Who should beat Black?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: Who should beat Black?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:08 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Yeah that's why we will see Goku doing it as always. No hopes left.
I'm not against Goku getting the spotlight, the problem I have is them making stories that fit to be centered around other characters but forcing him in them just because he's the main character.

Why was Goku the one who tested Trunks' power ? wouldn't it have made more sense for Vegeta to do it ?

Why was Goku the one who fought Black first ? wouldn't it have made more sense for Vegeta to fight him considering he killed his future wife and nearly his son ?

It would be like Batman finding out someone else was behind his parents' murder but instead of taking care if it himself he'd stand on the sideline and let Aquaman take care of it.
This arc only concerns Future Trunks and no one else. Vegeta has nothing to do with his future self or family. Trunks has come for help and everyone in the present wants to help him, simple as that.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:12 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:Vegeta has nothing to do with his future self or family.
This is an absurd notion. Vegeta cares about Mirai Trunks just as much as he would for Present Trunks, he's still his son just as Mirai Bulma was still his wife. Black, in Vegeta's eyes, committed an unforgivable crime in harming his family.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:30 pm

baby pan kills black by accident after playing with him lol ^^

Protege
Beyond Newbie

Post by Protege » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:32 pm

sintzu wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Wasn't Toriyama gonna use Gogeta in the manga anyhow but refrained from doing so because he was gonna be a big selling point for movie 12 or is that merely fan speculation?
Yeah, he said in an interview that he was planning on them doing the fusion dance but due to movie 12 using it he thought up the Potara fusion instead which I think made the arc better so not only is m12 a great movie, it also made the Buu arc better than it was going to be.

what a sellout!!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:52 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Bulma or Future Bulma with some kind of device.

Because why not?
But Future Bulma is dead.
Won't stop them from reviving her at the end of the arc.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:54 pm

Future Mai. Use F. Trunks' sword and stab Black.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:57 pm

They probably make Goku and Vegeta do the job and Trunks finishes him.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:06 pm

ryou766 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Vegeta has nothing to do with his future self or family.
This is an absurd notion. Vegeta cares about Mirai Trunks just as much as he would for Present Trunks, he's still his son just as Mirai Bulma was still his wife. Black, in Vegeta's eyes, committed an unforgivable crime in harming his family.
I don't completely disagree, but you're inferring/projecting way too much as nothing that direct is ever hinted at in the anime/manga.

Does he care for future Trunks? Sure - that's shown. As much as his present-day son? Now you're just making stuff up. And future Bulma? You have absolutely nothing to base your assumption on since the two characters have never met nor interacted.

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:09 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Yeah that's why we will see Goku doing it as always. No hopes left.
I'm not against Goku getting the spotlight, the problem I have is them making stories that fit to be centered around other characters but forcing him in them just because he's the main character.

Why was Goku the one who tested Trunks' power ? wouldn't it have made more sense for Vegeta to do it ?

Why was Goku the one who fought Black first ? wouldn't it have made more sense for Vegeta to fight him considering he killed his future wife and nearly his son ?

It would be like Batman finding out someone else was behind his parents' murder but instead of taking care if it himself he'd stand on the sideline and let Aquaman take care of it.
Well put. In this regard, I believe Z benefited from the "wait for our messiah, Goku, to show up" trope. Since he was always en route, he couldn't be shoehorned into other characters' moments until AFTER he arrived to save the day.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:24 pm

z_cherub wrote:Does he care for future Trunks? Sure - that's shown. As much as his present-day son? Now you're just making stuff up.
Mirai Trunks and Present Trunks are the same goddamn person, and at the end of the day, both are his sons. It hasn't been shown/hinted at that he DOESN'T care about Mirai Trunks any less than Present Trunks, now has it?
And future Bulma? You have absolutely nothing to base your assumption on since the two characters have never met nor interacted.
Did you even watch the latest episode? Vegeta is LITERALLY in the gravity room thinking about what Trunks had told him of Mirai Bulma's demise before becoming furious (in addition to Trunks suffering as well), claiming that he would never forgive Black. They haven't met, so what? It's still Bulma, and Vegeta obviously cares about her.

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:59 am

ryou766 wrote: Mirai Trunks and Present Trunks are the same goddamn person, and at the end of the day, both are his sons. It hasn't been shown/hinted at that he DOESN'T care about Mirai Trunks any less than Present Trunks, now has it?
Wow, dude. I'm starting to think that YOU care more about this family than Vegeta does. You're so worked up... This is obviously too important to you to have a calm/civil conversation, so I'll leave it be.

Just note that absence of evidence isn't proof in & of itself. It'll help you sound more reasonable in discussions/debates later in life.

Didn't mean to threaten your worldview or anything, just bringing up another possibility/narrative.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:09 am

z_cherub wrote:
ryou766 wrote: Mirai Trunks and Present Trunks are the same goddamn person, and at the end of the day, both are his sons. It hasn't been shown/hinted at that he DOESN'T care about Mirai Trunks any less than Present Trunks, now has it?
Wow, dude. I'm starting to think that YOU care more about this family than Vegeta does. You're so worked up... This is obviously too important to you to have a calm/civil conversation, so I'll leave it be.

Just note that absence of evidence isn't proof in & of itself. It'll help you sound more reasonable in discussions/debates later in life.

Didn't mean to threaten your worldview or anything, just bringing up another possibility/narrative.
But he is right... More than one character has said how pissed Vegeta is. And it is not the usual Vegeta being pissed because lol strong character owned him... He gave us a reason far important than his own selfish things.

The last time he did it was against Fat Buu... You know for most people around the most epic moment for Vegeta's character

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:10 am

Kishido wrote:Goku or Vegeta... We all know that Goku most likely will be the one...

But honestly I think Vegeta would be perfect saving his SON's timeline and of course get "revenge" for his WIFE
Trunks!

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:26 am

sangofe wrote:
Kishido wrote:Goku or Vegeta... We all know that Goku most likely will be the one...

But honestly I think Vegeta would be perfect saving his SON's timeline and of course get "revenge" for his WIFE
Trunks!
He would be even better but this is something I doubt even more as Vegeta.

At the end it will be Goku.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:48 pm

Trunks should kill him as he killed Future 17, 18 and Future Cell. I really hope he will beat Black and keep being the only true hero of the future.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:13 pm

The common answers are Vegeta and Future Trunks. Not many seem to want Goku to take the win again, understandably so. Out of those three, Future Trunks is definitely my pick, since I'm tired of the Goku and Vegeta show, but I think I'd much rather someone else entirely. Maybe Kid Trunks somehow does it? The only way I can see is teamed up with his future self. Maybe Mai stabs him with Trunks' sword while he's distracted by something? Perhaps a fusion of two characters NOT named Goku and Vegeta? Like both Trunks fuse together to form... Trunks? Double Trunks? With half blue and half purple hair? :lol:

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:23 pm

Part of me wants Future Trunks to do it since he's been harmed by Black the most of everyone while the other wants Gohan to do it because it would establish his importance again even though I know that it'll be Goku or Vegeta.