The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.
User avatar
Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1971
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:19 am
Location: Dragonball Multiverse
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Angelus » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:28 am

Well, yeah, might as well go fight the Androids rather than not doing anything at that point, for the humans. Their friends' lives were at risk.

And.. here's a nightly set before I go off to slumberland..

Android 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 13, 14, 15, Super 13, Future 17 and 18 (all bloodlusted) VS Post-1st day ROSAT Base Future Trunks (with Kaiokenx20)
[Kaioken has no strain though. No self destructing or absorbing]

Colonel Silver VS Pintar

Kibito Kai VS Fat Janemba

Saibaman VS Gine (Goku's mom)

Burter VS Piccolo (No weighted clothing on, Pre-Nail Fusion, first arrival on Planet Namek)
[If Burter can't handle it alone, Jeice steps in to help]

former versus:

User avatar
Galan007
Regular
Posts: 680
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:34 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Galan007 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:36 pm

Angelus wrote:Android 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 13, 14, 15, Super 13, Future 17 and 18 (all bloodlusted) VS Post-1st day ROSAT Base Future Trunks (with Kaiokenx20)
[Kaioken has no strain though. No self destructing or absorbing]

Kibito Kai VS Fat Janemba

Burter VS Piccolo (No weighted clothing on, Pre-Nail Fusion, first arrival on Planet Namek)
[If Burter can't handle it alone, Jeice steps in to help]
A sustained KKx20 doesn't even make base Trunks half as powerful as he is when SSJ. Androids stomp.

Goku compared Fat Janemba's power to that of Fat(or possibly Pure) Buu... And any version of Buu>>>Kibito Kai.

Hard to say. After first being wished back on Namek and sensing base Freeza's power(530,000), Piccolo still rushed in to help Gohan. I don't think Piccolo would have been nearly as confident with such a direct 'plan of attack' if didn't think he could at least compete with base Freeza on *some* level. That being said, I think Piccolo would stomp both Burter AND Jeice, who were each around the 40-45,000 mark.

User avatar
Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:18 am
Location: Oregon, United States

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:45 pm

Angelus wrote:
Android 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 13, 14, 15, Super 13, Future 17 and 18 (all bloodlusted) VS Post-1st day ROSAT Base Future Trunks (with Kaiokenx20)
[Kaioken has no strain though. No self destructing or absorbing]
I have Kaioken X20 Base Post Roast Future Trunks slightly higher than Piccolo (post fusion). So he'll take out most of the Androids up to #17, and #16 will make short work of him. Trunks needs Super Saiyan to take out #16. But in this fight that's against the rules :P
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

User avatar
Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 467
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Darkron2151 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:55 pm

Angelus wrote: Android 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 13, 14, 15, Super 13, Future 17 and 18 (all bloodlusted) VS Post-1st day ROSAT Base Future Trunks (with Kaiokenx20)
[Kaioken has no strain though. No self destructing or absorbing]

Colonel Silver VS Pintar

Kibito Kai VS Fat Janemba

Saibaman VS Gine (Goku's mom)

Burter VS Piccolo (No weighted clothing on, Pre-Nail Fusion, first arrival on Planet Namek)
[If Burter can't handle it alone, Jeice steps in to help]

Dabura VS Super Hatchiyak
[No stone spit]

Future Android 17 VS present Android 18

Manga Buutenks VS Mystic Gohan + Buu Saga Tenshinhan Potara Fusion
[Imagine if Goku, for whatever reason, threw the Potara earrings at Gohan and Tenshinhan instead. No tribeams, candy beams, absorptions, or blowing up of planets. No fusion time limit]

Mercenary Tao VS Bandages the Mummy
[The mummy's bandage body wraps won't be flammable. They fight on an open field]

Android #8 (bloodlusted) VS Spike the Devilman
[No devilmite beam]

Hell Fighter 17 VS Cell Games ASSJ Future Trunks with sword (bloodlusted)
[Future Trunks turns USSJ if necessary]
1. :wtf: Trunks dies by 17 alone let alone ALL OF THE ANDROIDS IN THE SERIES. He'll need SSJ in order to win. Heck, with all those numbers, maybe SSJG2.

2. Colonel Silver wins.

3. Fat Janemba was said to be stronger than Fat Buu, who is WAY above SSJ2 Vegeta, who was implied by Elder Kaioshin to be much more useful in the fight against Buu than Kibitoshin. So, yeah...

4. I'll give it to Gine. Her weakness lies in her kindness, not power. So she should at least be over a Saibaman.....unless he explodes.

5. IMO, Piccolo is Ginyu-Level at least. From Vegeta's statements about Gohan and Krillin's power and that they could beat Freeza, not to mention Piccolo rushing over to help Gohan against Freeza before he met Nail, that's probably where I'd put him.

6. Maybe if it were Normal or "Base" Hatchiyak, Dabura may have a chance. But Super? No...

7. II don't have the Future Androids that much weaker than their Present selves, but I also don't have 18 that much weaker than 17 either. I give this to 18.

