"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
So no one able to answer my question?
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
That we don't know yet, but i assume Champa has took the six from U7. Maybe Bulma doesn't know there's only one left? Either that or they're trying to get the last one before Champa does.Kishido wrote:So no one able to answer my question?
- Sandubadear
- I Live Here
- Posts: 2152
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:39 am
- Location: Space Amazon
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
So Boo is not hibernating in Super.. I wonder what's the explanation for his absence in the F arc.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"
"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr
時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra
"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr
時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra
- Gyt Kaliba
- Kicks it Old-School
- Posts: 8869
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
- Location: Arkansas
- Contact:
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
Oh wow. I was really hoping it wouldn't go the 'obvious' route and just have the team be Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, and Trunks, but I was kind of worried it would. I was also kind of worried Beerus and Whis would take up two of the slots as well, leaving us with just one other slot. Very pleased to see neither scenario is actually what's going to happen, it seems!
Goku and Vegeta were a given, and I felt there was a good chance Piccolo was going to make the cut after his more heavy inclusion in Resurrection 'F', but Boo...that's kind of a surprise. If he actually does end up being one of our fighters for this, that'll definitely be interesting to see. It'll also be cool if Piccolo and Boo get some kind of training via Whis prior to this tournament as well. As for the fifth fighter being the mysterious person that Beerus fought once before and that remark never having been Whis at all - I'm definitely intrigued to see where that all goes. A part of me is disappointed that Kuririn doesn't get to jump in on this, but ah well.
And who knows, he might even get to join in on some of this other stuff that seems to be happening with Bulma and Jaco. And hey, Tights was mentioned! Or do we actually get to see her? We might get her in animated form yet, sweet.
All of this new information actually makes me more excited for this arc moving forward than I already was. Going with any of the easy routes I mentioned earlier could still have been pretty entertaining, but this is shaping up to be even better than that. If we don't have a dedicated legal simulcast by the time these episodes air, I'm going to be pulling my hair out.
Goku and Vegeta were a given, and I felt there was a good chance Piccolo was going to make the cut after his more heavy inclusion in Resurrection 'F', but Boo...that's kind of a surprise. If he actually does end up being one of our fighters for this, that'll definitely be interesting to see. It'll also be cool if Piccolo and Boo get some kind of training via Whis prior to this tournament as well. As for the fifth fighter being the mysterious person that Beerus fought once before and that remark never having been Whis at all - I'm definitely intrigued to see where that all goes. A part of me is disappointed that Kuririn doesn't get to jump in on this, but ah well.
And who knows, he might even get to join in on some of this other stuff that seems to be happening with Bulma and Jaco. And hey, Tights was mentioned! Or do we actually get to see her? We might get her in animated form yet, sweet.
All of this new information actually makes me more excited for this arc moving forward than I already was. Going with any of the easy routes I mentioned earlier could still have been pretty entertaining, but this is shaping up to be even better than that. If we don't have a dedicated legal simulcast by the time these episodes air, I'm going to be pulling my hair out.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
But shouldn't be in U6 DragonBalls... The way Champa talks and the fact that it is the twin of U7 it is somehow strangeAraki wrote:That we don't know yet, but i assume Champa has took the six from U7. Maybe Bulma doesn't know there's only one left? Either that or they're trying to get the last one before Champa does.Kishido wrote:So no one able to answer my question?
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
We know Champa actually found SDBs in U7 earlier, but apparently nothing was said about the U6 set...that's why i'm assuming those six belonged in U7.Kishido wrote:But shouldn't be in U6 DragonBalls... The way Champa talks and the fact that it is the twin of U7 it is somehow strangeAraki wrote:That we don't know yet, but i assume Champa has took the six from U7. Maybe Bulma doesn't know there's only one left? Either that or they're trying to get the last one before Champa does.Kishido wrote:So no one able to answer my question?
Maybe the chapter will clear that up.
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
Do you have the link to a fully translated version?Araki wrote: That first one was fake, ignore it. They are all giant sized, Champa has six of those, and there's nothing about them splitting or needing to put together.
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
So is piccolo and buu are gonna get a powerup 
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
Yeah I hope it will come out soonAraki wrote: We know Champa actually found SDBs in U7 earlier, but apparently nothing was said about the U6 set...that's why i'm assuming those six belonged in U7.
Maybe the chapter will clear that up.
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
Chapter 6 has some crazy stuff. I personally like the U7 team. Piccolo and Boo actually make a lot of sense based on their durability. It seems pretty obvious at this point that Toriyama doesn't really want anything to do with Gohan anymore, which doesn't bother me since I'm not really a Gohan fan but I can hear the internet already. Then again, maybe there will be conflicts in other places that he will help with. I'm personally happy that the guy can just relax and be a dad.
I was pretty much expecting an all Saiyan team, but I'm glad they went with who they did. Piccolo is one of my favorite characters and I'll never complain about him getting some shine. I hope Boo develops a little bit here and becomes tolerable. I'm fine with his inclusion if he grows as a character. Not sure how I feel about the mysterious 5th fighter, but we'll see.
This is why I'm waiting to pass judgement on the anime. I'm enjoying all the new stuff we are seeing from this manga and I think this is the point in the series where we will clearly be able to evaluate the series. This is exciting territory and I really hope they capitalize on its potential.
