trunks has the exact same clothes as in Dragon Ball Online:

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:15 pm

:o wow, it is the same. If they actually pick up DBO's plotline.... :thumbup:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Was Future Trunks the Time Patrol in DBO? Because that DBO design looks like present day Trunks, since his hair isn't centered like Trunks from the future's hair is. Like Xenoverse's looks like. Anyway, small side-note, just happened to seem different.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Rukura wrote:Was Future Trunks the Time Patrol in DBO? Because that DBO design looks like present day Trunks, since his hair isn't centered like Trunks from the future's hair is. Like Xenoverse's looks like. Anyway, small side-note, just happened to seem different.
Time Patrol Trunks is Future Trunks from shortly after he defeats Cell in his own timeline. I wouldn't really pay attention to them ignoring the "new" part in his hair.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:04 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Rukura wrote:Was Future Trunks the Time Patrol in DBO? Because that DBO design looks like present day Trunks, since his hair isn't centered like Trunks from the future's hair is. Like Xenoverse's looks like. Anyway, small side-note, just happened to seem different.
Time Patrol Trunks is Future Trunks from shortly after he defeats Cell in his own timeline. I wouldn't really pay attention to them ignoring the "new" part in his hair.
Thanks, that sounds about right. Just stuck out to me as odd. It's starting to sink in again how we're gonna get very little info for quite a while.

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:48 pm

Jaruka wrote:Some new photos, confirms Nappa as well.
Nappa looks rightfully gigantic in this game apparently, he looks like Spike's broly.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:06 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Jackal puFF wrote:But I don't know anymore. His face doesn't really look like Gohan in the new pictures.
Eh? Still looks like Gohan to me:

You know what, it does look like Gohan haha, especially with the black hair! And I just noticed that cape looks a lot like Piccolo's.. Hmm..

Since it looks like they have the time traveling thing from DBO mixed in here, makes me pretty stoked to hear more about this game!

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:13 pm

Anyone else is reminded of this when seeing Xeno/Mystery Warrior/Whatever?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Jackal puFF wrote:And I just noticed that cape looks a lot like Piccolo's.. Hmm..
I actually think it looks a lot more like Kami's, or Tenshinhan's in the Buu Arc (when it's not draped in front of his shoulders).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:37 pm

Sorry for OT but i've to say this:

Vegeta gave me his scouter
Piccolo game me his cape
Goku Super Saiyan God game me his hairs
Trunks gave me the suit
and Jiaozi...GAVE ME HIS STRENGHT!! :lol:

CM101Play
Beyond Newbie

Post by CM101Play » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:48 pm

Rukura wrote:
Quebaz wrote:since this is not DiMPS first game, do you guys think they will fix some of the mistakes they did with Brave Soldiers?
With the now valid possibility of 2v2, all bets are off. Though it is very disappoint that we finally get Dimps back and they might not even be doing a 1v1 fighter, like they should, which is what they've been awesome at making.
1v1 is probably the main focus.

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:52 pm

Flame Dragon wrote:Anyone else is reminded of this when seeing Xeno/Mystery Warrior/Whatever?
Meh, vaguely. I guess they have their similarities if we were to say that the Chrono Trigger protagonist is the future warrior with a far better design.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:05 pm

CM101Play wrote:
Rukura wrote:
1v1 is probably the main focus.
yeah i agree. Also zenkai (by spike) can be played 2v2, but should be enjoyable as 1v1 as well :D

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:56 am

Flame Dragon wrote:Anyone else is reminded of this when seeing Xeno/Mystery Warrior/Whatever?
Oh my god, is he SS God Trunks? Maybe from other universe, I like his outfit and the new sword!
Last edited by Zenkashuu on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:48 am

Mystery guy can use the Makankosappo. Makes it a bit more likely that he's a CaC, because it'd be super weird for a new character to have one of Piccolo's moves. But then they always give it to future Gohan, so maybe this is just an alternate timeline Super Saiyan God Gohan. It'd fit everything so far, with the connection to Trunks.... :P
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:24 am

Mystery guy is trunks son??