8. If Gohan reverts to Base first and then Fuses, and the Fusion then goes Ultimate, it'll beat Buu. If he just stays Ultimate and fuses, the difference in power would be to great to do anything significant.

9. I give this to Tao.

10. Android #8 wins IMO.

11. Hell Fighter 17 was fighting on par with Base Vegeta, who has INCREDIBLE Toei Hax and who's SSJ is implied to be even stronger than Majuub. 17 wins easily.

User avatar
In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 822
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:49 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by In Brightest Day » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:11 am

Perfect Cell vs. Son Gohan, Son Goku, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Piccolo, Krillin, Tenshinhan, Yamcha and Android #16.

- So basically, instead of going through the Cell Games the Z-Fighters take the logical route by ganging up on Cell from the very start. Can they pull it off?
Last edited by In Brightest Day on Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1971
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:19 am
Location: Dragonball Multiverse
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Angelus » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:23 am

I asked a question like this before. Full power Perfect Cell still wins, as the majority consensus.

User avatar
Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:18 am
Location: Oregon, United States

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:32 am

Angelus wrote:I asked a question like this before. Full power Perfect Cell still wins, as the majority consensus.
Let's say the gang doesn't give Cell the chance to power up. At 50% they will take him.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

User avatar
Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1971
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:19 am
Location: Dragonball Multiverse
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Angelus » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:09 am

Well, damn, with Cell at only 50%, Gohan alone should be enough. And if you don't think so, then Goku's there to help out too. Everyone else could just go suppress their power levels to 1 and just go gang up on Mr. Satan or something while 16 go hang out with some birds. :lol:

User avatar
RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8881
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:29 am

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:
Angelus wrote:I asked a question like this before. Full power Perfect Cell still wins, as the majority consensus.
Let's say the gang doesn't give Cell the chance to power up. At 50% they will take him.
Gohan one-shots him, then.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

User avatar
Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1971
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:19 am
Location: Dragonball Multiverse
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Angelus » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:41 am

Well... here's some matches before I go to bed:

Yakon VS Android 14

Vegeta (Post-Recoome fight senzu bean zenkai) VS Gohan (during Frieza and King Cold's arrival on Earth)

Frieza Saga SSJ Goku VS Damaged Android 16 (Post Semi-Perfect Cell fight)
[No self destruction]

Yetti (from Planet Arlia) VS Saiyan Saga Yamcha

Buff Garlic Jr. VS Vegeta (Post-Dende Healing on Namek)
[This is the filler Makyo-Star Enhanced and Immortal Garlic Jr, except in this fight he's not actually Immortal but retains the same level of power]

former versus:
Last edited by Angelus on Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:18 am
Location: Oregon, United States

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:09 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:
Angelus wrote:I asked a question like this before. Full power Perfect Cell still wins, as the majority consensus.
Let's say the gang doesn't give Cell the chance to power up. At 50% they will take him.
Gohan one-shots him, then.
Well I intended this to be the same Cell that was fighting Goku equally in power. That's 50%. He didn't go 100% until SSJ2 Gohan was outclassing Cell.

SSJ Gohan does not one shot him. lol :)
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

User avatar
ZombieVito
Banned
Posts: 6222
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Angelus wrote:Well... here's some matches before I go to bed:

Yakon VS Android 14

Vegeta (Post-Recoome fight senzu bean zenkai) VS Gohan (during Freeza and King Cold's arrival on Earth)

Namek Saga SSJ Goku VS Damaged Android 16 (Post Semi-Perfect Cell fight)
[No self destruction]

Yetti (from Planet Arlia) VS Saiyan Saga Yamcha

Buff Garlic Jr. VS Vegeta (Post-Dende Healing on Namek)
[This is the filler Makyo-Star Enhanced and Immortal Garlic Jr, except in this fight he's not actually Immortal but retains the same level of power]
]
a) I have no idea how strong 14 is but I doubt he is under Freeza Saga SSJ Goku tier, so he wins.

b) I have Gohan after Namek at 400,000. Vegeta wins (have him at 480,000).

c) A SSJ Namek Saga Goku is at 4,500,000. Android 16 will only need 1% of his power to beat him (I have him at 500,000,000). I hardly doubt he doesn't have that, he wins.

d) No idea how strong is that thing. I guess Yamcha loses just because.

e) I would have Piccolo at Vegeta's level of power in that saga. Garlic Jr. loses.
Last edited by ZombieVito on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:18 am
Location: Oregon, United States

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:58 pm

Some more VS..

Mercenary Tao (Red Ribbon Army Saga) VS. Yajirobe (King Piccolo Saga)

Kid Vegeta (from the Bardock Movie) VS. Nappa (Saiyan Saga)

Transformed Princess Snake (Snake Form) VS. BUBBLES!!!
Angelus wrote:Well... here's some matches before I go to bed:

Yakon VS Android 14

Vegeta (Post-Recoome fight senzu bean zenkai) VS Gohan (during Freeza and King Cold's arrival on Earth)

Namek Saga SSJ Goku VS Damaged Android 16 (Post Semi-Perfect Cell fight)
[No self destruction]

Yetti (from Planet Arlia) VS Saiyan Saga Yamcha

Buff Garlic Jr. VS Vegeta (Post-Dende Healing on Namek)
[This is the filler Makyo-Star Enhanced and Immortal Garlic Jr, except in this fight he's not actually Immortal but retains the same level of power]
1. Both #14 and #15 are weaker than 100% Frieza, Yakon wins with little effort. All of the Super Saiyans one shotted the Androids in the movie.