I was pretty much expecting an all Saiyan team, but I'm glad they went with who they did. Piccolo is one of my favorite characters and I'll never complain about him getting some shine. I hope Boo develops a little bit here and becomes tolerable. I'm fine with his inclusion if he grows as a character. Not sure how I feel about the mysterious 5th fighter, but we'll see.
This is why I'm waiting to pass judgement on the anime. I'm enjoying all the new stuff we are seeing from this manga and I think this is the point in the series where we will clearly be able to evaluate the series. This is exciting territory and I really hope they capitalize on its potential.
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/YTWes
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
What are you talking about? Gohan's obviously going to be tutoring everyone so they don't flunk the written test.Wezenheim wrote:Chapter 6 has some crazy stuff. I personally like the U7 team. Piccolo and Boo actually make a lot of sense based on their durability. It seems pretty obvious at this point that Toriyama doesn't really want anything to do with Gohan anymore, which doesn't bother me since I'm not really a Gohan fan but I can hear the internet already. Then again, maybe there will be conflicts in other places that he will help with. I'm personally happy that the guy can just relax and be a dad.
I was pretty much expecting an all Saiyan team, but I'm glad they went with who they did. Piccolo is one of my favorite characters and I'll never complain about him getting some shine. I hope Boo develops a little bit here and becomes tolerable. I'm fine with his inclusion if he grows as a character. Not sure how I feel about the mysterious 5th fighter, but we'll see.
This is why I'm waiting to pass judgement on the anime. I'm enjoying all the new stuff we are seeing from this manga and I think this is the point in the series where we will clearly be able to evaluate the series. This is exciting territory and I really hope they capitalize on its potential.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.
How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):
How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):
Spoiler:
- Gyt Kaliba
- Kicks it Old-School
- Posts: 8869
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
- Location: Arkansas
- Contact:
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
...I actually kind of want to see Gohan having to try and teach his dad something. Comedy gold awaits.ekrolo2 wrote:What are you talking about? Gohan's obviously going to be tutoring everyone so they don't flunk the written test.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
I hope Gohan teaches him really hard college-level stuff, only for the test to be simple elementary school questions.Gyt Kaliba wrote:...I actually kind of want to see Gohan having to try and teach his dad something. Comedy gold awaits.ekrolo2 wrote:What are you talking about? Gohan's obviously going to be tutoring everyone so they don't flunk the written test.
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
Lol, I actually want this to happen now.Doctor. wrote:I hope Gohan teaches him really hard college-level stuff, only for the test to be simple elementary school questions.Gyt Kaliba wrote:...I actually kind of want to see Gohan having to try and teach his dad something. Comedy gold awaits.ekrolo2 wrote:What are you talking about? Gohan's obviously going to be tutoring everyone so they don't flunk the written test.
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/YTWes
-
Kuririn Fan
- Banned Alternate Account
- Posts: 2313
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:32 pm
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
So much new stuff. This is beautiful...
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
I was going to try to avoid spoilers… but nah, I'm too weak willed. Wow, this is great.
Good B plot with Bulma, Tights and Jaco, and an interesting mix of participants, plus some humor potential. Plus a legit, positive, Gochi moment. Yay! I guess if Gohan has dropped below SSJ2 level from lack of training it makes sense to pick Piccolo.
I don't think Goku would fail a "prove you are sentient" written test: he knows how to read and write and do basic maths -- it was part of Kamesennin's training. Buu, on the other hand… That might be amusing. I'm hoping for Mr. Satan or Gohan to help here.
I don't think Goku would fail a "prove you are sentient" written test: he knows how to read and write and do basic maths -- it was part of Kamesennin's training. Buu, on the other hand… That might be amusing. I'm hoping for Mr. Satan or Gohan to help here.
- LuckyCat
- Advanced Regular
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:28 pm
- Location: The Sacred Land
- Contact:
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
So apparently Team Beerus gets the Super Dragon Balls Champa collected if they win. Also I'm excited we get to see Tights in Dragonball finally.sintzu wrote:Here's the text if anyone's interested :
Spoiler:
-
King Jacku
- Beyond Newbie
- Posts: 161
- Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:46 am
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
I finally cracked the code! It's so obvious why Boo was chosen over Gohan! After reading some of Toriyama's past interviews, it's apparent he hates doing what people want and loves doing what people hate. With Boo getting all that negative reaction in Super, he just had to add him. And with so many fans wanting Gohan to be cool/strong again he makes him look like an idiot at every chance he gets!
Soo..basically if we want Gohan to have a big role again we have to hate on him as much as possible and talk a lot of shit, I mean the guys own Dad has already joined the fun! It's such a shame too, as he looked so cool on that VJump cover.
Soo..basically if we want Gohan to have a big role again we have to hate on him as much as possible and talk a lot of shit, I mean the guys own Dad has already joined the fun! It's such a shame too, as he looked so cool on that VJump cover.
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
*Wishes Chi-Chi were there to hear Gokû say nice things about her, but will still gladly take the positive GoChi moment anyway.* Maybe they can do one of those scenes that flashes over to where Chi-Chi sneezes and wonders who was talking about her.
On hiatus.
Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō
I love how Toriyama has no shame in simply outright making it a plot point that Gohan will never be anything like his fans want him to. Gohan already got the highlight during the battle with Golden Freeza so it's nice to have others fight on the team.
I guess this also proves Piccolo is stronger than Artificial Human #18.
I guess this also proves Piccolo is stronger than Artificial Human #18.
6–4, 3–6, 6–1, 3–6, 6–3