2. I posted something very similar to this, and Post-Recoome Vegeta loses against Gohan in the Frieza arc.

3. Namek Saga meaning 90,000 Goku turning Super Saiyan? He's not very strong as a Super Saiyan, a near dead Android can beat him.

4. No idea who Yetti is, been years since I saw the Filler DBZ episodes. :P

5. I personally have Garlic Jr. equal to 3rd Form Frieza. Vegeta wins.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:10 pm

Mercenary Tao (Red Ribbon Army Saga) VS. Yajirobe (King Piccolo Saga)
Yajirobe
Kid Vegeta (from the Bardock Movie) VS. Nappa (Saiyan Saga)
Nappa
Transformed Princess Snake (Snake Form) VS. BUBBLES!!!
Snake
Yakon VS Android 14
Yakon ~ Base Goku > Base Goten =< Android 18 >> Android 14. Yakon stomps
Vegeta (Post-Recoome fight senzu bean zenkai) VS Gohan (during Freeza and King Cold's arrival on Earth)
I have Gohan pushing up 1 million here, so he stomps
Namek Saga SSJ Goku VS Damaged Android 16 (Post Semi-Perfect Cell fight)
16 destroys him...
Yetti (from Planet Arlia) VS Saiyan Saga Yamcha
Idek tbh, I'm sure Yamcha will find a way to get Yamcha'd somehow, so Yeti wins.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:10 pm

Janemba match-ups:
1. Base Gogeta

2. SSJ Gotenks [post-BBQ]

3. SSJ 2 Gotenks

4. Kid Boo

5. Base Vegetto

User avatar
Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
Posts: 1971
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:19 am
Location: Dragonball Multiverse
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Angelus » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:37 pm

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:Some more VS..

Mercenary Tao (Red Ribbon Army Saga) VS. Yajirobe (King Piccolo Saga)

Kid Vegeta (from the Bardock Movie) VS. Nappa (Saiyan Saga)

Transformed Princess Snake (Snake Form) VS Bubbles

Yajirobe. He was close to match level 22nd WMAT Goku. And that Goku was even more powerful than his post-Korin self.

Kid Vegeta. He was already close in power to his father who was supposed to have a power level of 10K.

Snake because Bubbles has no natural means to fight back when he gets swallowed. Snake also has magic. Bubbles is supposed to be stronger though.

User avatar
RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8881
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:39 pm

Well I intended this to be the same Cell that was fighting Goku equally in power. That's 50%. He didn't go 100% until SSJ2 Gohan was outclassing Cell.

SSJ Gohan does not one shot him. lol :)
I don't think Cell was just using 50%. So yes, Gohan one-shots him.
Mercenary Tao (Red Ribbon Army Saga) VS. Yajirobe (King Piccolo Saga)

Kid Vegeta (from the Bardock Movie) VS. Nappa (Saiyan Saga)

Transformed Princess Snake (Snake Form) VS. BUBBLES!!!
Yajirobe one-shots him. He did decently against 22nd Budokai Goku, while Tao Paipai was curb-stomped by a much, much weaker Goku.

No real way to tell.

Bubbles.
Janemba match-ups:
1. Base Gogeta

2. SSJ Gotenks [post-BBQ]

3. SSJ 2 Gotenks

4. Kid Boo

5. Base Vegetto
1. SS Gogeta could not one-shot or three-shot or whatever-shot Janemba. He needed to beat him down. I don't think Janemba is dimensions below SS Gogeta, so base Gogeta has no chance.

2. Same logic as before. Janemba is somewhat close to SS Gogeta, who I think is about twice as strong as SS Gotenks, or a little more. He stomps.

3. Don't know. Depends on the SS multipliers apply for fusions.

4. Janemba wins. He beat SS3 Goku without tons of trouble, and that Goku was supposed to be a bit stronger than the one who was fighting evenly with Pure Buu. Pure Buu CAN win in various ways, I just think it's more likely that Janemba will.

5. Don't know.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21434
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:27 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Janemba match-ups:
1. Base Gogeta

2. SSJ Gotenks [post-BBQ]

3. SSJ 2 Gotenks

4. Kid Boo

5. Base Vegetto
1. Janemba stomps

2. Janemba stomps

3. Janemba stomps

4. Janemba stomps

5. Vegetto stomps

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here
Posts: 2496
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 am

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:56 pm

SSJ Gogeta vs. SSJ 2 Gotenks

User avatar
Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 467
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Darkron2151 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:00 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:SSJ Gogeta vs. SSJ 2 Gotenks
I don't have the children that much weaker than the adults, especially after the ROSAT. SSJ2 Gotenks (Pre) would win with little difficulty. SSJ2 Gotenks (Post) would have no trouble at all beating Daddy.

Post Reply